THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 2)

It’s been around a year since Teaking changed their’s PFP to a halloween one. Will the PFP become even scarier for this year’s halloween?

1 Like

I think I will win this
It is time to return to the origin

The infamous upsidedown D
extra smol this time

1 Like

I think I’m going to miss the little cambrian-ish guy a little, but seeing that tone of purple again is just good

3 Likes

Do not worry.
he will return
with extra developed

2 Likes

Doom brought him back to the cambrian seas for further evolution.

5 Likes

I wonder what HE will become after this evolution period… Sentient Land Anomalocaris?

1 Like

I miss his old PFP. Anyway…

I honestly feel bad for that person who’s constantly being abused and cannot realize that fact. I mean, people say he’s autistic, but a true autistic person wouldn’t be that delusional. I wouldn’t be surprised if Chris had lead poisoning as a child.

Well I mean, it’s not like you can’t be both autistic and completely delusional.

1 Like

Now that I think about it, will the computers we have even allow to simulate AGI at a reasonable speed? Maybe the question isn’t yet when it’ll appear, but if our computers even have the power needed to emulate it?

How would you know that a computer is just too slow to simulate an AGI? Instead of being completely unsure if some theoretical system would be an AGI without actually being able to create that system at a good enough speed to observe what it can do.

1 Like

Still, AGI taking a few hours to write a sentence due to the complexity of an artificial, virtual brain, wouldn’t be very usefull, if at all. Proving that it really does fullfill AGI criteria would take even longer to do, as it will be hard to determine if the AI is just pretending to be AGI… Over a timescale of months.

it would probably be using most of its computing power to build a computer that can hold it and work well if it thinks it’s too slow

AI tech companies would love for that to be the case. All they have to do is say that they need a few thousand times faster computer than currently and investors would flock in. The first company to have a general AI that could replace any (office) employee would be making so much money in a few years once the technology is polished that anyone who didn’t get on that bandwagon would be left behind in the old world.

That would also be about the time when the system of working HAS to be changed. If people cannot get a job because an universal robot already took it, they’ll need a respectable amount of money to be paid to them instead.

2 Likes

i literally screamed, shook, cried, and excreted when i saw this pfp come back
thats how scary it is

What did the reverse Dr. D do to you?

he existed

Does HIS existance scare the heck out of you? Why is he so “scary”?

New AI technologies are inspired from neurons (i.e. neural network), but what if we’d inspired ourselves from xenobiology research to create a more efficient AI?

And we’d all suffer from starvation and rebel against greedy corporations. For us to get UBI, we need more political stability and just enough time to implement UBI into international law.

1 Like

How? We’ll probably have a much easier time in making an AGI (or at least much more advanced than the current text predictor models) than finding intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.