…To be fair mosquitos do somewhat fit this criteria if you stretch it to include hosts/infectors
I’ve seen it mentioned briefly, but want to clarify. Was The Disturbance removed as the mascot for Thrive?
Yes, it was replaced by the Hexaquill mascot because Revolutionary Games couldn’t contact Sciont, who made the disturbance.
So unless he reappears and gives the okay, it won’t be used for any future official material.
Does this mean the disturbance emojis that we have are currently in progress to being replaced by hexaquill emojis, or are those safe? Since it’s been like a year since hexaquill was introduced
Anybody have the Disturbance image then? Want to save it even if it’s not official for anything
And what’s a Hexaquill?

Hexaquill:
The emojis were made before the change, and should probably be replaced at some point if doing due dilligance, but that needs someone to make them.
I’m still bummed out about the disappearance of disturbance. Considering I like its design much more than hexaquill’s and it’s just much easier to draw and more recognizable imo.
(Also what happened to Sciont?)
I think he simply moved on like many do.
I mean fan art is a bit of a legal gray area, but you’d probably be fine making said fan art of a niche alien design.
It’s just that Revolutionary Games RY shouldn’t use it, because they are a recognized legal entity and can face actual consequences, like being sued. For a single person, likely worst case is that you’re asked to take it down before it reaches any lawyers ear. That’s not always true, this isn’t legal advice, just that I think it’s unlikely.
As for Sciont, we don’t know; like ahh said, probably just moved on.
Hopefully the same doesn’t happen to hexaquill and mr42 one day
Did Sciont specify that Disturbance was copyrighted or a free-to-use character? (Example: Mickey Mouse vs Rudolph)
Since we had this problem that resulted in the replacement it’s likely they didn’t specify that
Not to my knowledge. And without express permission, you have to assume all rights are reserved.
Has Mr42 given the copyright to RG? If so, even if Mr42 leaves hexaquill should remain fine to use practically indefinately.
Companies do have contracts where they end up taking the copyright from their works creators, and win when the creators try to use it elsewhere. As far as I’m aware RG has no stipulation that work created on it’s behalf is theirs though, correct me if I’m wrong.
Since hexaquill was made not long after the disturbance’s retirement it would be in it’s maker and the developers’ heads to prevent the fate of the disturbing to fall upon the 6-sided.
Also we’re less than 50 posts from reaching part 3 now
I understand it, but it’s a pity. I think The Disturbance is so much more iconic and unique
Don’t get me wrong, Hexaquill is interesting, but it doesn’t have the same vibe or prescence as The Disturbance
I wonder if any people would actually be FOR keeping hexaquill if sciont returned
I do really like the Hexaquill as fanart/a creature, but I’d absolutely vote for Disturbance as a mascot
As expected. Woudl like to see how this vote would go like a few years from now assuming sciont doesn’t return
Flight time for me lol. At least it’ll give me time to work on the rules draft for a forum game I’m working on, if I’m not squished like a pancake
Hopefully no one is setting off fireworks early /j
I don’t think planes are THAT scary
