THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

The way I often feel is illegal on the forums. On a more positive note, a few days ago I started learning Arabic, Czech and Russian.

which infinitely tiling shape is the best

• square
  • triangle
  • hexagon
  • other

0 voters

Hexagon is the bestagon

5 Likes

That’s undisputable fact

1 Like

this is correct because they use the strongest angle repeated three times and any force applied to one part is distributed along every part connected to it

1 Like

Edit: here’s the pre-stream questions thread:

And there’s also the usual VIP thread as well.

3 Likes

Version 6.0 already? it feels like 5.10 just released. Time go fast.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what the Klume/Galgrost is from the Thrive Universe? There is a page for it on one of the wikis I’ve found but the page is completely blank

I’m just curious was reading around a little bit and found that page

I believe it was made by Roboromb

1 Like

The TU is sadly very dead. There hasn’t been any activity in at least 3 years

1 Like

Yeah, I was just reading through what was left and couldn’t find anything on this one despite there being a page for it

Oh well, it’s fine. I was attempting to reference/pay respects to some older creations by including the sapient races from the TU in my forum game, but if I can’t find anything on this one it’s whatever

Why are newer GPUs getting bigger every generation? I won’t even be able to keep my small case. Have they forgotten about people who own mini-itx builds?

Question: Can waterblocks reduce the size of my GPU?

Chip manufacturing technologies aren’t improving as fast as anymore, so instead of relying on newer process nodes to have much better performing products, they need to know crank up the power consumption to try to get those generation leaps people are used to. Watching LTT all the small cases they use seem to now be geared towards fitting just barely the latest GPUs, so you could upgrade your case even if you don’t want a bigger form factor.

Yes. From what I’ve seen all waterblocks make GPUs just take up one slot of thickness, though they obviously can’t help if the graphics card’s PCB is too long, but the length of the cards hasn’t gone up. In fact I remember when AMD had much longer GPUs than they do currently (at least I think that’s the case).

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about making a portable case, but I’m worried about the size. Waterblocks could definitely help with the space, yet I’m still worried about leaks and also the outside temperature. What if I’m using the computer in a near 0 degrees Celsius environment? Given that the water that is used for cooling doesn’t have any solute to lower the freezing point, I’m afraid the water could freeze and clog up the tubes.

Perhaps I could cover the case with an insulator so that it keeps it warm enough for the water not to freeze?

Random question that doesn’t have anything to do with the above: is it possible to delete posts in a closed thread?

1 Like

AFAIK closed and archived topics are different, so closed topics aren’t read only and can probably still be modified (by posts being deleted or liked).

2 Likes

Considering how hhyyrylainen helped the development of Thrive, I think it’s time for us to establish a cult in honor of him…

10 Likes

Coming here once a blood moon to check how the progress is going, good christmas eeve to everyone

5 Likes

Feliz Thrividad

2 Likes

How do I change the game’s lenguage? I didn’t find any option for that.

EDIT: ok, I finally found it in “Sound”

2 Likes

The new update looks dope asf

3 Likes

A few days ago, I was watching the game awards as I was looking forward to win a steam deck. I got bored after 30 minutes and disabled the sleep settings, so the stream continued. Yesterday, I saw this video.

I can’t believe I missed this.

Doesn’t have anything to do with the above, but I just went on SteamDB and noticed that The Last of Us is coming on PC! YEAH!