THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

This is one of those things that takes like 2 seconds to look up on Wikipedia.

1 Like
Yeah, but according to Wiki, somethings still don’t make sense. See: China is a republic, yet it’s not always telling its concerns to the people, which is the point of a republic.

Just like North Korea is a republic. Some countries say they are republics but aren’t. a republic is actually a representative democracy, which means citizens elect leaders that go to the government and do what the people want. America is a republic

1 Like
It’s confusing because I looked into Wiki and it said that China is a republic. Maybe because it’s only one-party?

The Communist Party of China (CPC) is the founding and ruling political party of the People’s Republic of China (PRC). The CPC is the sole governing party within mainland China , permitting only eight other, subordinated parties to co-exist, those making up the United Front.

China is a communist country, though not really because of coughcorruptioncough

Elites in society

WORT WORT WORT

Please do not write low quality posts. Only post your message if you have something to add to the conversation.

3 Likes

You know, despite spore branding it the cell stage, it was more like a multicellular stage, because it finished when you gained a brain. Yes, they may have used cellular parts, but the “cells” looked more like creatures and fish.

I don’t know why I just said that, but I did

4 Likes

But it’s true! Cells don’t have eyes!

Wuhan Coronavirus is now in Canada.

People from the number one ranked high school in china was coming to perform for my Chinese class, but of course, some Americans are to skittish. so it got cancelled.

1 Like

Well of course, when there’s a new virus spreading around, you want to minimise contact with the source. It’s just a precaution. What if some of your classmates became sick because of that visit? People would complain that the school was negligent.

1 Like

I know, but it is really annoying because I was looking forward to that

Death toll over 100 and nearly 4,500 people infected. And it’s reached Africa so we’ll see if it explodes there. This is going to be an interesting year.

China’s been playing Plague Inc.

2 Likes

Alot, there it reached the number one most downloaded app.

China has problems at managing diseases because its population is always growing too fast.
In occidental countries, it doesn’t seem to be the case and the people is even getting ‘older’. Might be an effect of education.

Nice joke, @RoboRomb btw.

EDIT: I feel like starting polls. I might start polls again! mwahahahaha! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

i don’t think that’s a joke, the people are actually playing it alot.

In China specifically?

Random polls! haha
This will be my first and last poll for the moment being, though.

What future is the most ideal regardless of how likely it is going to happen (anonymous)?

• The World is unified pacifically with a supranational union like the EU.
  • Mankind is united under a Federation, a la Star Trek.
  • World remains separated as it is right now or is separated even further.
0 voters

Sorry for the politics poll, I’m just wondering about that subject because of the current world situation.

EDIT: The ‘why’ may be interesting.

I’ve been thinking about how a city where the State owns everything might work. Not like communism, but instead, everything is taxed. Healthcare, power, water, heat, homes, even food! However, speaking of food, there would be limits imposed on the number of things you can take out. Something like a food card that you scan and, based on your family size and economic state, you get to “buy” more or less food. Profitable companies that start up could be bought out by the government so people still have a motivation to go into business, and I think people would live with less worries about making ends meet, unless I’m overlooking something?