THE NEW Miscellaneous Talk That Doesn't Deserve A New Thread Thread Thread (Part 1)

Hi!

2 Likes

hexagon cells 2:
sphere cells

1 Like

is it possible to integrate Discourse Official Footnote Plug-in to the forum it be useful for some of the more science-y post that might need this sort of thing?

Would people actually use it? As it is an official plugin it’ll probably keep working and not cause issues, but installing it needs a discourse rebuild taking like 15 minutes of time when the forum needs to be down.

0.5.9 Release Candidate Testing
when

It just released!

Why do some of you keep posting replies with empty detail boxes? Not going to lie, it is kind of annoyng.

This is a way

to make a post filler.

1 Like

the more users i see online the happier i am. Because many users means more talking and stuff

1 Like

They don’t know how else to do a post filler

I see now. Although I think there are better ways to do that. For example, I just open and close empty bold tags.

Like this:

<b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b><b></b>

Yeah, it is very annoying. If people want to put post filler in, use invisible html tags or blank bbcode.

Or for example here, this poster could have included a link in their post to the relevant thread, that would definitely go over the character limit.

2 Likes

Does anyone here know what NationStates is? if yea i want to know how yall run your nations. Seeing as ive gone from a magnificiently democratic democracy, to corrupt dictatorship, to corrupt communist dictatorship, to corrupt dictatorship, to monarchy and then finally to a Psychotic communist dictatorship, i feel like im not ruling correctly.

Edit: was playing and now one of my last policies from the time i was a democracy has just been canceled due to a rather poor decision

1 Like

I mostly asked because I was making a post and thought I should used footnotes but then realized that markdown footnotes were a plug-in and so I asked.

So at least one use I guess lol

Anyone have suggestions for a thrive challenge? Ofc for 0.5.9 since that gives more options.

What is “necroposting”?

Necroposting is when somebody replies to a thread that hasn’t been posted in for quite a while, usually upwards of a month.

The rise of the necroposting-mancer has been spotted.
what side will u choose?

sry not sry, I will go to the light

7 Likes

I used to play it and created a Scandinavian utopia or something close to it.
Not to brag but my country was somewhere in the top 10 when it came to corruption
I think it got deleted due to inactivity though

1 Like