The Thrive Odyssey

Just so you all know, you don’t have to immediately evolve after everyone mates. The possibility is unlocked, so you all have to agree to evolve. I’m telling you all this so you don’t feel pressured to rush things.

Should we evolve?

• Affirmative
  • Negative
  • Neutral

0 voters

I suggest you wait next round or when the choice to evolve is actually available before polling. Right now it is locked because Kada won’t mate until at least next round.

action: kill some monkeys in the arena.
other action: in order to distract the people go to war with nearby monkey clans.

Action: Go Scout More

Edit:
I think a neat idea for the separation between the inter-stage and 2nd stage would be a “research” into some sort of government which would allow the player to stop controlling individual people and begin to declare actions like a regular civ forum game and i think this could be something that would happen on a per-player basis where some people could be on the 2nd stage and some would be still stuck in the inter-stage

2 Likes

I really don’t know what to do now lol
Action: Try to befriend a lion from the nearby pride [that’s probably gonna end up badly, but if I succeed then in this timeline humans will have domesticated lions, which would be an absolute win! :lion:]

Some helpful information as most of us move towards being modern humans. Humans bounce around Africa for a while, and the climate experiences some very dry periods. At around 130kya there’s two groups of humans, the one that becomes the San people of southern Africa, and the one that becomes everyone else. There’s also a few early migrations out of Africa that didn’t last, maybe someone wants to make one of those successful this time around. The big one that stuck is at around 70-50kya.

I’m going to be heading straight to Europe here to become Neanderthals, mirroring our timeline where H. heidelbergensis spreads to Europe around 600kya. I’m not sure how OmnipotentFNarr wants to hand the passage of time.

Action: Dig up a plant, I guess.

1 Like
You seem to understand a lot about anthropology. Anyway…
What do you mean by digging up a plant?

*double post

As Magic8Ball04, I help Evolution4Weak to scout the area.

@OmnipotentFNarr, everyone posted their action, we can now begin!

are we not on different teams/tribes???

1 Like
Indeed. We are in different tribes. What’s the matter?

Evolution4Weak is in Zen’Zon’s tribe, which is in a different area, so you can’t help him.

Wait, I tried to help him? What!?

EDIT: Lol I’m a dummy.

As M8Ball, I try to build a statue of spacetime.

Now, you can post the next round.

I read a lot. I have a bit of formal education too, I guess. Thanks for the compliment.

I mean I want Sysiphus to pick a plant, and dig it out of the ground. It seems like an appropriate action for a dirty scavenger who has nothing better to do.

1 Like

Before posting the round, I want to ask: Since the interstage is a village, you guys won’t be nomadic and will already start with agriculture. Are you all OK with that?

Wait, no. We need to be nomadic. It’s part of history!
In fact, do you mean we can’t migrate or that we simply won’t go from point A to point B in the same region? Do we get to choose where we establish ourselves?

I figured the first few actions would be like a “journey” portion before you all settle in your own region.

After that and pulling a few space-time strings, we can jump in the future where you “discover agriculture, so you can truly begin the village stage.

2 Likes

But do we HAVE to settle down? I personally am going to become the mongols.

1 Like

You don’t have to settle if you don’t want to, but you won’t have permanent buildings. I guess you’ll start without agriculture if you don’t mind.

But could I start with something else? Like animal affinity/herding, that would represent my nation.