The Thrive Odyssey

Sure. Instead of agriculture, you’ll have a domesticated pack animal to keep things fair.

Alright then! This is perfect. I am good to go!

Uh, that’s not what I was expecting. I guess I can make it work, I’ll just have to move ahead my timeline.

Actually, he said that we can move from place to place until we find the location we want to establish ourselves in.

So once the migration is finished blackjacksike will begin as neolithic European farmers, and I’ll be pockets of still-extant neanderthals that have adapted to an agricultural lifestyle?

Well, Europe is not as precise as I imagined. I just didn’t want to tell my specific spot to avoid someone else taking it.
Anyway, which continent do you guys want to go?
  • Americas
  • Europe
  • Asia
  • Africa
  • Oceania

0 voters

*double post

Damn! I forgot something! You know, there are some idle players (e.g. Magic8Ball). How will it work for them? Do we play in their stead as before but when they rejoin us, they can re-create their civilization as they please? How will it work?

I will take care of Magic8ball as an NPC civ.

That way, it will be fair and neutral. Let’s go!
EDIT: @OmnipotentFNarr, when are you planning to post next round?

I held it back to make sure everything is cleared up before you advance (or not). It will be tomorrow.

1 Like
I can’t wait! I can’t wait to thrive!
Story

Things are almost totally uneventful right now, as everyone senses that something will happen that will shake things up. However, that didn’t stop one devoted leader to plan on spilling his neighbour’s blood in a war of ideologies…

Volume 1: Ancestors
Round 34, Homo Habilis - 2.4 Million Years ago. Day 6 - Evening

Abayomi's clan
Tekis

Action: Make music for fun
Result: 12/20 +3 = 15/20

You make some nice music for the people to enjoy and boost morale.

Health: Healthy
Food: Full
Thirst: Full

Inventory: stone hatchet x1, Slingshot x1, cooked elephant meat x1, water basket x1(100%), empty basket x1
Personality: Bard

Magic8Ball04

Action: N/A
Result:

Food: Hungry
Thirst: Thirsty

Inventory: Pair of Shoes x1, spear x 20
Personality: Weirdo…, Handyman II

Abayomi

Action: Make a speech
Result: 13/20 + 3 = 16/20

You deliver a fiery speech on the humble beginnings of the village and how great you’ve become. The crowd goes wild an people have more faith in your leadership. For that reason, your charisma perk has upgraded to level 2!

Magic8ball builds a nice beacon so people can find the village.

Thirst: Thirsty

Inventory: metal pieces x9, cool rocks x3, rando fruit x3, meat x1
Personality: Charismatic II, Mate Master

Sysiphus

Action: Dig up a plant
Result: 15/20 +4 = 19/20

You dig up an odd plant out of curiosity and discover an edible root (onions). You dig out a few more.

Thirst: Slightly Thirsty

Inventory: raw onion x4
Personality: Dirty Scavenger II

Zen'Zon's clan
Zen'Zon

Action: Kill some people in the arena
Result: 14/20

To sooth your inner demons, you viciously kill a few gladiators in the arena. You have reset your morale status.

You sense treason and doubt in the air, so, like any good modern-day leader, you distract the population with a war! This war is focused on cleansing the land of the heretics, and it begins with the neighbouring village. Your distraction works, as people move their concentration from an uprising to tool production as you prepare to shed lots of blood in what will be humanity’s first war.

Thirst: Slightly Thirsty

Inventory: robes x3, sturdy spears x2 holy spears x1
Personality: Bloodthirsty + Religious II= Zealot

Evolution4Weak

Action: Scout more
Result: 6/20 -1 +3 = 8/20

You fail to find anything of interest while scouting the region.

Inventory: Random fruits x7, handful of termites x1
Personality: unlucky, scout

Grodd

Action: Befriend a lion
Result: 11/20

You lure a lion using your meat hunks, and you manage to make a friend out of it, as in, it won’t attack you. You can’t command it, but maybe with more meat and practice, you might gain a pet!

Inventory: Random fruits x5
Personality: Philosopher, Devoted

Kada

Action: Mate
Result: 20/20!

You find an outstanding mate!

Inventory: Nothing :frowning:
Personality: Religious

@blackjacksike @Magic8Ball04 @Mr.Pigeon @Pentaphon @TeaKing @Evolution4Weak @zenzonegaming @OoferDoofer

OK, everyone mated, so it’s time to enter the village stage. Post “ready” as your action if you’re ready to advance. This means that you will be prompted to leave (or stay, it’s your choice) and settle (or not, once again, your choice) in a new area and prepare for a new game mode as you become the leaders of your own village. The time of individuality is over, and the time of decision-making is upon you! I will post more details about this new stage next round. Everyone must be ready to advance, if the decision is not unanimous, this current stage keeps going.

Action: Ready
Would A Poll Be Better?

Action: Ready
Yeah I think a poll would be better.

As Magic8Ball, I am ready.
Abayomi is ready.

OK, here’s a poll instead.

• Ready
  • Not ready

0 voters

As for the journey part, do we move from point to point or do we instantly get teleported?

Hopefully instant. Having point to point would be severely hindering to people going long distances away.

Hey this game seems nice can i join ?

1 Like
Of course you can join! The gamemaster (OmnipotentFNarr ) will probably accept you when he comes back. Welcome back by the way!