The Thrive Odyssey

Thanks,ill wait then.

1 Like

will the war continue after we evolve?

If, you want to, we can transport it to the next stage. Otherwise, it’ll be lost in time.

Yes you can join, you can take over Magic8ball’s village.

And what if Magic8Ball returns?

I want to continue the war please.

It’s been two months since his last post, he’ll have to start over with a new civ.

I think we can continue! Yay!

wait we are at war? who are we fighting?

He’s fighting NPC’s I think.

If you were to keep going, it would have been like an event war with an NPC village and you would all get a dice roll to see how well you’ve done, much like the storm. But now, since you’re splitting, the war will only affect Zen and his villagers.

1 Like
When is the next round, Master?
Master @OmnipotentFNarr?

Soon. I didn’t forget, I just don’t have time right now.

2 Likes
Story

The first chapter of our Odyssey now complete, the sands of time trickle until we find ourselves in a new age, the dawn of civilization. Our players are now transported into this new age with leadership in mind, as each has a plan of his own. Will they stay or will they leave? We shall find out…

Volume 2: Diffusion
Round 35, Homo Sapiens (Next round this will be removed as it is unnecessary) - 200,000 Years ago. Day 0 - Morning

PLEASE READ New mechanics and rules

We have entered a new volume, which means new controls and mechanics! We are now in the village interstage, which means that you are all leaders of your own tribe now. You have all split over time and have founded your own village. Here is how this will work:

Actions: As leaders, you command your people. You each start with 20 tribesmates who will perform passive actions on their own (such as gather food). As a chief, you can also decide what your tribesmates will do (for example, if you are low on food, you can prioritize tracking game). You are all nomadic right now, so you have to move from where you are (this will only take one turn). For the village and travel stage, you get 2 actions, but they will increase with population and achievements.

Stability: Once you form your village, you will have an internal stability rating that will fluctuate depending on your actions’ results. If your stability is low, you start losing villagers, and if it reaches a critical point, there is a riot event and, depending on the dice roll, you either stay leader or get booted, losing the game.

Research: Upon founding a village, you can also use your global action to research different technologies to improve your lifestyle.

Tekis

Population: 20
Jobs: N/A

Type: Bard (Thanks to your entertainment, you get a bonus to diplomacy and trade with other nations)

yp364

Action: N/A

Type: Weirdo…+ Handyman II = Outcast (Because of your peculiar nation’s practices, others tend to stay away from you, giving lower initial reputation. On the upside, this gives you a bonus to technology development and you are harder to spy on)

Abayomi

Population: 25

Type: Charismatic II + Mate Master = Diplomat (Thanks to your smooth-talking skills, you know how to convince people that you are nice, giving you a bonus to negotiations and initial reputation. You also start with extra population)

Sysiphus

Population: 25

Type: Dirty Scavenger II = Trader (All that time working with the ground has made you accumulate an abundance of resources you know others want, granting you a bonus in trading and initial population)

Zen'Zon

Type: Bloodthirsty + Religious II= Zealot (You know your faith is the right one, and you want everyone to believe in it, whether by will or at gunpoint. This grants you a bonus in combat and religion but a malus in initial reputation, as people feel intimidated by your warmongering)

Evolution4Weak

Type: unlucky + scout = Scout (You know the land like the back of your hands, which comes with the perk of a bonus in spying and exploration)

Grodd

Type: Philosopher, Devoted = Shaman (You are devoted to helping others while pondering about the mysteries of the Cosmos. This grants you a bonus in technological research and initial reputation)

Kada

Type: Religious (Your faith is strong and no one can tell you otherwise! You have a bonus in religion technology research)

@blackjacksike @Magic8Ball04 @Mr.Pigeon @Pentaphon @TeaKing @Evolution4Weak @zenzonegaming @OoferDoofer @yp364

You may name your clans and villages if you want. Otherwise, they will have default names. For your actions, please post where you want to migrate (continent and approximate country if possible)

1 Like

Tribe name: Britannia

Village name: Londinium

Old Location: Morocco, Africa

New Location: England, Europe.

Questions:

1. Shouldn’t it be Stage 1.5, since it’s an inter-stage?
  2. Can we name our villagers?

Trader is an ironic bonus given that one of the most obvious differences between humans and neanderthals was that the latter didn’t do long distance trade (the other one being the lack of religious or cultural artifacts). I guess it’s different this time, and maybe that’s why they didn’t go extinct.

Before I pick let’s see where other people are going. I want to be on the periphery of someone else’s group, and I should be in Europe or at least Eurasia, but otherwise I’m pretty flexible.

Also, FYI farming reached the British isles around 6kya (4000BC) in our timeline.

1 Like

I shall settle in the Nile river in Egypt.
I was going to go to Norway (because vikings) but I realized my precious bananas could not survive, and the soil there is very poor in nutrients (which means it is terrible for farming).
also my clan is BANANARAMA.
also my village is called Musa sapientum fixa (I know it is long but google said this was Latin for banana).
also do I have another vote?
if so then action: develop basic agriculture.

Tribe Name: Mexica

Village Name: TenochtitlĂĄn

Gandhi can nuke himself, I’m going with the Aztecs :smiley: Prepare for many mass sacrifices>:)

Tribe name: Phoenicia.

Village name: Tyre

ill become the greatest empire to ever live! ill conquer the Mediterranean and perhaps even win the punic wars.

also, what can we currently research?

Name: Mongols

Tribe name: Kherzit

I will become the horde