The Thrive Odyssey

I think some people should be in different stages

People Distribution:

• 24 - Fisherman - Fish The Fish
  • 18 - Farmer - Farm The Farms
  • 18 - Herders - Manage The Animals
  • 15 - Builders - Build The Building And Craft The Tools
  • 13 - Gatherers - Gather The Materials For The Other Jobs And Manages The Storehouse
  • 24 - Philosophers - Research The Technology

Actions:

• [13 Gathers + 15 Builders + 19 Fisherman] Action: Establish A New Village Next To A River And Call It Anawel

• [24 Philosophers + 18 Herders + 18 Farmers + 5 Fisherman] Action 2: Learn How To Make Bronze

Oh yes sorry I forgot. Still have to perfect the formatting.

I think it wouldn’t be fair for the players who aren’t far enough to simply ignore them as civs can abuse their lack of power and that would break the game.
You can still research things after you’re eligible.

So i guess i have to make an action (How do you get two actions help)

Action 1 - Make half of my population research a better weapon
Action 2 - The rest of my population research a way to defend ourselves while moving

Random Information
Stadtburg is supposed to be where Linz is
The people of Kugelland are called SphÀrenvölker

You need another village.

wait so i can’t explore? Or is it for something else?

You have to research various things, but my advice is that you should research agriculture first.

You can have as many actions as you want, but they have to be divided by your population. You can also just have one action, which adds no negative to the dice roll, unlike splitting population. The way it works is if you have 50 population and put 30 of your people to do one thing, the roll will get a -3 because it is missing 3 groups of 6 people (it’s groups of 6 because it’s calculated by adding one for every 10, starting with 3 for 20, then 4 for 30, and so on
). Does that clear it up?

1 Like

well i changed my actions, and i actually like them more

yes, thank you!

1 Like

Ok I want to trade and improve relations with the marcelinians
I will create a new job of builders and they will be 10 people
My warriors I want to raise to 20
My farmers to 15
My blacksmiths to 5
My miners to 10
My traders to 10
And my inventors to 8
I want to discover pottery with the rest

So what’s the difference as we enter the civilization stage, if you can summarize? I’m probably going to wait.

4 citizens move into each of the 3 food-production roles. In light of recent events 10 become devoted soldiers and there’s no new traders .

The fishermen of Xirimiri, hearing news of a hostile nation, decide to research watch towers so they can see anyone coming up the coast. Others similarly get to work on defenses. The herders, farmers and healers dig deep, wide lightly stake-filled trenches in strategic locations on the approach to the village. The fishers of Laestrygonia and the new soldiers work on better bows, and the traders head to Britannia looking for new ways to turn bronze into weapons. In exchange they will offer navigation by the stars (or whatever other single tech tier blackjack feels like).

They are pretty similar, but the main difference is that the civ stage has more complex relations and economies. Right now, it’s pretty straightforward, trade=good and attack=bad, while more population=strong. But in the civ stage, there will be more factors like military might, economic strength, different cultures. You will also have inner conflicts in your cities like crime and corruption. You can also gain international prestige from monuments and I might even add tourism and pilgrimages. I didn’t really use stability in the village interstage but it’ll probably be more useful in the civ stage.

I want two global actions, so I think it’s time for The Great Mexican Colonisation:D
Action: Send 30 men to create a new settlement north of Tenochtitlán. The settlement will be named “Solàtempa” because it sounds cool.

A question, isn’t it Moctezuma? Or is there a reason why it’s called Montezuma?

Wait what are you talking about?
Montezuma is the name of the leader lol

It’s the Nover confusion, because the name is like Moctezuma I thought “Hey why does it say Montezuma? Shouldn’t it be Moctezuma?”, probably is just a random thing but E

Montezuma sounds like “Mount Zuma” (just a random thought)

Sorry, you need to have at least 100 population before establishing another village.

Questions & Comments

What a coincidence. I had a power outage too yesterday, so I couldn’t go to my PC.

Dictionary Entry (don’t repeat those words kids)

belgium.: Fornication Under the Cover of the King. A pass made by the British Crown that allows someone to reproduce with someone else without having a marriage.

F*H*U*C*K: Fornication Hospital Under the Cover of the King. A place where the ladies of the night can reproduce privately with citizens and strangers.

Jobs

• I promote 4 of my soldiers to the rank of Knight for their courage, honour and loyalty (bonus for both combat & politics).

My actions

• I, Arthur, King of Londinium, give all the Ladies of the Night a belgium., so that they may reproduce with Britons and non-Britons legally. Whoever tries to arrest them will be jailed for three hours or will simply receive a warning if they don’t know about the meaning of belgium. (increases the population).

• All handymen are ordered to build a F*H*U*C*K unit for the Ladies of the Night (I don’t know how it could change the gameplay; maybe it could increase the roll for the ladies or simply give an additional population).

• All farmers are introducing wheat into their agriculture.

• The fishermen are trying to catch fishes by creating a fishing net.

• Metalworkers are crafting iron armours.

• Hunters are going to trap wolves without killing them.

• Traders try to invent the British pound (currency).

• 5 Philosophers research on basic biology and the other philosophers research on animal testing for toxicology.

• Soldiers and Knights are establishing a guard post within Londinium.

Sorry for the language, but it had to be done.

Oh, that’s fine. I guess I’ll expand Tenochtitlán then by constructing more houses.

Alternatively, you could bypass that by allying or conquering an NPC civ and claim their village.