Thrive Civilization Game (Part 3 Reboot)

Im currently in a rush so i will post it at another time

Name: Akeer
Direction: North

2 Likes

Can I Join The Waiting List

also welcome back!

2 Likes

Yep you’ll be first on the list! And thanks happy to be back
Most of the round is written (first round is always easiest) just waiting on @PositiveTower @jellyfishmon and @serialkiller. No rush just letting y’all know

1 Like

Name:Kurichen
Direction:Northwest

2 Likes

Name: Kometenvolk
go east !

2 Likes

it seems like @jellyfishmon is the only one left.

Name: Olyamata
go west, as far from serial as possible

2 Likes

can i join somehow?(post filler)

you should aply to the waitlist and wait. also, @Skyguy98 next round please

You probably shouldn’t rush the GM, especially for a game this big.

never rush a GM in civ games, they usually take 3 days to a week to make some times even a month or more.

1 Like

sorry, i didn’t mean to rush him.

He said the round will be posted on saturday

Yeah I’ll add you to the waiting list. Thanks all for getting your votes in Thursdays are my busy days so I’ll try to get it up today but most likely it’ll be tomorrow. As the game gets more progressive and complex expect the rounds to take closer to a week to get done after all the voting is done.

2 Likes

Surprise, I’m bored so…
I hereby present the first round! As things progress and I get back in the writing style I used to have things will get more interesting, only so much you can do with the first round. Disasters will probably be enabled closer to round ten, and in order to make sure you guys are able to not get killed right away if you had a 10 or less I rerolled and took the higher number (some of y’all still got unlucky)

Round 1: The Exodus
After years of drought and the subsequent fleeing of local wildlife, scouts were sent out from the multiple tribes that inhabited the central valleys. Upon the return and advice of these scouts, many of the local tribe leaders have taken it upon themselves to lead their people out of the valleys that were inhabited by their ancestors. Although some chose to stay, the majority of the people chose to leave, either following the scouts or setting forth upon their own path, with hopes of finding a new home; they dream of finding a place where they, and their progeny can thrive.

@agenttine- Akeer
Vote: Migrate North (18)

Akeer

The Akeer would follow the Beastmen in their decision to head north, but unlike the largely unorganized and outcast beastmen, the Akeer would follow a different path. They would gather several large clans behind their own, and would journey through a valley which lead generally north, rather than following the herds of animals directly. This would prove to be a wise decision, as the valley held many plants and small game that were easy to collect and kept Akeer stocks full. As they journey north, they eventually came out of the hills and valleys of their ancestors to come across a wide open field, managing to head even further north than the beastmen. Before them lay large herds of strange multicoloured animals numbering far larger than any Akeer can count, the quadrupeds are often seen in their herds grazing near a large body of water. This is a great spot to resupply, but not all is well. Over the last few nights, strange creatures have been spotted in the high grasslands, mostly chasing the multicolour creatures, but some of which have gotten too close to the clans home to for comfort
Stability: Solid (2)
Power: Tiny (1)

@jellyfishmon- Olyamata
Vote: West (17)

Olyamata

The Oprectim were the first to leave the valley, heading west. The last to leave the valley were the Olyamata, also heading west. Hearing the rumors of the disaster to behalf the Kometenvolk, and in no small part due to an ancient rivalry that few remember, but some still care about, the Olyamata have decided to follow what some have taken to call the “sky” tribe. Luckily for the Olyamata, perhaps those people were paying too much attention to the sky, as the ground is still rich with resources that the Olyamata readily exploit on their journey. Better yet they make progress in the weeks that others have taken much longer to do, and are not only close to the endless expanse of trees taller and thicker than any man, they are also close to a running stream of fresh water that has provided the group with the opportunity to fish and hunt with near ease. All is not well though, as the forest contains strange arboreal creatures that sometimes like to take the resources that gathers have spent much of their day collecting. While not a major loss, the creatures are fast, persistent, and clever enough that they are something of a headache for Olyamata leadership.

@immortaldragon- Khurissa
Vote: East (20) (some luck after last time)

Khurissa

Of the tribes to leave the Valley of Ancestors, perhaps the most lucky was lead by the Khurissa Clan. Their leadership, in a series of passionate speeches and fiery rhetoric, rally a rather large group of clans to fall in line and head towards the East. Filled with some of the most skilled hunters and gathers, and bolstered by the knowledge of the wisdom of their leadership, the Khurissa have their stocks nearly always full, and make great time in their journey. Along the way, some have even managed to gather what appear to be berries that attract rather docile beasts that some have even taken to set their spare supplies on during their journey, and so long as one does not approach it from behind or attempt to get near their young the strange behemoths have been following the tribe faithfully east. Now the tribe comes across a large river, which to either side contains plants, animals, and other strange creatures, while further ahead still the Khurissa see an endless expanse of sand and sun.

@omnipotentfnarr- Ack Nan
Vote: Stay in the Valley (20)

Ack Nan

The Ack Nan were one of the oldest clans in the Valley of Ancestors, and their words always carried great weight in the discussions. When their leadership declared that they would not abandon the lands of their ancestors, so too did a great many other clans declare their intention to stay as well, and help the Ack Nan with ensuring that their precious home would not be lost. They have all agreed to pool their resources and wait out the end of the drought and the return of the valley to its former glory. With the large storage of food, and a clear leadership inspiring their people, the Ack Nan feel confident in their future, and nightly shamans work hard imploring their ancestors for rain to come and relive the valley of its drought. Meanwhile the scouts report that strange creatures, unlike any seen before in the valley of the ancestors, have been seen along the edges, despite the drought conditions. They are odd bipedal birds, large enough for a man to feed his family for a week, or maybe perhaps to ride?

@serialkiller- Kometenvolk
Vote: East (8)

Komentenvolk

Hearing the passionate speeches that the Khurissa gave, and hearing rumours of their bountiful journey east, the Kometenvolk have set out eastward toward the land of ever present sun hoping to also reap the benefits of the land. Unfortunately for the Kometenvolk, the Khurissa were so successful in their journey that most of the land had already been picked clean by their incredibly skilled foragers and hunters. Following in their footsteps may not have been the best course of action, as the Kometenvolk are soon faced with shortages of supplies. To make matters worse, while they have managed to go perhaps farther than they should what they see before is not a bounty that they dearly desired, but instead an endless expanse of nothingness that is bare to the bone of even lifegiving water. This has had an effect on the moral of the Komentenvolk, who are now dealing with dwindling supplies, low morale, and a very, very hot area. Perhaps in another life the kometenvolk would have been more successful, but in this reality they are not.
Stability: Stable: (1)

@RoboTrannic -Poopoopeepee
Vote: Sail to the North West (12)

poopoopeepee

The poopoopeepee were, how to say this gently, always a strange bunch. When news came of the scouts return, their leadership were among those who claimed they were “demons and spirits of the dead returned to drag us to oblivion” and declared they would not head in any of the foretold directions. Envisioning their people on a great journey, the poopoopeepee leadership took their people towards the northwest. Unfortunately for them, without any scouts to go seek out the lands they journey to, the poopoopeepee soon got lost. In a twist of fate, one night as they were passing in the hills and valleys that make up the land around the Valley of Ancestors, several people fell off a cliff. While not killed they were injured, which has slowed the tribes journey, and they are still in the series of hills that make up the edge of the Valley of Ancestors, only about a fortnight from where their journey began.
Stability: Stable (1)

@teaking- Oprectim Tribe
Vote: Migrate West (14)

Oprectim

The first tribe to take the suggestion to leave was the Oprectim. One night, while consulting under the starlight, the Oprectim leadership noticed streaks in the sky, leading from east to west. Taking this as a sign from above, the leadership rallied their people to migrate Westward, towards the rich forests rumored to have the game that had fled the now dried valley. They leave the valley in good spirits, and with plenty of supplies gathered while the valley was still fertile. Heading westward, they make good time, and after a few weeks long journey now are in sight of the tall trees, far bigger than any man and that tower towards the heavens.

@MisterMustachio- BeastMen
Vote: North (14)

BeastMen

The second people to leave the valley were the so called “Beastmen”, so labeled because they were the ones who often lived on the edge of the Valley of Ancestors even before the drought, a loose grouping of people who were largely united in their disdain for the tribes in the center. They as a people decided to follow prey to the north, following in the trail of some of the last herds to leave the valley. The journey is long, but largely uneventful, and by the end the tribe is encamped at the edge of hills with large, windswept plains laid out before them. Unfortunately they do not see the large game that scouts spoke of, instead seeing only the trails of the herds of skittish quadrupeds that they have been hunting the whole time. Perhaps further in lay what large game they dream of

@blackink- Morbus
Vote: South-East (11)

Morbus

Unlike the other tribes, the Morbus did not heed the advice of the scouts, instead deciding to head in a different direction hoping to find new lands and spoils to claim for themselves. The journey started off in high spirits, before disaster stuck. In the dead of night, the guards in charge of the food stuff fell asleep, and provisions were ravaged by the wildlife. While the incident did not cause a terrible loss, it does put a strain on moral, and the question is left as to what to do with those unable to accomplish basic tasks. The tribe is currently settled only a fortnights journey from the Valley of Ancestors, still weeks away from anything not resembling the high hills and deep valleys that make up the Valley

@positivetower- Kurichen
Vote: Northwest (10) (got a 1 lucky reroll)

Kurichen

To the Kurichen, the Valley of ancestors represented many things, not just their homes for all their lives, but also where they had invested the fruits of their labor for generations before for generations to come. The idea of leaving was not a popular notion, and one which leadership struggled to convey to their people as the appropriate answer. Unfortunately, this indecisiveness delayed the Kurichen for weeks, while other groups took advantage of the still followable herds long before the Kurichen finally left the valley. To make matters worse, the ones that also went northwest were the rather…odd poopoopeepee people, who are not known for being generous with their manners. The way to the northwest was littered with rotten food, and perhaps feces that have made at least one person so sick that they can no longer stand on their own. While the leadership eventually managed to find another path to the northwest that the poopoopeepee were not on, this delay cost them dearly, and they are still only a fortnights journey from the valley despite having left months ago.

Well that’s the first round!! Thanks for all the support guys, hopefully you enjoy this as I get back into the mood of creative writing, it’s been a while. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, either here or in a dm. If things get too unwieldy here I’ll create a discord or something. Please feel free to personalize your tribe, the more you give me to work with the better the stories can become! And if you have any suggestions feel free as well, I can’t get better if no one says anything!

8 Likes

PS I’m still trying to figure out the details of this site so if anyone has any tips or tricks let me know, or if there are any mistakes in the writing

Action: make baskets out of plant fibers that can be tied shut to keep the animals out and make hauling easier.
P.S. you should make a discord server for this, even if you keep the game here it would be nice to have somewhere to chat about the game and post lore.

3 Likes

Thanks for the round Skyguy! :grin: Very glad for this good start. :smile:

Action: Rather than try a risky crossing at this point, we will follow the flow of the river, and do our best to ensure these large animals keep following us, they have proven quite useful. If we find a place where we can cross the river safely would be most excellent. As well as finding where it might end.

1 Like

Since people keep mentioning discord I tried to make one. Hopefully it works

2 Likes