Thrive SCP Thread

Addendum 9: furtwer analysis meow revealwed that SCP-8610’s most affected pawtients have suffered enjoyed or are are more likely to suffer to purr from similar conditions sillyness. :3
Below is an cute list of all pawtients in the adwanced stage:

-Dr. Sci0927

-SCP 8610-2-A (most know as funni soap cat)

-Trappist-1e (omg meee hiiiiiii)

Obs: despite sharing the same body with SCP 8610-2-A, [REDACTED] showed no signs of contamination.

1 Like

mods-discord-mod

I feel physically uncomfortable

Addendum 10: Multiple researchers have been infected with SCP-8510, forcing me and several others who seem immune to the virus to seal them in the Western Wing. I can only hope that they do not accidentally pry open an SCP cell before we find a cure.

Many of the remaining uninfected seem to be D-class or security personnel who operated in close proximity to SCP-035 for extended periods of time. My own office just so happened to border its cell. I suppose I can’t much complain about that anymore.

It is currently unknown why exposure to SCP-035 results in immunity to SCP-8610.

As the most senior researcher among the uninfected, I have assumed temporary control of the facility and sealed all entrance points. Should our containment measures fail I will detonate the atomic payloads and destroy the facility.

I am currently researching the origins of SCP-8610 while the others repair damages to the Western Wing blast doors. It would seem that its origins can be heavily tied to two Chaos Insurgents possessing the monikers ‘50gens’ and ‘TheForumGameMaster’.

My research leads me to believe that they are both currently sealed inside of the Western Wing. I have a team of engineers working in the vents to reestablish Security Cams in the area, so I should be able to identify them if this is the case. According to several files both seem to possess an immunity to SCP-8610, stemming from an intense hatred of individuals infected with SCP-8610, which should make them easy to pick out.

This is Doctor Marcus Zenn, signing off.

Addendum 11: My fellow researchers are forcing me to admit that I am technically only a podiatrist under threat of mutiny. These individuals should be reassigned to D-class as soon as control is reasserted over the facility.

3 Likes

addendum 12: after Dr. sci0927’s transformation it has been noted that 8610-2-A’s statements that exposure to 113 speed up the progression of 8610 are correct, as Dr sci0927 has already progressed to stage 4, at which point 8610-1 instances become 8610-2 instances due to their genetic makeup and physical structure changing to be more feline in nature, giving them a film at the back of the eyes that reflects light, a feline iris shape, more vertebrae and muscles to create a tail, the leg structure to allow affected individuals to walk digitigrade without tiring while causing walking plantigrade to be “uncomfy” according to both known 8610-2 instances, etc. the type of cat an 8610-2 instance takes the traits of depends on their favorite type of cat before reaching stage 4.

addendum 13: SCP 8610-2-A has been observed appearing outside her designated containment chamber when the doors were locked and there were no openings in the room big enough for her hand to go through, and escaping the facility to hunt birds. it is suspected that 8610 may give stage 4 individuals the ability to teleport as well as cat instincts, and based on her success rates drastically increased stealth.[1]

1. she caught a hummingbird, those [expletive redacted] are fast, and it didn’t even notice her til’ she caught it! and we didn’t either. ↩︎

Addendum 14: It should be noted that members of the research staff infected by 8610 still possess access to the filing system. Any Addendums which seem to support the goals of individuals infected with SCP-8610 should be immediately disregarded.

addendum 15: it should also be noted that minds already infected with a human tranbelgiuming memetic virus are not affected by any following memetic viruses of the same category, however, when someone with a personality disorder that causes more than one person present in one mind contracts a human tranbelgiumation type memetic virus, only the alter(s) that are piloting when it happens are affected, and the rest can still contract a tranbelgiumation virus. when an alter who is still human starts piloting and the one who was piloting before wasn’t(for example: made of ants), the individual will transform into a human who, aside from being able to transform into any animal one of their alters is infected with a tranbelgiumation virus for, is completely normal and non-anomalous. the body can also transform from any of the forms from the viruses its minds have contracted into any other form it has

Addendum 16: pwease let us out of the west wing :3

[Peeks into the room wearing an crumpled researcher coat, in it there is some drops of some substance that look like Bromium]
Researcher 7A: uhh excuse meo-, dr Zenn, what should we do with the infewted that bewieves in Bananism rewigion?
in my humble opiwion, we should alloy them to trawsit freely, due to their respewtful pwatices. I studied the subwects for an lowg time and they seem peaceful and dowt display any harmful comportaments. :3

2 Likes

Research note 1: Researcher [REDACTED] has been confined to holding cell 158 and is awaiting dissection. It should be noted that [REDACTED] was never in close contact with SCP-035.

SCP-035 has been questioned on its seeming ability to grant immunity to SCP-8610’s affects to people in close contact with it. 035 refused to answer, and became unresponsive.

The engineering team has reestablished Surveillance in the Western Wing at the cost of one D-class, who had to be left inside a bundle of wiring to manage the power and ensure the system does not go dark again. In return for this he has been promised double rations for the next week.

1 Like

Console logs from Site-33, January 9th

[LOG] 3:00:00 - Site-33 systems operational.
[WARN] 3:01:21 - Movement detected outside Western Wing.
[WARN] 3:01:40 - Person detected in South West gate. 
[LOG] 3:01:41 - Images forwarded to 33SEC.aic for processing.
[ALERT] 3:02:00 - 1 unauthorized person detected in South West Gate.
[ALERT] 3:02:00 - Site-33 security has been notified.
[LOG] 3:02:32 - Security systems have been disabled.
[LOG] 3:02:36 - Western Wing checkpoint doors opened.
[LOG] 3:02:43 - Movement detected in Western Wing Checkpoint

Surveilance feed from Site-33, January 9th

3:01:19 - A person in a hoodie and pants drives into the South West Entrance
3:02:00 - They took out a laptop, pressing a button.
3:02:45 - Rumblings and meows can be heard from the west wing, along with breach sirens.
3:05:00 - Security apprehends the person.
1 Like

Abbendym 17: The 05 council is now seeking to remove the entire month of January in order to stop the spread of SCP-8610 into the civilian population. Risky measures have been already taken to prevent that from happening.
75% of Site-33’s staff is now suspected to be infested with SCP-8610 and the rest have been issued to immedietly leave the facility so that Site-33 can be [REDACTED], neutralizing all life within including SCP-8610.

2 Likes

SECURITY ALERT - 1/9/2024 7:39 AM: several instances of SCP 8610-1 have decided to put one finger each on SCP 113 and are now rapidly progressing towards becoming instances of SCP 8610-2. along with this the two currently known instances of 8610-2 are going around running through the halls at 60MPH taking down all security personnel, cameras, door control panels, wiring boxes, and task force members they see. please avoid them at all costs, your continued having of a neck may depend on it.

SECURITY ALERT - 1/9/2024 8:07 AM: all previously contained instances of SCP 8610-1 are now instances of 8610-2 and have breached containment by going into a dark, unobserved area, and appearing outside the facility in another unobserved area. 8610-2 instances A and B also escaped beforehand and eliminated enough cameras for all contained instances of 8610-2 to escape.

1 Like

Abbendum 18: SCP foundation has now got all approvals necessary to use [REDACTED] in order to neutralize all instances of SCP-8610. [REDACTED] is to be used soon.

addendum 19: SCP 8610-2-A has turned into a colony of metallic green ants that are in the shape of a human. the ants glow when killed and more simply move in to fill the gaps, they no longer have any cat-like features. it is suspected they are the individual we initially found out about what human tranbelgiuming viruses do to individuals with personality disorders like DID from.

1 Like

Meanwhile, in a distant universe…

1/9/2024 8:08 AM: Nigel Nova was just taking a peek into a black hole, when suddenly, he fumbled and was hopelessly falling toward it. He braced for impact and closed his eyes.
Now, in this universe:
When he awoke, he was baffled by his new circumstance. Confused, he quickly got to his feet, and started wandering closer to a strange building. Seemingly, a horde of entities were making their way out.
“Would you like me to identify them?” His M.B.A. (Mechanical biological System) proposed.
“Sure.”
“Homo Sapien…Recalculating…Felis Catus. Recalculating. Homo Felis. Further investigation recommended.”

Nigel Nova began to approach the crowd, hearing distant noises resembling those of a cat on his way. Not that he knew what a cat was.
“Wonder where they’re goin’. Seem to be in a rush.”
“Warning: Hostility detected. Initiate combat immediately.”

He grinned, adjusting his glove. “This’ll be fun…”

1 Like

“transmission detected: ‘their hostility is not directed at you, but if your is directed at them, ours will be directed at you.’ location of transmission origin unknown.”

Nigel Nova took a glance backwards. Nothing but empty desert, with a city in the distance.

“You…creatures don’t seem like you should be out here…I see the target of your hostility. If you want to get to that city, you’ll have to get through me first.”
Adjusting his attention to his M.B.A. (residing in his brain), he ordered MBA to send a signal for backup.
“I hope anything else thats in there will want to help me…” He said, winding up his first punch.

“Warning! billions of extremely small, unknown, extremely durable, hexapedal entities detected, they seem to be eating anything that tries to attack the cat-people in very short amounts of time.”

Abbendum 20:
SCP FOUNDATION HQ, [REDACTED]
An 05 approaches a big red button.
They say “Well, this seems to be the only solution to this danger…”
But just about as thet hit the button, a lower-ranking person storms in!
“05, … take a look at this!”
He shows 05 a picture of what looks like a giant portal, formed above Site-33 and a nearby city. Many characters are falling from it to the ground below…
“We suspect that another universe collided with our own.”