Thrive: Source

Hey, @QuantumRiot, I think you can help in fact. It will make the project easier.

Oh hell yeah!

20 is a cool number

What do you mean by “20”?

Anyway, we will begin shortly after I’ll be done with my school session (after May 24th).

EDIT : *after May 27th

He was talking about the character limit.
Also cool idea

Hey, @QuantumRiot, would you kindly install Unity Hub, so that you may be able to learn how to use Unity? There are a bunch of tutorials in the “Learn” tab. I’ll re-learn how to use the engine. But you won’t have to install Visual Studio. I can’t install it for some reason, and I can just use Notepad++ instead (I’ve done it before). But we will start the project after May 24th. I’ll share you my Discord.
EDIT : Nevermind about Visual Studio, I finally got VS2017 to install. Still, I can’t install VC++ 2015 redist because of the 2017 one. D@mn ! Anyway, you said you would do the 3D models and artistic stuff rather than programming right? (I want to be the programmer, so that I may learn programming)
P.S.: Also, in the tutorials, there’s a problem with Tutorials 3 and 4. You have to change values, but the tutorial won’t consider your change. To fix the problem, you have to change your region format on Windows to English-US.

EDIT 2 : We will, in fact, start working on the project after May 27th.

ATTENTION! In the end, Unity will be used for prototyping only. Source will be used for the official version. Thus, the project is named “Thrive: Source”. And don’t mind about title changing !

is there a reason for the switch?

For the engine switch : At the beginning, I wanted to make the game on Source engine, but it was too difficult to think a way of implementing procedural generation with Source engine. Thus, I moved to Unity, but I really wanted to make the game on Source, so Unity will be used for prototyping.
For the title switch : Same reason.

I now have an idea for implementing procedural generation feature in Source, but I won’t talk about it right away. I just wanted to say that I still have an idea about it.

Sorry for, well- disappearing. I’ve been quite busy in the last months, so I didn’t have lots of free time.

If you are even still working on the project, feel free to message me, I have more free time now and can dedicate some of my free time to help you out.

Sorry, I abandoned the project. I think that what matters is that the real Thrive should thrive forever. Welcome back, by the way.