Thrive Universe Reboot Reboot

(OrganismOverlord) #165

Name: Flumen Virus

Symptoms: The Flumen Virus is a widespread infection, which was encountered by a routine expansion team of Umbruke who fell victim to the infection upon coming into contact with it. Notable cases of incidents involving the virus include a parasitic growth of fungal matter, hallucination, vomiting, and bloodshot eyes. Around 4 to 5 hours after infection, the victim will begin bleeding from the ears, eyes, and nose. Spores begin to sprout to spread the infection, which enters into other hosts by their orifices.

Interestingly, the virus seems to carry the characteristics of the previous host, adapting to the new host by morphing it into a hybrid creature. It was unknown whether it was a biological weapon engineering by an unknown race or if it had possibly developed on Glomerorum, the planet it was originally encountered on.

Those who are infected by it begin growing abnormal fungal growth, including spikes, and prehensile arms. In the process of slowly taking over the body, the virus causes genetic mutations to occur in the hosts body.

Currently: Currently, the virus is being studied and contained by the Umbruke, whom are working in a group-effort against the bacterium. Glomerorum has been put under long-term quarantine until a vaccine can be developed to cure it.

It is one of the most feared viruses in the galaxy, primarily in the Tenebrarum arm.

So is it a virus, a bacteria, or a fungus?

(OrganismOverlord) #167

Well, itโ€™s a little bit of both. Itโ€™s still a work in progress, though.

It was mainly based on the Cordyceps Fungus/Infection (The Last of Us and real life) and the Flood from Halo.

(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #168

Could i add my species to the thrive universe
I have everything ready just i dont have art of the species

(๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐“ˆ) #169

You dont really need the art for it, just post the bio about what you want to post

(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #170

Species name: oqlique
Home system: 5 planets 1 star 3 dwarf planets oqlique home planet is quan an they have a colony on quans sister planet wicily
Home planet: image
Description: they look like a pangolin and a dragon mix
Reproduction: when the fetus is developing in the womb after 4 months the female lays an egg which holds the child for another 4 months then they hatch (its like a mix between how mammals give birth and how reptiles give birth).
Bio: the oqlique have been around for longer then the human race since they were just crawling from the ocean to land they are highly curious creatures which have helped them make many things but as the saying goes curiosity killed the cat and it has almost killed the entire species before.
Government: the planet united but as a confederation with all nationstates becoming states, the government is a confederal republic where they elect officials from each state in the planetary parliment and they vote on laws and reforms and the head of government and the people vote on head of state.
Empire name: united states of quan

(OrganismOverlord) #171

Almost killed the entire species?

This seems like a military-driven race to me dawg.

(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #172

No like finding prehistoric viruses that they have no protection against or find ancient weapons that could destroy the world ending up in the hands of ruthless dictators

(OrganismOverlord) #173

Prehistoric viruses?

(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #174

They are a really really old species.
And my species is ready (he says like reggie lol)

(OrganismOverlord) #175

So when are we updating the wiki?

Itโ€™s been 21 days since the last post, so Iโ€™m just curious.

(Merlok keeper of the liberty top-hat) #176

Yeah iโ€™ve been waiting for them to approve my species for the last 20 belguming days

(OrganismOverlord) #177

Iโ€™ve been waiting since August for mine, primarily the Umbruke and Kyrinchra.

(The Third Duke of Silly) #178

People are busy.

(OrganismOverlord) #179

I know, I was just wondering as itโ€™s been awhile now.

(๐’ฆ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘” ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐’ฏ๐’ฝ๐’พ๐“ƒ๐‘”๐“ˆ) #180

Why are people switching to christmas profile pictures when its still november?

(OrganismOverlord) #181

Why not?

(10 characters)

(๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ”ฅThe Lord Of Bored๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„) #182

'cause stores are, and then you donโ€™t have 2 during holiday stress.

(OrganismOverlord) #183

Type : Politics and Governments

Involved Governments and Factions :

• Bayosoma Collective

• Temple of Research

• Democracy of Sedaho

• Pezzalis Trade Federation

Conflict :

The surreptitious study of less advanced organisms conducted by the Temple of Research, recently discovered after development of the Andromeda phase gate began, caused controversial arguments to arise in a bundle of political parties, particularly the Pezzalis Trade Federation and Democracy of Sedaho.

The Bayosoma Collectives scientific organization has been under fire for their numerous breaches of basic laws and constrictions, mainly for researching less advanced species that havenโ€™t even left their own planet yet. Many of the laws specify that research on other races is allowed only when the species has travel to another solar system, but these laws have been broken countless times by the Temple of Research.

The Pezzalis Trade Federation has significant problems with these studies considering it breaches basic Federation rules, and the Umbrukes apparent understanding of those laws, yet blatantly ignored them.

Recently, they conducted an expedition to a planetary system 54 light years away, somewhere in the Canotallus constellation in the Tenebrarum arm. Another expedition was sent out even farther, all the way out into the Andromeda galaxy, to a more oceanic world. With other reports on Umbrogian voyages, they are mostly classified or never released to the public.

(Snowy Bean God) #185

I made a thingy thingโ€ฆ @RoboRomb helped me ALOT
Thank himโ€ฆ

Itโ€™s called Gromolocarin i might change it but thatโ€™s what me and RoboRomb so farโ€ฆ