Today i learned

TIL that snails have teeth

TIL that bony backbones developed so freshwater fish could regulate the amount of calcium in their body. Storing it when there was a lot and releasing some when it was low. here’s a documentary on it

Summary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqoqxA8p_AM&t=668s

TIL that both male and female mosquitoes consume nectar for energy. Females add blood to their diet for the sake of obtaining proteins needed to produce eggs.

TIL that Goldfish were cultivated from Carp

TIL what pollen looks like

4 Likes

Today I learned that wasps are necessary predators in the ecosystem that feed on pests like greenflies.
They’re also pollinators and they love sweet foods/drinks.

jk, they’re the spawns of satan

2 Likes

TIL about Square and Cubic roots in 8th grade.

Thats about it from me.

hue hue, you be young boi

1 Like

I am indeed a young boi, thy am within the category of 13 year olds.

15 here bro, im suprised how many people have similar ages here.

Think about it, when spore released, it was targeted at young children, and its fans nowadays are around about their mid-teens, and they usually find out about Thrive when there is discussion on a theoretical Spore 2.

1 Like

I always wanted to play spore when i was a lad, and never got the chance too until a few years ago, enjoying every little bit of it until i got bored of knowing the game almost inside out due to the stages being predictable, i hope thrive will have a bit more unexpectedness when it comes to progressing.

(alright lets stop getting off topic)

2 Likes

Thats the same thing that happened to me. I first played the game enjoying the cell stage through the space stage. Unfortunately, though, I have succumbed to the same fate you had those few years back.

I think my spacefaring species was the Vortigonian, or something. I don’t remember, as I havent played the game in about a year.

The first space faring species i made was Ruskra, only i had deleted it due to going at war with two empires very early on in the space stage.

TIL that there’s literally a species named “Boops boops” and I love it

It’s even as cute as the name

8 Likes

TIL that Boops boops exist, thanks to Biologicah

1 Like

TIL that RoboRomb said “TIL that Boops boops exist, thanks to Biologicah”

2 Likes

TIL that QuantumCrab said "TIL that RoboRomb said “TIL that Boops boops exist, thanks to Biologicah”

1 Like

Stop before this becomes a looped curse

1 Like