Types of civilizations

I think the closest one could get would be an amphibious race of sapients.

One thing we seem to be missing is that how will they ever be able to create electric circuits due to water short circuiting them? And i dont think they would be able to develop tech to make air vacuums or whatever to keep from frying any circuits they make.

1 Like

I have an old geography textbook that I remember saying something about primitive building styles and their relation to climate but here’s another interesting source I found looking around the web:

1 Like

I don’t know if this accurate in any scientific way, but what if this ‘aqua sapient’ had blowholes?

They would breathe oxygen like humans would, adn would evolve to the surface. But with more advanced technology, build underwater bases? Correct me if i’m wrong.

And underwater air pockets/dens could have fire!
By golly you’ve solved it!

1 Like

Eureka! We have solved!

if they breathe air and can go on land they are just amphibians, (well just normal animals tbh) which is totally different then a fish building a technological civilization totally underwater. So no, still no underwater civilizations beyond stone age.

4 Likes

Well. Uh… Darn.

Who said fish? I thought it was merely an “Under water civilisation”?

We have always said if a creature can survive on land they can create a civilization (amphibians etc) , the thing is you cannot smelt underwater so they would have to smelt on land and that requires land infrastructure. But a purely underwater civilization is still totally impossible.

But that is where you are wrong mi amigo, for you see… Uh…

*Runs off *

1 Like

Life finds a way…

What about in the bowels of the planets core? or in the outer reaches of the atmosphere?

Ive always wanted atmospheric algae clouds…

I’ve been thinking about this one…

What about oceans of sulphurous water? Would it the whole ocean be yellow?

Because being an aquatic species and living in sulpurous water would be one hell of a way to live.

1 Like

Oceans with different amounts of compounds on different planets may be one way to create a world that is more alien. Also water filled with iron being red for example. And promoting chemosynthesis

Good to know. More alien is more good for me. (and for everyone else)