Underwater Civs 4.5 proving the system

There are electrical cells that can be added to a body, such as crab//crustation this is a fairly simple evolutionary path, but may cut off some things in the future, like sight, because there’s no real need for it. This may solve your problem, for the possibility, but il do some research involving the resistance of Iron, and the possibility of graphene as a conducted for specialized electrical conduits.

more likely, the best option for the current goal of the metal age (Right now), is the possibility that you can fit enough electrical cells onto a living being to smelt iron in the open ocean, ill need to do some lengthy research on that, but it should be possible, id says a 67% chance it might work. I don’t honestly know why we need a way to use this electricity to smelt metal, because it’s rhetorical.

you need metal to make electricity to make metal, there is almost a 0% chance of doing that normally, the most likely option for the route you take is one of using electrical organs and cells, as seen in electrical eels. THough ill get back to you with more “Real data”, ill do the calculations when I have time.

TL:DR - You got it all wrong, but it might work if we turn into eels

Everyone has to be on their best behaviour in this thread or this will be closed immediately without any warning.

Before these types of discussions end we’ll have the full game.

1 Like

A half of infinity is still infinity

Yep, but a smaller one.

Idk if it was talked about previously or not, but how do you make pottery under water?

No, the group of all even numbers and the group of all natural numbers is the same size, not one smaller than the other.

1 Like

You might be able to use stone carving to make pottery, but I think a bio plastic would work better, if secreted out of specialized glands.

I created a new thread to continue this discussion.

At least underwater you don’t need to worry about the wheel being among those. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

yes you do need the wheel. It’s for gears, moving objects on land, moving objects that sink very quickly, for lathes, for pottery wheels, and for many mechanical components that use wheels

Unsure if this has been suggested before but maybe if the aquatic species still needed water to breathe but could essentially hold its “breath” outside of the water for long periods of time, kind of like the real life Epaulette shark which can survive in oxygen poor and or extremely shallow water by temporarily shutting off non-essential functions and increasing blood flow to the brain. I don’t know if that would count as amphibious or not so this suggestion may not count.

basically you have to be really close to amphibious for that to even kinda work. I honestly think underwater civs will just be stone age, amphibious, or uplifted. Be a fun challenge run though

1 Like

this has nothing to with the current discussion but the right way to do one of these ¯\ _(ツ)_ /¯ on this forum

is like this: ¯\ \_(ツ)_ /¯ so that the left arm don’t get erase… just to let you know : )

you could also do this: ¯\\_(ツ)_/¯ to get this cool variation: ¯\(ツ)

it’s a little squished shrug

Along with the regular emoji variant: :person_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :woman_shrugging:

that also doesn’t include the various other shrugging emotes like this weird one (though technically not a pure shrug emote): ¯\ _( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_ /¯ or even the compact version ¯\( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/¯ (which does looks a bit weird and so should not be used)

made by these set’s of character ¯\ \_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_ /¯for regular and ¯\\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯ for the other one

Other variants can include:

• ¯\ _(ヅ)_ /¯
  • ¯\ _㋡_ /¯
  • ¯\(°_o)/¯

The way to make these is left as an exercise for the reader ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Fun Fact: This text shrug guy is called a shruggie

2 Likes

Theres no actuall way to prove such a thing scientifically/with a paper unless you gather a bunch of scuba divers and try to smelt metal using underwater resources. Its kinda ridiculous.

You are incorrect, all I have to do is find the electrical resistance property of iron, the passive cooling of saltwater, and the amount of electricity needed to get it to its forging temperature. As well as a few other things like its weight deph ect.

You need to prove that some organism is able to do that thing ,
not that enough electricity smelts metal underwater.
with a scientific paper ofc. Remember.

But that’s the first step right, we need to first prove that it is possible smelt enough metal underwater

It IS possible to smelt metal underwater given enough energy lol. The real scientific task here is that a species does and proving it in a scientific paper.

Actually thinking better about it, theres no PROOF that metal can be smelted underwater, never seen and never done by anybody.

Yeah but we are trying to see if it possible to do it without a lot of energy right and we are trying to find possible energy sources

Well ok, i can only say good luck proving that scientifically. If im not mistaken proving something is possible requires real life experiments documented in a paper.

Even if you discard the actual real life experiments id guess that water is a good enough heat conductor that water flow near the metal sample becomes non-negligent then youd have to consider the metal sample surface area and some differential equation/computer simulations for the water fluid flow near the metal to show the actual temperature needed for that particular sample. This isnt even considering that an organism has to be able to do that.

FTL for example IS possible not considering real life experiments remember.