Unofficial Thrive Forum Game Competition 2

so today, I guess so…

@aah31415 ok dude please be patient. I’ve seen you do it to other people running games as well, such as GodofKnowledge, and it is frankly unnecessary and kinda rude. Everybody here is human, even the gms, and can be incorrect about when they will be able to do something or not. They have no obligation to run these forum games but do so anyway, so cut them some slack please.

Also Thursday isn’t over yet, no need to nag them about not meeting a deadline when they still very well might.

If you had just done it once or twice I wouldn’t mention it, but I have seen it over and over again, so I figured I would say something.

3 Likes

In about a hour I will be able to sit down and do the round. I am sorry this is taking so long, but I must not fail my classes. The last test was yesterday, but a (insert mean words) of a teacher did a surprise paper today for today (last day of the semester) and just now I finished it and I need to go through the process of submiting it and having dinner.
I don’t know how it works in other countries, but here if you get a grade of <7 out of 10 you need to do a final exam wich (at least in my university) contributes to 40% of the grade and the initial grade goes about 60%, and you need to get a final grade of >6 out of 10 (or fail). The last grades go out tomorrow. If I need to do this final exam, I will only go back to the forum at some day past 22/08 (or sooner, it depends when the professor chooses to do the exam).
If I pass without needing this final exam, the next round will be or sunday or monday and I will come back to the saturday round thing (because it is vacantion I may even be able to do more rounds a week, but I probably will get some “unpayed internship” (a “job” to get experience in hospitals and clinics only as a med student, I don’t know the english word) wich hinders this possibility, but a man can only hope haha.
If anyone here is a teacher or will become one, please, don’t do unreasonable hard test just to try to fail half of the class (nor do a surprise paper on the last day of the semester when you don’t even have a class that day) (this is for my nephrology teacher).
Edit: also own up to your mistakes, the students will not look down on you for not knowing something or being out of date. Change the criteria of the answer and move on. (this is specific to my reumathology teacher)

@TwilightWings21 Since it is round 16, you would get 8 (not 7 votes), and you still get the vote of the round. So you would have 9 votes for the new species. (you still have some time if you want this votes) (try to use them sothe species get a niche)
Also, Bouldermaw can have a gt vote)

Boltbreaker:

Vote 8: Cilia
Vote 9: Electrotrophy - energy from electricity

Darkbreath:

Vote 8: Whirlpool Hunting
Vote 9: ER

No look this species generates electricity (or that is one of my votes)

Ok, how will this species generate eletricity? I was thinking you wanted something like electric toxin (like bouldermaw).

Edit: also, if you produce eletricity, it consumes energy, this energy must come from somewhere (other than itself)

For Bouldermaw I also didn’t ask for electric toxin but electricity generation as well, and so I used the guidelines you gave me there.

If this really still needs to be met I would gain such energy from kinetofimbria. Not enough to power my organism, but it might be enough to power electricity generation.

The metallic sail-scales could also be slightly charged to generate static electricity, and if that isn’t usable electricity as is then the electricity generator part could turn it into useable electricity

1 Like

I finished Round 16.

@aah31415 @Pac_Mine @sci0927 @Null @TwilightWings21 @doomlightning @fralegend015

I haven’t sleep/slept well for some time, so I won’t do the success of the species (LC, CR etc.) this round. The only species that are at some significative risk are Trilumis, Boltbreaker and Darkbreath. (absence of lightfor the first, need to be more specialized on its energy production/how it eats for the second and it wats inedible things and don’t have chemorreceptors for the last).
If you want to control more species just ask!

1 Like

What were the results for my votes four and seven for Boltbreaker and vote one for darkbreath? I can’t quite see the rolls they got.

Anyway, voting time;

Boltbreaker:

Vote: Electrotrophy

GT Vote: electricity generation if it failed (I can’t tell), if it didn’t cilia

Bouldermaw:

Vote: Red pigment, I BATHE IN THE BLOOD OF MY ENEMIES

GT Vote: Something that lets me get to the surface

Darkbreath:

Vote: Chemoreceptors

Edit:

I would control more species but I already control three so that would be a bit much.

1 Like

Volarae:
Main - Nervous system
Vgt - Better chemoreception (smell)
Modifier - +1 to volarae

Can you remove me from the @ing since i am not in the game anymore?

1 Like

What is the reward? .

Vote: air vacuoles
Vgt: improve poison
Modifier: +2 aah31415

Ok, Sorry!!!

6, 6 and 3 respectively

Choose one of the following options:

1. 4 extra mutation votes
  2. 2 mutations that will be a succes (5)
  3. 1 super mutation (8)
  4. Make a vote for anothers species (it can be something good or bad)

If you choose options 1 or 2 you can divide this votes however you want between your species

3 Likes

How it’s the plankton situation? Whatis the best source of food for heterotrophes and autotrophes in the area Trilumis lives?

1 Like

We have some “plankton”: platinum, bouldermaw and calura, all at the bottom. When species become more complex* there will be non player plankton.
*more multicellular species and more species at the surface of the ocean and at land. I belive by round 20.

The surface is not in a good shape. Thermo and photosynthesers can’t produce enough to survive, but chemeosynthesis is a good option. Another option is to adapt photosynthesis to weird (?) frequencies of light that can pass through the clouds; this frequencies are caused by gases released from the planet after the impact and would be some light reflecting aerossols; They would be less efficient and developing returning to normal (better) frequencies would require a vote, but it still is a option.
Consumers will not survive for long if the producers die, unless they go back hunting and fasting in the bottom, but they can survive if trilumis survive.

Is Sofface capable of surving in the bottom of the sea and aurface?

1 Like

Yes, it is cappable.

I will use the reward as 2 successfull votes

Trilumis

Vote: better genome protection

Reward vote: adaptation for the filtered light

VGT: better genome protection

Sofface

Vote: nervous system

Reward vote: bladder that can be filled with water to dive if it doesnt find any food on the surface and viceversa (it also helps Trilumis survive)

VGT: photoreceptors to distinguish between the surface and bottom of the sea

Thermastalensis

Vote: muscles allowing to move.

VGT: specialized gas exchange cells.

Modifier: +2 to doom

1 Like

sry for late anwer (just back for my vac): ( I want to make my species as weird and more like a semi-clone colonial like shponfirs)

Vote - Cephalization Zooid (“zooid head”)
GT- muscles

1 Like