Unusual technologies

Make a box out of the material that interacts with dark matter, fill it with dense dark matter and escape from there in hyperspace

Then a black hole bomb can’t be made the way I presented it.

Well your bomb wouldve worked by accretion and usually accretion takes millions of years to make one planet let alone a black hole…sooooo.

1 Like

Imma be honest this kind of stuff is beyond our imagination with how it works and is sci Fi, so theorizing how it will exactly work is beyond us, let alone how they’ll produce it

I personally would like to see the space stage “extend” known laws of physics as little as possible. FTL (and the ascension gate) is about the only really fictitious technology I think we really need to make an interesting stage. So all other technologies that seem to be against known physics would be optional to be put into the game in my opinion.

2 Likes

There would be an unrealistic technology switch before the game starts or something, and if not, then there will just be mods.

What about a reversal gate, when an object passes through it, one of these happens:

1. It becomes antimatter
  2. It becomes negative mass (instantly explodes)
  3. It becomes its mirror image
  4. Time reverses inside it (like the reverse all velocities button in universe sandbox)

Here is an unrelated idea. What about a weapon to turn a star into a black hole from afar?

Problem: How to make a black hole
Solution: Build a particle accelerator and collide particles to create micro black holes
Problem: How to send the black hole
Solution: Put the particle accelerator in space. The particles collide at an angle (like a letter Y) and exit the machine, the space is already a vacuum so no problem at having an open exit
Problem: The black holes decay at an instant
Solution: But they move at relativistic speeds so that lasts longer. Also place matter on the trajectory of the black hole so it grows as it goes
Problem: Even if the black holes reach the target star, there is no stopping mechanism, it would go right through the star and keep moving even after that
Solution: Send not one, but three black holes orbiting each other. The orbit is not stable,[1] so eventually one of the black holes will be ejected and two will keep orbiting each other. Send them so that the ejected black hole will be ejected back to the senders direction and stay stationary with respect to the star, consuming it.
Question: The implications for the fermi paradox
Answer: When the arecibo message reaches its destination 25.000 years in the future, the aliens there will send us black holes to turn our star and planets into black holes so that we wouldn’t have resources to resist their invasion fleet.
Problem: But this is an overpowered weapon. What if two aliens have a war and every star in the galaxy gets turned into a black hole?
Solution: There is no solution
Question: The requirements for building this weapon
Answer: Building a particle accelerator in space, aiming at a star and not missing it, solving the three body problem to send the black holes in the correct orbit around each other
Question: How much does any of this makes sense
Answer: I have no idea. You, dear reader, should give the feedback

1. there is no easy solution to the three body problem ↩︎

2 Likes

Ridiculous weapon just use stellaser launched rkvs. Also there’s no reason to double post edit a

Into your post and put a new topic in

1 Like

A car machine gun.
Cars do a constant loop and eventually reach an opening that leads to a tunnel, which it the barrel of the gun. Now you have a steady stream of cars coming out of a long tube, I have no idea what you’ll do with it but what do I know.
Tell me your ideas for what to do with it I guess?

2 Likes

Is that tiny cars coming out of a normal sized gun, or normal sized cars coming out of a giant gun?

3 Likes

Either or. Your pick I guess.

star links with stark’s laser
you send millions of them to alien plant and they laser the surface

i don’t know does stark has any laser

I propose we use this to cross the English channel, as it should be cheaper then building a bridge, or like, digging a tunnel, I mean what kind of idiot would dig a tunnel under the sea lmao?

2 Likes

Lmao just drain the ocean

ok that’s even better

Have you forgotten about boats?

You need to embark and disembark boats so just drain the oceans and drive lmao

you need to embark and disembark cars

Hey could we build some sort of gravitorial beam to catch stray planets out of orbit and place them in a solar system for terraforming? We will need a moon of course. Or cause planets to become stray planets?

yeah but you need to embark your car to embark your car to a boat to disembark from the boat to disembark from the car

Or you could just walk to the boat and not use a car