Video game idea thread

I made this thread for people to post their ideas for video games,Thought i’m probably going to be the main user of this thread.

1 Like

Someone should just take the technic modpack for minecraft and remake it to not need minecraft and just release it. It would be one of the best building games ever

3 Likes

I think it’d be cool if there was a kaiju game in RTS format. However, your job as the military commander isn’t to take down the monsters, but to hold the line and buy time for civilians to evacuate.

Monsters would be invincible, but your weapons would increase their “fatigue” percentage, gradually wearing them down. Higher fatigues mean slower movements and decreased charge speed for energy attacks. At 100% fatigue, the monster would give up and retreat. Monsters may suffer more fatigue from a particular weapon type, or be immune or even strengthened by it.

Each level starts with a deployment period, where the player positions his forces while the city prepares for evacuation. In additional to conventional armaments, the player can plant stationary traps, such as napalm and liquid nitrogen mines. After this period, a monster makes its presence known, and the battle begins. A certain number of civilians must be successfully evacuated for the player to win level.

1 Like

:frowning: you are a very bad Kaiju fan,here is my idea on the game:there is a battle sometimes it’s the military vs a Kaiju but if the Kaiju retreates ,it would just come back stronger ahem… Shin gojira most of the military weapons could kill some Kaiju like zilla,there is things that can actually kill Kaiju like the oxygen drainer,there is also a scenario where some kaijus are fighting each other and sometimes the military helps and aliens aswell,you can choose to play as the military or the kaiju,the goal of the military is to defend the city until the scientists found out how to kill the Kaiju or something special happens like mechabgodzilla or mothra,disaster could do it aswell but Godzilla survive a giant meteor without a scratch so maybe the disaster could do damage to certain kaijus,as the Kaiju you have an open world option which you an open world with tons of stuff and the non open world option which just put you in a scenario in the Kaiju films,there is a Kaiju and weapons tree to unlock certain things by doing certain stuff,also mutiplayer

FYI: For the people that don’t know what Kaiju is, I looked it up and it’s the genre that movies like “godzilla” belong too, which is apparently a very expanded universe

:frowning: you are a very bad Kaiju fan,here is my idea on the game:there is a battle sometimes it’s the military vs a Kaiju but if the Kaiju retreates ,it would just come back stronger ahem… Shin gojira most of the military weapons could kill some Kaiju like zilla,there is things that can actually kill Kaiju like the oxygen drainer,there is also a scenario where some kaijus are fighting each other and sometimes the military helps and aliens aswell

You do realize that most of this game would take place before humanity gets a chance to conceivably rely on any of that, right?

The oxygen destroyer was Serizawa’s life’s work, and he burned the papers after creating it, leaving the military no way to make its own copy for future attacks. The reverse goes for the coagulant used to paralyze Shin, since “bread crumbs” were left for the formula, rather than the finished copy. Even then, it would likely only be good against him and not any future monsters (assuming they’re not more Shin biomass taking new forms).

All robots used in the Heisei era were based on salvaged Mecha King Ghidorah, which was from the future. Even Kiryu took about half a century to be made, needing gradual advancement of maser weapons.

Aliens would be another unlikely event for the player’s prospects to hinge on. All in all, the player would still mostly rely on conventional forces.

Use your head.

All I’m saying that your game sound like existing games and I didn’t say anything about accurate things,lots of stuff in Godzilla don’t even make sense,also I’m talking about the scenario in the Godzilla movies,Godzilla isn’t a science tificly real movie

1 Like

You don’t know what a Kaiju is?

You know what a Kaiju is?

Yes what are you doing with your life if you don’t know what a Kaiju is

PositiveTower
Cheezeus Christ
3h
All I’m saying that your game sound like existing games and I didn’t say anything about accurate things,lots of stuff in Godzilla don’t even make sense,also I’m talking about the scenario in the Godzilla movies,Godzilla isn’t a science tificly real movie

Right, I guess I’m limiting myself too much with realism. Sorry about getting hostile.

Bit you gotta admit how could you make Godzilla not shin or earth retreat if it survive a meteor right at the face and his main idea was he survived humanity strongest weapons

What about a strategy game set in 1946-1970,

The game will be similar to the wargame franchise but with a few differences,the most major of these being the ability to customize units,for example you could change what weapons a infantry unit use or change the type of cannon a tank used,this feature would be available to all units.

Players would also have access to experimental weapons.

The campaign would be based around different conflicts that happened around that era(the Chinese civil war,the Korean war,the Vietnam war etc),campaigns will lack customization for the sake of realism.

A possible dlc would be “wunderwaffe” ,this dlc would be based around ww2 in 1945,it would include a large amount of experimental weapons and a new campaign.

1 Like

IOh you mean hoi4 mods or maybe hoi5,there isn’t an announcement but I think hoi5 is gonna be about the Cold War also the Chinese civil war is in ww2,they made hoi4 just in 5 years and theyre development team is bigger

No,the game only simulates battles.
It’s closer to Wargame: Red Dragon than Harts of iron 4.
And the Chinese civil war took place between 1 August 1927-22 December 1936 and 31 March 1946 – 1 May 1950 so it fits into the game’s timeline.

All I want is a Civilization game that features asymmetric wars and an actual economy section

1 Like

These aren’t game ideas,but still:
What about a crusader kings 2 mod set in Asia during 1600-1800.
Or a mod set in america during 1400-1800

EU4-America Edition

Necro time. I am imagining a resource intensive FPS where it’s WW3 and you are a soldier for 1 of 3 new factions, The Imperium for Man (Empire) which would control South America and most of Asia. There would also be The World Union (Union) which would be Africa and Australia. The last faction would be The World Protection Initiative (WPI) the world would be split into battlefields (like Heroes and Generals) and these would be large maps with 250 2 factions or 375 3 factions 125 people each side on a map at a time, this maps would then be split into 25 zones with a capture point in each (like Planetside 2). This game is meant to never be won by any of the factions, you win by controls every point on the map (1 team controls entire planet). If a team does win then they get a bunch of in game cash and an achievement.

I imagine an open world sandbox styled game based around heros and villians

Most of the objects in the game can be breakable if you have the strength or weapon to do so, making for some epic fights when you rise through the ranks as a hero or villian

the powers and weapons you collect and craft will be completely up to you to, ultimate freedom of playstyle, either it be overpowered gunman, energy weilding martial artist, complete robotic maniac, etc.

you could do special jobs throughout the game, but the story is up for you to create based off what you do.

basically i want a more polished, more sandbox-esc, more freedom based, elder scrolls game based off super heros :smiley: