What makes a species capable of entering the Awakening Stage?

so dolphins evolved mpd. cool

Dolphins dont have 2 brains, they are just capable of making each of their lobe sleep indipendently than the other, and it has been recordes that if you cut the tissue that makes human lobes communicate that the brain still works and displays signs of there being 2 people too.

1 Like

That is Aware stage. Awakening is a sub stage of Aware stage when your species is on the verge of becoming sapient and entering the tribal stage, but isn’t there quite yet

Ah okay, I was confused because of the similar names

1 Like

Reading the wiki will tell you when the stages switch to each other. Here’s the relevant page: Awakening Stage - Thrive Developer Wiki and what counts as the stage transition is:

The Awakening Stage begins when the player’s species achieves sapience.

Sorry, dolphins have two consciousnesses, not two brains, each lobe has separate memories and personalities and dolphins have learned to recognize which one it is by recognizing their body language and speech patterns.

And I told you it isn’t unique to dolphins.

1 Like

but they are the most popular example so it is pretty easy to forget

sounds like a larger, or should i say smaller skill issue

It seems to me that the road to sapience can be divided into a few layers, with each subsequent layer requiring the previous. In the simplest form, they are as follows:
InstinctLearningAbstraction

This is all a bit vague, and other factors are likely to be required in order to progress (such as language, social structures, and manipulation), but this seems like the simplest way to think about the problem.

1 Like

To reach awakening stage you must:

Evolve sapience in he aware stage >>> awakening stage transistion

God knows how that’ll work since we know most about the first two stages. Let’s just say that’ll it work ok?
And I guess that’s it. You technically can play in awakening stage underwater. But you’ll not get further then that.
How you’ll reach sapience, might be just by evolving you “brain” and other organs like that to a certain level.

humans is one of it r

Maybe there should be a number to show as a progress bar and just like the opposite of MP progress bar.
you need to add brain cells to make that bar to go forward
and there’s some basic thinking revolutions need to be evolved by yourself like the cognitive revolution (basiclly just changed the neuronal connection pathway to let us able to think about things that do not actually exist.) to break a limit to get into the next phase to evolve
here’s a little pic

2 Likes

It’s basically exactly my plan to have a “sentience” bar based on brain power which then lets you advance stages.

1 Like

wow that’s so cool.
So have you developers decided what these revolutions are?
I have two right now:
Cognitive Revolution for the last one, which make your species have the ability to think and create unreal things and in the end create huge societies and start a culture (basiclly the starting of a civilization) .
Self-aware Revolution for the second one. It’s for understanding that to separate “ooo it’s me/you” , which means that your species can pass the “mirror test” to recognize themselves.
Here’s another one that I don’t really sure that if it is reasonable:
Memory Revolution which means that you have enough brain cells to remember “oh this guy is good, and that guy is bad.”
The problem here is that the fossil system has already remembered the creatures for them. And the player is not stupid lol so they will just remember to take the Memory Revolution’s place.
A huge problem here:
If all the revolutions comes together, it will keep the Brain-Development Points Bar(BDP) or the Sentience Points Bar(SP) stay there for two stages. The Aware Stage and the Awakening Stage.

1 Like

why are you triple posting?
you can edit your messages to add things to them with the pen icon in the bottom right of your post

1 Like

sorry. I’ve changed it :slight_smile: thanks for your reminder

1 Like

Not really. Just the stage transitions is my plan.

Your revolutions sound like alternatives to the stages, which is not really planned to be scrapped at this point in development.

Please refer to the stage transitions laid out on our wiki:

I linked the first page with brain function being related to the stage transition point.

Thanks a lot that you showed me that the meaning of the stages are just on the wiki. I didn’t even know it before.
Maybe I need to read the pages through right now. :nerd_face:

will it be possible in our playthrough to make the sentience threshold extremely high?