What would you do with a DeathNote?

What do you mean heck out the strange figure?

Inspect it, attempt to communicate

Ah, ok, I’ll assume you do that first, so I’ll tell you the notebook results after. For now I’ll play the figure and you play as your character.

Interactive conversation mode activated

“Hello human”

“Who are you?”

filler

This text will be hidden

“I am the Shidigami” (god of death)" Olma. I am the owner of that DeathNote you hold now."

“Why was I choosen by you?”

“A dear friend of mine died to protect you. I have given you the DeathNote that was once his, it is only right that it should be yours.”

“When have they died? I don’t remember being in a dangerous situation for a long time.”

“You may have been oblivious to the danger, but he was not. It happened one month ago, they saved your life, and the cost was his.”

“What should I do with this DeathNote?”

my character in a completely different country than this conversation is in “why do i hear a conversation so faint that i can’t hear the words, my neighbors are not home yet and i am in a soundproof room”

I think your character is becoming crazy like mine

nah. they’ve always been crazy. after all they interact with Cthulhu on a regular basis and have since they were a child

“I am here to deliver it to you, what you do with it is none of my concern.”

“Well, that was an unexpected visit. Have a good night!”

“…”
Continues to just stand there in the corner.

my character notices they feel something not from this world watching them and says “Cthulhu what do you want”

Not how that works.

When does my character stop getting a mental breakdown and actually becomes capable of soing things?

When it is actually the hour of the day you get your DeathNote.