Which planet do you think is the best for colonization in the solar system

What the title says
(Extra characters)

Mars, its nearby and probably the easiest thing to colonize.

But why mars

its the closes to earth climate, and it has water, also its the closes with water we can colonize europa but mars is closer

But humans cant live on mars its gravity is to weak but venus is a better candidate it has earthlike gravity and to terraform it you use the bosch reation and while it turns into an earthlike planet in 280 years time people live in sky cities and venus is closer not mars

1 Like

But it has no water and u can live in zero-g but u wont be able to go to 1 g cuz u will be too weak .

No look what happened to the dude who spent a year in space he is now dieing and you can ship water to the sky cities from earth just because it doesnt have water as soon as you het there doesnt make it a lost cause

1 Like

The man is dying cuz he has become too weak for earth gravity and shipping water is too expensive and u can melt the ice on Mars for nothing, the goal is a self-sustained colony.

Wait, what?

Honestly, I think Terre is the best planet for colonization. It’s got a functioning magnetic field, an atmosphere of nitrogen and oxygen, and has a very active biosphere. Only problem is that there’s already a civilization with space technology. I believe they call themselves Homins? It’s also very close to Earth, less than 0.1 AU away.
Seriously speaking, I think colonization is beyond our current tech level. Any attempts at making an atmosphere will not only require an immense amounts of atmospheric gases, but will also quickly be stripped away by solar wind as other planets lack a magnetic field.
Besides, any interplanetary colonization would be a logistical nightmare, as not only will a self-sustaining habitable biosphere need to be established, no ships can return from a colony until a launchpad is constructed, which are known to be massive. Not even the colonization of the New World could compare, as the Western hemisphere is already habitable, and much closer to the colonial power.

6 Likes

Here’s a Venus video

4 Likes

lol I wanted to post that here as soon as I saw the topic

Me too(mate)

Enceladus, its under ground seas may support life!(an it has water, which is important)

So Venus solves the big problem of gravity, but there is neither water nor oxygen. Mars is further away, but you have better conditions for surviving.

you transport supplies

1 Like

One does not simply…

…transfer so many supplies to Venus. Even though you could start once every year (I think) you would need a huge ass rocket for that.

Per year!

2 Likes

They could make water and grow vegetables and fruits and make artificial meat

They only need to transport materials and equipment

you can a guess…

1 Like