Which planet do you think is the best for colonization in the solar system

(๐“๐ก๐ž ๐†๐จ๐ ๐„๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐’๐ž๐š๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐) #409

Thats a good point, but in this case, mars still has more oxygen then Venus. In a Venusian atmosphere, oxygen is so rare it cannot even be detected as a trace element. So the comparison is true.

(OrganismOverlord) #410

Plus, Venus is essentially a giant boiling pot of liquid death.

(He who abuses the search function) #411

Nothing personal to anyone here, but can we please add a rule to at least skim a thread before responding? This thread in particular is in a constant loop of discussion, followed by a โ€œwe donโ€™t know. Let the scientists figure it out.โ€-conclusion, after which someone brings something up thatโ€™s been said earlier, which jump-starts discussion starts again.

Iโ€™d rather have this discussion going on than having nothing else except #forum-games going on in latest topics.

(He who abuses the search function) #413

Well the thing is that we arenโ€™t getting anywhere. Weโ€™ve had the same conclusion multiple times already.

Wait no nevermind I just read through around 3/4 of the thread, and there has been almost no proper discussion at all, most of it is off-topic and/or, simply put, useless.

So discuss away everyone.

(Dyson Sphere Freak) #414

So vEnUS Is mUch BEttEr thAn Mars becAUsE GraViTY wHiCH i DidNt sAy BefORe fOR sUre

(Steve) #415

Necro time, this thread has over 400 posts so letโ€™s not let it die yet.
I found this video:

I think this was already posted but hereโ€™s this:

(๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ”ฅThe Lord Of Bored๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„) #416

Go Venus!!! Yay!!!

(OrganismOverlord) #417

Damn you, Steve. Damn you.

(๐“๐ก๐ž ๐†๐จ๐ ๐„๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐’๐ž๐š๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐) #418

Who knew Mars could be so awful, I shudder to think of how many things could go wrong on Venus however.

(Radical Revolutionary) #419

I guess you could say we are not REDIED for mars

(Steve) #420

Wait did Venus just win? I canโ€™t tell if the martians surrendered.

("Belgium isotope" "Achievement hunter" "King of badcalls" "File handler" "Github complainer") #421

We will be ready to colonize other planets when humanity will be unified as one nation (I hope this would be a true democratic nation such as Canada and other nordic countries).

EDIT :

When I was talking about nordic countries, this includes Canada, Sweden, Iceland and such. Thereโ€™s plenty of other democratic countries, but nordic countries remain as the most democratic ones. Thereโ€™s actually two democratic countries that arenโ€™t very democratic : France and USA (USA is the worst). Proof : What is happening in USA? President Trump is doing shit because heโ€™s doing anything he wants to do as heโ€™s firing everybody of the White House and trying to beat every freakin scores on government shutdown.

EDIT 2 :

Iโ€™m sad that nobody really gives a crap about unification. โ€˜โ€˜Itโ€™s just an utopia, [Subject name here]โ€™โ€™. Unification is not an utopia, itโ€™s just very complex to do, yet it is possible. It could start in the United Nations. I even wanted to get involved into politics, but Iโ€™m not much of a speaker, so I canโ€™t be a politician. What a shameโ€ฆ . If humanity isnโ€™t unified in the next 20 years, it will fall. If we donโ€™t save our own planet in the next 20 years, weโ€™ll die. If we donโ€™t do anything in the next 20 years, many intelligent species in the entire universe will thrive, but that wonโ€™t be us. We must do something !

(๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ”ฅThe Lord Of Bored๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„) #422

I hope it will be just like all the Scandinavian countryโ€™s. Theyโ€™re the best! Iโ€™m sad i donโ€™t live there.

(๐“๐ก๐ž ๐†๐จ๐ ๐„๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐จ๐ซ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐’๐ž๐š๐Ÿ๐จ๐จ๐) #423

Well, no, not exactly. One of the videos was posted before, and the other solves all of the questions it poses.
Hardly enough for me to give up on Mars (when considering the alternative). It still seems safer, and way more preferable.

(Steve) #424

I am against colonizing Mars however it still has its uses such as:

This video also shows reason to make a base on mercury, a planet I donโ€™t think has been talked about.

(๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ”ฅThe Lord Of Bored๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„๐ŸŽ„) #425

Thatโ€™s one of my favorite ideas to. Aah, Team Dyson!

("Belgium isotope" "Achievement hunter" "King of badcalls" "File handler" "Github complainer") #426

Each time I hear โ€œDyson sphereโ€ on this forum, Iโ€™m thinking about this :

But seriously, a dyson sphere cost too much ressources, we would rather terraform planets because it cost much less ressources than building a dyson sphere. And again, before doing so :

1. Humankind has to unified into only one democratic nation with only one language.
  2. Decontaminate and restore the Earth, thus requiring research on terraformation.

Then, we can expand the human republic across the Universe! Mwahahahahahaha!

Dyson sphere! HAHAHAHAHAHJSAHJKHAJHKJDAHSKJHKSJAHKJDSHA

P.S. : Oh crap, I thought I was on misc thread. Crapโ€ฆ . Sorry.

(Radical Revolutionary) #427

Why does it need to be democratic?

(He who abuses the search function) #428

Because unless you end up having with literally only benevolent, philantrope leaders that are 100% immune to corruption, other systems just donโ€™t work. Democracy isnโ€™t great, but itโ€™s still one of the only systems that isnโ€™t as corruption-prone.