Which planet do you think is the best for colonization in the solar system

Thats a good point, but in this case, mars still has more oxygen then Venus. In a Venusian atmosphere, oxygen is so rare it cannot even be detected as a trace element. So the comparison is true.

Plus, Venus is essentially a giant boiling pot of liquid death.

Nothing personal to anyone here, but can we please add a rule to at least skim a thread before responding? This thread in particular is in a constant loop of discussion, followed by a “we don’t know. Let the scientists figure it out.”-conclusion, after which someone brings something up that’s been said earlier, which jump-starts discussion starts again.

I’d rather have this discussion going on than having nothing else except #forum-games going on in latest topics.

1 Like

Well the thing is that we aren’t getting anywhere. We’ve had the same conclusion multiple times already.

Wait no nevermind I just read through around 3/4 of the thread, and there has been almost no proper discussion at all, most of it is off-topic and/or, simply put, useless.

So discuss away everyone.

So vEnUS Is mUch BEttEr thAn Mars becAUsE GraViTY wHiCH i DidNt sAy BefORe fOR sUre

1 Like

Necro time, this thread has over 400 posts so let’s not let it die yet.
I found this video:

I think this was already posted but here’s this:
1 Like

Go Venus!!! Yay!!!

Damn you, Steve. Damn you.

Who knew Mars could be so awful, I shudder to think of how many things could go wrong on Venus however.

I guess you could say we are not REDIED for mars

2 Likes

Wait did Venus just win? I can’t tell if the martians surrendered.

I hope it will be just like all the Scandinavian country’s. They’re the best! I’m sad i don’t live there.

Well, no, not exactly. One of the videos was posted before, and the other solves all of the questions it poses.
Hardly enough for me to give up on Mars (when considering the alternative). It still seems safer, and way more preferable.

1 Like

I am against colonizing Mars however it still has its uses such as:

This video also shows reason to make a base on mercury, a planet I don’t think has been talked about.
2 Likes

That’s one of my favorite ideas to. Aah, Team Dyson!

Each time I hear “Dyson sphere” on this forum, I’m thinking about this :

But seriously, a dyson sphere cost too much ressources, we would rather terraform planets because it cost much less ressources than building a dyson sphere. And again, before doing so :

1. Humankind has to unified into only one democratic nation with only one language.
  2. Decontaminate and restore the Earth, thus requiring research on terraformation.

Then, we can expand the human republic across the Universe! Mwahahahahahaha!

Dyson sphere! HAHAHAHAHAHJSAHJKHAJHKJDAHSKJHKSJAHKJDSHA

P.S. : Oh crap, I thought I was on misc thread. Crap… . Sorry.

Why does it need to be democratic?

Because unless you end up having with literally only benevolent, philantrope leaders that are 100% immune to corruption, other systems just don’t work. Democracy isn’t great, but it’s still one of the only systems that isn’t as corruption-prone.

2 Likes
You don’t want the world to be left with only extreme left wing (communism) and extreme right wing (fascism, nazi) political movement ruling the world because it ends up in dictature, which is bad and sad.