Apocalypse Simulator

Hey guys, since Thrive Odyssey activity has been slowing down recently, I figured it could be a good time to host another game. Don’t worry, I will keep managing the Thrive Odyssey, since this is a smaller game.

This game is based off of a post in the Forum Game Ideas thread, so I don’t take any credit for the concepts behind it.

The premise is that you all play as the leaders of the Centre, the final bastion remaining of society before it collapses to the various potential catastrophes, whether it’s an alien invasion, a nuclear warhead or a giant monster.

You all get a set amount of time points you can spend on various things, like building defenses or trying to escape. After that, a round is written up and you see how well you’ve done. I’m thinking after 5-6 players I can announce the disaster, the time points anointed for the round and the various costs of actions.

Good luck!

2 Likes

\fcolorbox{red}{green}{I guess i join the end of the world}

Time to see how the end of times will be, expand Kugelland influence over multiple dimensions, and maybe try to rebuild humanity. I’m joining!

I guess i join the end of the world

I wish to join because I want to make my people suffer because this is a really interesting game

i wanna join
i hope it doesnt die tho

I guess i’ll join, sounds fun.

Round 1

Theme: Giant Monster

A giant monster of unknown origins is making its way to the Centre! For what we could gather, it seems like a large arthropod of some sorts, although that’s all we can be sure of.

@Evolution4Weak

Universe 2fA33-1b

Time Anointed: 72 Hours

Possible Actions:

• Squad of Armed Soldiers (2 Hours) [Can use more than once]

• Squad of Tanks (5 Hours) [Can use more than once]

• Mount Walls with Regular Turrets (16 Hours)

• Mount Walls with Laser Turrets (20 Hours)

• Mount Walls with Flame Throwers (24 Hours)

• Build a Missile (30 Hours)

• Develop Powerful Toxin (48 Hours)

*Build Bunkers (56 Hours)

• Build an Escape Shuttle (65-85 Hours)*

• Build an IcBM (70-85 Hours)*

*: These are special actions whose success is determined via diceroll, hence the varying hours.

@Nover452

Universe 4wA89-01

Possible Actions:

*: These are special actions whose success is determined via diceroll, hence the varying hours.

@PositiveTower

Universe a2bB-H6

Possible Actions:

@MechanicalPumpkin

Universe jAq66-M2

Possible Actions:

@TeaKing

Universe tA7vc-Ki

Possible Actions:

@Svrangite

Universe zX26b-55

Possible Actions:

@OoferDoofer

Universe 11yE9-89

Possible Actions:

Every turn, you’ll get a different parallel universe where you’re all fighting a new threat, with randomised weapons and gear (you all get the same choices to remain fair) so no two playthroughs will be the same!

4 Likes

I will join yet another forum game

mount walls with flamethrowers, laser turrets, and regular turrets (and if I can I will throw in some tanks in there as well)

Oh, I guess I haven’t made it clear. Everything you do except starred actions are guaranteed success, so you just have to tell me everything you plan on doing in the same post.

3 Likes

Action: Build an Escape Shuttle

I~am~feeling~lucky

Will there be any sort of overall progression like does a success in one round changes anything to the next

Ok then, time to make an army

Make Tanks (4 times)
Make Soldiers (8 times)
Mount Walls with Regular and Laser Turrets

Also I still have the confused

Mount walls with regular turrets
Mount walls with laser turrets
Mount walls with flame throwers
Make 6 squads of soldiers

turret boi

This is more fast-paced, so every round is a new game.

3 Likes

Build a missile
Mount walls with flamethrowers
Make 4 squads of armed Soldiers
Make 2 Tank squads

five soldier squads
2 tank squads
mount walls with flame throwers
munt walls with regular turrets

I dont think weapons goes well againts godzilla
Build undeerground bunkers and hopes it just goes away

Round 1: Results

@Evolution4Weak

Universe 2fA33-1b

Actions: Escape Shuttle

Roll: 20/20 :C
65 + 20 = 85 Hours

Let’s see how well you’ve done:

Unfortunately, you didn’t have enough time to complete the shuttle before the giant arthropod arrived. It came in, destroyed your walls and left the Centre in ruins. Better luck next time.

Final Score

Since the entire city was devastated, you get a score of 1/10. Don’t worry though, you can get a better score next round!

@Nover452

Universe 4wA89-01

Actions: Tanks (x4), Soldiers (x8), Turrets, Laser Turrets

The giant monster arrived near the gates and was immediately assaulted by the multiple turrets. Vulnerable to heat, the creature was writhing in pain as it was bombarded by the lasers, but it powered through, destroying the turrets and advancing through the walls. Then, the army arrived, hurling everything they could at it. It was weakened by the turrets, but that wasn’t enough to stop it, and it decimated the army, leaving the people defenseless. Fortunately, it didn’t obliterate the entire city, as it died of exhaustion, but a vast majority of the Centre was left in ruins.

Final Score:

Part of the city survived, but a lot of people died. This gives you a survival score of 5/10. Not bad for a first try!

@PositiveTower

Universe a2bB-H6

Actions: Bunkers

Fearing that you may be of no match to the powerful creature, you decide to build multiple bunkers to wait out the disaster. When the arthropod came, it ravaged the city, leaving nothing behind it. While a few bunkers collapsed during the siege, lots of people survived, although the same couldn’t be said for the Centre.

Final Score:

While most people did the survive, the entire city was destroyed, leaving the people stranded and defenseless, doomed to die from the elements. This gives you a survival score of 4/10.

@MechanicalPumpkin

Universe jAq66-M2

Actions: Turret, Laser Turret, Flamethrower Turret, Tanks (x2)

After the final installations on the walls, the blood-curdling screech of the horrible beast could be heard in the distance, meaning it would soon reach the Centre. As soon as it arrived, it was being simultaneously charred, fried and pierced by the different turrets. It was significantly weakened, as fire was its major weakness. Parts of its carapace had even melted off, which were the areas pelted by the tanks as they brought down the lumbering bug.

Final Score:

The city was left untouched, besides some collateral damage ensued by the constant bombardments of the tanks and the impact of the giant when it fell, and most if not all citizens survived the attack, giving you a survival score of 10/10. Hooray, you got a good ending!

@TeaKing

Universe tA7vc-Ki

Actions: Soldiers (x5), Tanks (x2), Flamethrower Turret, Turret

It was time to face off against the arthropod. You positioned your troops strategically and installed multiple turrets to repel the beast and only had to wait for it to arrive. Once it did, its first contact was with the turrets. The Flamethrowers cooked the bug alive in its own shell, while the turrets were assaulting it with lead. However, it wasn’t enough, as the bug powered through and smashed through the walls, only to be greeted by tanks and soldiers. They did a good job weakening it further, but it still managed to get the best of them, and continued to ravage the city before collapsing and dying of its injuries.

Final Score:

A good portion of the Centre was left untouched by the bug, nut it still managed to inflict some major damage, giving you a survival score of 6/10.

@Svrangite

Universe zX26b-55

Actions: Missile, Flamethrower, Soldier (x4), Tank (x2)

The creature was definitely surprised when it was struck by the missile, but it made it very angry. Of course, after getting seared by the flamethrowers, it was definitely injured, due to fire being its weakness, but it only doubled down on its primal rage and went on a rampage, bent on destroying anything it would encounter. Fortunately, the soldiers and tanks managed to bring down the creature, but not before it caused quite a ruckus.

Final Score:

While the bug was a major threat and caused considerable damage, it was brought down quickly, giving you a survival score of 8/10.

@OoferDoofer

Universe 11yE9-89

Actions: Turrets, Laser Turrets, Flamethrowers, Soliders (x6)

The arthropod came in strong, determined to destroy the Centre for some inexplicable reason. However, it proved to be difficult to destroy a city when your simultaneously being barbecued, roasted and punctured by the multiple turrets. The giant, being vulnerable to fire, was quickly being cooked alive in its own shell, but still managed to get through the walls and into the main city. There, it faced the different armed soldiers, spitting seemingly unlimited amounts of lead at the creature, finally bringing it down after a gruesomely long time.

Final Score:

While it was brought down, soldiers weren’t very effective, so the creature had time to destroy some infrastructure, but nothing too major, giving you a survival score of 9/10.

Good job everyone! And congrats to MechanicalPumpkin for getting the optimal ending! I’ll type the new round theme later today.

6 Likes

Oh whoops, I forgot to type the round yesterday haha

Round 2

Theme: Nuclear War

Relations were always tense with the Overseers of the Redlands, but no one thought it would escalate to nuclear war! In just 24 hours, a nuclear warhead will hit the city!

Time Anointed: 24 Hours

Possible Actions:

• Missile (8 Hours) [Can use more than once]

• AA Guns (12 Hours)

• Signal Jammer (12 Hours)

• Bunker (16 Hours)

• Nuclear Missile (16 Hours)

• Space Shuttle (24 Hours)

@Evolution4Weak @Nover452 @MechanicalPumpkin @TeaKing @Svrangite @OoferDoofer

I decided to remove redundant things, like Universe numbers

3 Likes