Collaborative Writing Competition

Due to the massive popularity of the results on the poll I made on the joke competition

I decided to not wait two days and make this challenge right now.

The first and most important rule is to make a species(obviously)
The second rule is that you also include its habitat, it’s abilities, and a description of what it looks like and what role it has on its ecosystem.

Unlike making jokes I already have some experience with making species so I’ll be participating here as well.

You can make one species and there will be two weeks to wait until a poll will be conducted, lasting three days.

Oh and there’s a theme too: Ice animals

You can make anything that is suited for colder biomes, like a freezing lake, the ice caps, tundras, and more.

You don’t have to create alien animals btw you can make animals on earth.

Have fun

2 Likes
My species

Common name: White Lion
Scientific name: Panthera albeleo
Eating type: Carnivorous
Role in ecosystem: 5th rank consumer

Abilities
  • They can survive in a temperature of −50 °C.
  • Females are the general hunters. The male alpha will only fight if the group is getting attacked.
  • Males are able to reproduce 200 times in a single day.
  • Their claws can cut through flesh like butter. The wound from their claws can become infected within 1-2 hours.
General description

The white lion has the same appearance as an African lion with the exception of having a white fur or a pale blue fur if it is the alpha male. They live in regions similar to Siberia. Once summer arrives, their clan will find a hidden area such as a cave and hibernate until winter arrives.

1 Like

I was expecting an alien species but this is a nice surprise!
Well this is create a species challenge and not create an alien species challenge so yeah I should update the rules to say that you can create speculative earth animals too

Name: Ice Serpent
Scientific Name: Lupos Angis
Notes: Carnivorous, mate for life, survive in 70 below
pixil-frame-0 (15)
Ice serpents can grow to be 13 feet long, and move as fast as 20 mph. The Ice serpent lives in taigas (winter) and tundras(summer). They are the apex predator. Their main prey are the Purple Quazairs and tree-burrowing Zailids. The Ice serpent is going extinct due to their slow reproduction, and requirement for snow, which is melting due to the sentient species on their planet causing global warming.

1 Like

Planet: Crabbol

Solar System: Cancer

Location in the galaxy: outer tenebrarum arm

A description of Crabbol

Crabbol has a mostly oxygen rich atmosphere as well as a lot of carbon dioxide and nitrogen. There’s also a bit of hydrogen sulfide too.

Crabbol has a rather humid climate due to the generally hotter temperatures around its continents. However the ice caps are much colder than on Earth’s. Due to the humidity of the planet, swamps are quite common as well as rainforests. Rock formations facing upward and going diagonally are very common things in Crabbol, as they are found everywhere except for forests, jungles, and rainforests.

There are few mountain ranges but the mountains are quite large covering up to 25% of all of the landmass.

Forests made out of fungi are common as well.

In the ice caps there lies a unique type of rock formation called the winter rocks. They are giant, taller than the tallest mountain in the planet, and they seems to be shaped like a rib cage. Few species can fly up to the top of the winter rocks and survive.

image image

Illustrations of Crabbol

Species: Adustus Kurin

Scientific name: Frost Fliyus

Omnivorous

Habitat: Any cold place on Crabbol

Role in ecosystem: The second main predator of the ice caps

Abilities

Ice Breath - due to their colder habitat(s), they evolved a natural anti freeze: the ability to breathe ice. Breathing ice itself isn’t so useful in the ice caps of Crabbol, however it can be manifested into different things. For example you can use the ice breath to make icicle spears or ice shards come out of your mouth to injure prey or you can freeze someone’s leg so they can’t move.

Faster Healing - they have a faster healing cycle lasting up to three days to heal a medium wound, they also heal faster the colder their environment is.

Warm Blooded - they are warm blooded animals so they can control their body temperature.

Flight - They can fly because of their hollow bones and their four wings.

Altitude Resistance - because they are one of the few animals that can fly up to the top of the winter rocks without passing out and dying due to the lack of oxygen, they can fly very high. That is because they have developed a barely lack of need for oxygen so they’ll need few oxygen to survive. That grants them the ability to fly up high without making them dizzy or nauseous.

Subzero Survivability - they can survive in subzero temperatures.

Speed- they can go as fast as thirty five miles per hour in the air and twenty five miles per hour in the water.

Appearance

The Adustus Kurin is a large animal reaching up to lengths of ten feet, a height of six feet, and a wing span of thirty feet.

They are reptilian animals, so they have a lot of scales in their body.

They have sharp teeth at the front and flat teeth at the back of their jaws.

They have four wings, a large, thin tail, and a line of spikes from their neck to the tip of their tail.

Biological Description

The Adustus Kurin reproduces sexually. They lay eggs, and nest them typically on a hollow spot on top of the winter rocks.

Although mainly carnivores, they can eat plants as well. They usually travel around the planet but stay in the colder places. They are the second apex predator in their ecosystem, with the frost walker being the first. The Kurin and the Frost Walker seem to have a rivalry with each other due to them having mainly the same food source.

In the water, they move much like dolphins,

The Adustus Kurin is shown to be rather intelligent, slowly reaching spaience as the years go on.

1 Like

I spent far too much time working on that. :laughing:

Beware of my super interesting bacterium !

My specie

My specie is a bacterium inspired by real bacterium species. The planet where it lives is Earth-like.

Habitat

My bacterium is a nomad cell that lives in water and clouds. In a windy environment, it gets trapped in micro-droplets and is transported in the clouds. When it rains/snows, the bacterium falls on the ground and continues to follow the water cycle.

Abilities

• It synthesizes pigments to resist solar radiations when in high atmosphere.
  • It performs photosynthesis when there are in the clouds with a very high efficient due to the thinner atmosphere.
  • When the conditions are not favorable or the cloud can’t sustain the population, it produces proteins that freeze clouds and initiate snowing. It stays in sleep mode until the snow melts.
  • When not in the clouds, it becomes an amoeboid cell that eats other bacteria living in water.

Role in the ecosystem

• It influences the climate to make it colder and is vital to other species that depends on cold temperature.
  • In amoeboid form, it regulates the population of other organisms.
  • It feeds specialized filtering organisms such as fishes that have evolved along these bacteria. In clouds, no predator has been identified.
3 Likes

I’m actually quite interested in the real-life inspiration. Do you have its name? I would like read more on it.

1 Like

i don’t have its name but you should check that

2 Likes

So uh

I’m gonna bump this thread so I remind you that this still exist

So… create more species
You have more than a week of time to complete them!

Edit: edit so this thread won’t be forgotten
You have about a week to complete your species

1 Like

We can only make one species right?

1 Like

Yeah you can make only one species
So I’m just waiting for more competitors

i haven’t finished my species (well i have but i need to rewrite it for it to not need previous knowledge to understand), so how much time do we have left?

1 Like

About a week left
If it takes you this long I’m sure your species will be great

Not really, just procrastinated, at most it’ll be as good as the Kao’as in the XenoBiology Center of Terra™

This is it @MechanicalPumpkin

the bad animal

Name: Naiya

Scientific Name: Parvus frigus

Habitat: Northern Tundra of Midas-735

The Naiya is a species of the genus Parvus, and are a sibling species to the Kao’as. They live in the Tundra, and their diet is based mostly in starchy foods and multiple fruits, though meat is also sometimes eaten.

In average, the Naiya live in groups of 20 to 100 individuals, as this helps them to protect themselves. The Naiya has a very rigid social hierarchy, where it’s almost impossible to change your status.

A Naiya’s size is normally around 70 and 120 centimeters, though some reports say that there have been MegaNaiyas, of sizes as big as 4 meters.

Depending on the strength of the individual, a Naiya has it’s position in the hierarchy, but sometimes Naiyas that are useful to the leader are put into higher ranks, ignoring their strenght.

The Naiyas are covered in white, thick fur, and their bodies are fat rich. Their heads are as big as a quarter of their body, and their craniums are very thick.

A common trait in this species is that they have a thin shell in their backs, which is used to carry the young and to protect themselves. They normally live for 20 years, and reach maturity at 8 years old, their gestation periot takes a year, but normally they reproduce every two years. The shell generates when they’re 5 months old, so before that time the Naiyas are vulnerable, and are protected by the other members of their group.

We know that the Naiyas have made stone age tools, and we believe that they’re used to protect themselves from predators.

Many people have said that they’ve heard a Naiya talk, though this is still not confirmed.

1 Like

Thanks Nover for reviving this competition! :smile:

how much time is left @MechanicalPumpkin?

There is 3 days left

2 Likes

Yep there are three days left
Can’t wait until the poll!

3 Likes

So the poll will be made tomorrow?

1 Like