Endless Expanse 2.0

I thought you abandoned this, and hadn’t TheForumGameMaster joined? Well anyway, I guess I will get much larger, evolve a nucleus-like structure, and with that plasmid that has disadvantage, I’ll try to evolve pheromones to allow my cells to warn each other of cells that will try to eat me.

i didn’t it was just too much schoolwork for me to run it for a while

yes but @TheForumGameMaster didn’t reply with a sheet that can self replicate or even store information that can be replicated so their organism does not exist since there would only be one and it would not be able to reproduce

that would cost more energy than you make right now to upkeep and unless you get a replicase that uses specific sequences to break an RNA molecule off that will greatly decrease your surface area usable for photovoltaics,

those are kinda useless without having chemoreceptors since you need chemoreceptors to sense chemicals but if you get a six that might come with the pheremones

For the nucleus not having enough energy, thats why I’m trying to get larger, I guess if I fail to get larger this would get canceled out though, and for the pheromones, a cell has basic chemoreception without chemorecepters, so if the pheromones got shot out with some velocity, it would still have enough range to not be useless,

most cells do have basic chemoreception but those are all cells that have been evolving for billions of years and these cells have been evolving for one round so far and i doubt that a lipid membrane containing only what it needs to to stay together and grow between its layers and RNA in its water pocket(what we all started out as in this game) would have any chemoreception given that it doesn’t need it to replicate and you haven’t evolved chemoreception yet

keep in mind that eukaryotes evolved after they gained endosymbiotes so a nucleus is going to require that you get another set of membrane genes like in real life either through endosymbiosis or through absorbing it from something that has them or you can evolve a vacuole and shove your ISM(Information Storage Medium) in it and you need to be large enough that you would be at the very least be thought to be an Archean if found on earth or you would just be making a new membrane under your current one which i should keep track of with a size stat with everyone with a membrane starting at 40nm and anyone without one starting way smaller than that

1 Like

I’ll get chemoreception instead of a nucleus.

k, now i only need @Cha, @TheForumGameMaster, @fralegend015 or a new player to respond to submit a new round

More plasmids
Iron-oxidizing but using Cl2/ Cl- instead of O2
inform me If I missed anything I just got notified plus doing stuff rn

just so everyone knows the minimum vacuole size is 40 nm and the minimum size you can be to have one is 60 nm,

these are my mutations

• increase size

• make RNA metabolosomes proteins to increase efficiency

69th post in this thread

@Nonametoseehere

attempted mutations: chemoreceptors, pheremones

Result

5, 1, 3
base element: Silicon
common name: Living Solar Cells
scientific name: Kryto Namenaldi
existing traits: Silicon/boron/phosphorous based photosynthesis, RNA replicase with an RNA flagella bound to its back end, plasmid that likes accepting random bits of RNA (+1 MP but it has disadvantage), silicophospholipid proto-membrane, electric silicophospholipid production, chemoreceptors that can detect lipids and RNA of any kind as well as the pheromones they produce, due to lack of any predators the pheremones are released in light to attract more Kryto Namenaldi

respiration methods:
description: an extremely small photoelectric organism that is still the largest organism of its time by 1.82 nanometers and can produce chemicals that attract other Kryto Namenaldi specimens
current habitat(s):pentane shallows
Stats: size: 42nm, speed: 38nm\s, stealth: 0, oxygen resistance: -50, population: 250, fecundity: ~1/pop, energy gen: 6, energy usage: 2

@Cha

attempted mutations: more plasmids, iron chlorinating rusticyanin

Result

3, 6
base element: Carbon
common name: Common vent protobacteria
scientific name: Primium Thrivium
existing traits: RNA duplicase, monolayer bilipid membrane, sulfide metabolism that produces a lot of Cl+, hgt, plasmid, extra plasmids that are unconnected to any replicase due to a manufacturing error and thus are only useful for HGT or taking copies of your traits from at the moment, iron chlorinating rusticyanin that protect the RNA from chlorination and work fast enough to only have their energy production limited by the Cl+/Cl2 concentration
respiration methods: H+, iron chlorination, sulfide reduction into sodium sulfide
description: a critically endangered species of sulfur and iron eating autotrophs that has several single stranded RNA plasmids that seemingly serve no purpose other than allowing them to exchange genes with eachother and, occasionally, to protobionts which means they now have another mode of reproduction that may be specialized for
current habitat(s): Hydrothermal vents
Stats: size: 40nm, speed: 0nm/s, stealth: 0, oxygen resistance: 0, population 20, fecundity: ~1/pop, energy gen: 4, energy usage: 1

@willow

attempted mutations: increase size, turn RNA metabolosomes into proteins

Result

1, 6
base element: carbon
common name: proto-Archean
scientific name: Primium dichirus
existing traits: RNA duplicase, monolayer bilipid membrane, RNA enhanced metabolosomes, plasmid, ribozyme, chirality reversing RNA replicase,
respiration methods: sulfuric/aerobic glucose reduction
description: a very simple prokaryote that can chop parts of its RNA off while replicating them as well as make proteins, one of which it uses to stop damage from sulfur and oxygen as well as make energy that it can use
current habitat(s): abyssal vents
Stats: size: 40.8nm, speed: 0, stealth: 0, oxygen resistance: 0, population: 245, fecundity: ~1/pop, energy generation: 6, energy usage: 3

[color=]base element:[/color]
[color=red]common name:[/color]
[color=orange]scientific name:[/color]
[color=yellow]existing traits:[/color]
[color=green]respiration methods:[/color]
[color=#87CEEB]mutations:[/color]
[color=#D8BFD8]description:[/color]
[color=red]current habitat(s):[/color]
[color=]Stats: size, speed, stealth, oxygen resistance, population, fecundity[/color]

AI species: none so far
patches:

STARTING ROCK

type: moon
orbiting: gas giant that is almost a star
starting atmosphere: 90% nitrogen, 0% CO2 0% O2 5% argon 5% SiH2
starting patches:
the core:
void(you must be able to break bedrock to get here),
near mantle:
superheated magma:
brimstone caves:
abyssopelagic:
abyssal ocean
abyssal seafloor
abyssal hydrothermal vents: primium dichirus
abyssopelagic caverns
bathypelagic:
bathypelagic ocean
bathypelagic seafloor
bathypelagic vents: primium thrivium
bathypelagic caverns
mesopelagic:
mesopelagic ocean
mesopelagic seafloor
mesopelagic vents
mesopelagic caverns
epipelagic:
epipelagic oceans
epipelagic seafloor
epipelagic vents
epipelagic caverns
great lakes:
unnamed great pentane lake: Kryto Namenaldi
ponds
estuaries
coastal
surface:
desert
beach
cave
mountain
glacier
north pole
south pole
floating sea rock
island
plateau
ravine
etc.
skies: low atmosphere, high atmosphere
space: low lunar orbit, medium lunar orbit, high lunar orbit, the rest of the solar system

NEIGBORING ROCK

characteristics: always near your starting rock but not orbiting it, deep red oceans made of ammonia, high pressure atmosphere with no oxygen, lots of volcanic activity, more will be revealed with technological advancements through technological or biological evolution.

Attempted mutations: Increase fecundity to make up for the rare encounters between them and using unused plasmid RNA as to infect other cells to produce more of common vent protobacteria and not invest energy from them self (Inform me if there is something wrong)

well you will need either increased membrane generation or increased cell size for increased fecundity which for both you will need some form of lipid generator, you could use up a plasmid for 1 MP at the cost of less population gain for the round,

your species already does that due to having the ability to perform HGT but no way to know what the genes are getting transferred to so it would be better to specialize a bit for that than to just try to evolve it when you already have it

1 Like

Mutations:
“Wire” structures on the edge of my cell, letting them transfer energy to dying ones.
More size.
With the plasmid, even more size.

And I’ll leave the lake nameless, because it only makes sense.

i’m gonna implement an energy gen stat since i forgot to yesterday and since you have photoelectric plasmids each one will give you energy but not as much as having copies of your RNA lining some membranes or filling your cell

I know im a bit late for it but could i still join this game?

Yep, just tell me what species you want to split from and what mutations you want

I split from Primium dichirus and my mutations are:

• RNA proteins that can split double stranded RNA into two single stranded RNA fused with RNA replicase on both strands
  • flagella

Alright then

Mutations:
RNA replicase towards the plasmids

Improve the Sulfide metabolism

The updated mutations instead of the other one

the membrane actually isn’t going to use any energy until you start using it to actively keep things in or out since lipids filter things with just their geometry and stick together on their own, if you want something that generates energy with the movement of molecules through the membrane though, that could work

• more RNA replicase
  • hydrogen sulfide chemorespiration

I take that thank you, im not super expirienced in biology so i apprciate the help

ROUND 2: editor results

@Nonametoseehere

Attempted mutations: wires to help energy deficient kryto namenaldi, more size, even more size(disadvantage)

Results

6, 3, 4
base element: silicon
common name: Living Solar Cells
scientific name: Kryto Namenaldi
existing traits: photoelectric RNA, RNA replicase with an RNA flagella bound to its back end, plasmid that likes accepting random bits of RNA (+1 MP but it has disadvantage), silicophospholipid proto-membrane, electric silicophospholipid production, chemoreceptors that can detect lipids and RNA of any kind as well as the pheromones they produce(+1 to finding and absorbing specific types of RNA), pheremones that are released in light to attract more Kryto Namenaldi, membrane bound silicon nanowires to keep the wheel from stopping in energy deficient kryto namenaldi
respiration methods:
description: a silicon based photoelectric prokaryote that can give energy to other members of its species via extremely thin silicon nanowires inside its membrane as well as attract other kryto namenaldi to increase energy generation and make microscopic mats of unbound living solar cells that all share energy and move with the light to a certain extent
current habitat(s): pentane shallows
STATS: size: 48nm, speed: 37.2nm\s, stealth: 0, oxygen resistance: -50, population: 495, fecundity: ~1/pop, energy gen: 6, average energy usage: 3.5

@Cha

Attempted mutations: RNA replicase on the plasmids, better sulfide metabolism

Results

common name: rare vent protobacteria
scientific name: Primium thrivium
existing traits: RNA duplicase, monolayer bilipid membrane, extremely effective sulfide metabolism that produces a lot of Cl+, hgt, 6 independently replicated plasmids, iron chlorinating rusticyanin that protect the RNA from chlorination and work fast enough to only have their energy production limited by the Cl+/Cl2 concentration
respiration methods: H+, sodium sulfide production, iron chlorination
description: a critically endangered species of sulfur respirating and iron chlorinating prokaryote that can reproduce by transferring its plasmids to protocells and micelles as well as by performing mitosis meaning that it is able to come back from extinction as long as a single plasmid remains but the plasmids do not replicate in the absence of usable energy
current habitat(s): bathypelagic vents
Stats: size: 40nm, speed: 0nm/s, stealth: 0, oxygen resistance: 0, population 50, fecundity: ~3/pop, energy gen: 12, energy usage: 6

@willow

Attempted mutations: RNA replicase plasmid, hydrogen sulfide chemorespiration

Results

4, 4
common name: proto archaean
scientific name: primium κλειστόθείοκύκλος
existing traits: RNA duplicase, monolayer bilipid membrane, RNA enhanced metabolosomes, plasmid, ribozyme, chirality reversing RNA replicase, independently replicated RNA replicase to ensure a damaged one doesn’t end the entire lineage of any primium κλειστόθείοκύκλος specimen if it gets damaged at the wrong time, hydrogen sulfide reducing proteins to create a closed sulfur cycle that produces energy as long as there is glucose
respiration methods: H2S reduction, facultative sulfuric/aerobic respiration
description: a prokaryote that uses proteins that make energy from H2S and RNA proteins that make energy from anything with the same valence shell as oxygen to create a contained sulfur cycle which it uses to power itself with the only input needed when not growing being glucose
current habitat(s): abyssopelagic vents
Stats:40.8nm, speed: 0, stealth: 0, oxygen resistance: 10, population: 245, fecundity: ~1/pop, energy generation: 10, energy usage: 4

@Chiori

attempted mutations: RNA proteins that can split double stranded RNA into two single stranded RNA fused with RNA replicase on both strands, flagella

Results

1, 5
common name:
scientific name: primium flagellus
existing traits: RNA duplicase, monolayer bilipid membrane, RNA enhanced metabolosomes, plasmid, ribozyme, chirality reversing RNA replicase, proteins that chop up any and all foreign RNA, flagellum that uses very little energy
respiration methods: facultative sulfuric/aerobic respiration
description: a prokaryote that uses metabolosomes that don’t care what they use to break down glucose as long as it has the same valence shell as oxygen to power its flagellum and viral defense mechanism
current habitat(s): abyssopelagic vents
Stats: 40.8nm, speed: 20.4nm/s, stealth: 0, oxygen resistance: 10, population: 245, fecundity: ~1/pop, energy generation: 6, energy usage: 4

[color=]base element:[/color]
[color=red]common name:[/color]
[color=orange]scientific name:[/color]
[color=yellow]existing traits:[/color]
[color=green]respiration methods:[/color]
[color=#D8BFD8]description:[/color]
[color=red]current habitat(s):[/color]
[color=]Stats: size, speed, stealth, oxygen resistance, population, fecundity, energy gen, energy usage[/color]

now submit your two actions for the round(the last round was supposed to be an action round but since i forgot to say that it’s this one)
AI species:

patches:

STARTING ROCK

starting atmosphere: 90% nitrogen, 0% CO2 0% O2 5% argon 5% SiH2
starting patches:
the core:
void(you must be able to break bedrock to get here),
near mantle:
superheated magma:
brimstone caves:
abyssopelagic:
abyssal ocean
abyssal seafloor
abyssal hydrothermal vents: primium dichirus, primium flagellus
abyssopelagic caverns
bathypelagic:
bathypelagic ocean
bathypelagic seafloor
bathypelagic vents: primium thrivium
bathypelagic caverns
mesopelagic:
mesopelagic ocean
mesopelagic seafloor
mesopelagic vents
mesopelagic caverns
epipelagic:
epipelagic oceans
epipelagic seafloor
epipelagic vents
epipelagic caverns
great lakes:
unnamed great pentane lake: Kryto Namenaldi
ponds
estuaries
coastal
surface:
desert
beach
cave
mountain
glacier
north pole
south pole
floating sea rock
island
plateau
ravine
etc.
skies: low atmosphere, high atmosphere
space: low lunar orbit, medium lunar orbit, high lunar orbit,

NEIGBORING ROCK

characteristics: always near your starting rock but not orbiting it, deep red oceans made of ammonia, high pressure atmosphere with no oxygen, lots of volcanic activity, the oceans seem to be getting darker, more will be revealed with optical advancements through technological or biological evolution.

1 Like