Floatin’ - A Community Speculative Evolution Game

I want to make something that looks like it’s from a horror movie but I can’t find anything that could reasonably get there.

use the viperfish it already fits the description

Any of the insectoids, as well as viperfish and vampire bats could work depending on what you want to do. The blue ringed octopus could work if you want something with tentacles.

1 Like

can i make a bacterium not based on any of the animals here or do i have to make it based off of an animal or plant

1 Like

Ancestor: ViperFish

Name: HorrorWhisps

Evolutions: Became larger and developed 4 small claw limbs around mouth that grab prey and pull them in. Developed a small bioluminescent spot on their face and lures prey in.

Environment: Flooded asteroid caves

Diet: Fish Meat

2 Likes

Ancestor: Blue ringed octopus

Name: Ravenous Blobs

Adaptations: bigger, can survive outside water, more of an amorphous blob with tentacles and one beak thrown in. Can adapt their bodies to match their surroundings

Diet: Meat

Has to be based off of life here - point of this game is the seed organism, so no alternate life forms. If you want something specific, try to get as close as you can with the available creatures

1 Like

ok, what would a good organism for that be

What did the Horrorwisp arms developed from Centarian? The fins? If so, how does it move?

The octopi is also highly venomous, so that’s good for eldritch-esque thing. However, if it can move out of water and holds water to survive then it would likely have to be more rigid, not less. Amorphous could work if it was still in water

I like the ideas but want to keep semi-realism

1 Like

I was thinking because of the 0g the body would no longer have the need to be ridged, the reason octopi had to live in water was because the Earth’s gravity would kill them.

As for the arms, the bony spines migrate and make a joint, think that giant creature from Subnautica.

1 Like

That’s true enough, though they would largely be confined to things they can reach just through walking, which could be cool if they were like super dangerous predators

Also, they might still need some rigidity to store the water, though there are alternate ways of doing that.

As to the spines; interesting concept, though that might require several stages of evolution, or at least the range of motion is extremely limited at the moment, confined more to directly above it (As the spines would still need to adapt to move downwards fully and become fully jointed, as well as muscle development

1 Like

ancestor: copepod
name: browntail
mutations: unicellular due to the genes for binding proteins getting too messed up to make what they are supposed to, melanin encased nucleus, has chloroplasts due to their diet and failing to digest a chloroplast, digests cellulose externally via shooting cellulase at it with a modified contractile vacuole that has a tube leading out of the cell
diet: ball moss cell internals and walls
description: a unicellular organism resulting from the genes for binding proteins getting so messed up it is read as a flagellum with a brown pigment
habitat: inside ballmoss cells

ancestor: browntail
name: melanoplastic browntail
mutations: some chloroplasts now have melanin instead of chlorophyll in their thylakoids, nuclear envelope now has an organelle that acts as a light shield around it to protect against harmful mutations.
diet: same as regular browntail
description: a species of browntail that has a photosynthetic organelle around it’s nucleus called a melanochloroplast which is like a chloroplast but it absorbs all wavelengths absorbed by chlorophyll A chlorophyll B carotenoids and melanin, this organelle is used to protect against harmful mutations and there are now melanoplasts due to a bit DNA from a dead browntail getting incorporated into the plasmids of a chloroplast in place of the genes for chlorophyll
habitat: inside ballmoss, ballmoss cells, ballmoss water balls
@TwilightWings21 the manta aeropod is evolved from the air isopod not the aeropod

Yup I’ll fix it

Umm - okay so you do realize that copepods are fairly complex, but small arthropods right? They won’t just randomly revert back into being unicellular.

Edit: Sheets updated, currently excluding the brown tail lineage

1 Like

ok, could i instead do this
(ancestor: copepod
name: micropod
adaptations: for males after mating and for females after their eggs hatch nuclei are dumped after making plasmids containing the necessary DNA to repair cells and make proteins and ribosomes,
diet(s): Pre nucleus dump: aquatic plants. post nucleus dump: internals of any cell it can rip open
description: a species of copepod that after serving their evolutionary purpose will shit out all their nuclei after making plasmids containing only the necessary information to repair their cells, make necessary proteins, make ribosomes and make new neighboring cells of the same type as them if one of their neighbor cells dies decreasing their size by 500x down to 2µm allowing them to eat most cells by ripping them open and eating their internals.
habitat: any water with life.
)and eventually make it an organelle

What’s the advantage of dumping the nuclei? I’m not sure I understand.

Also Copepods are already planktonic so even smaller is a curious choice, but not unrealistic

1 Like

to be even smaller and require less nutrients

Also; without the nucleus there is no protein production, and so the micropods would be unable to eat anything, and so would starve to death soon after adulthood

i said they produce plasmids but i will modify what it says they contain so it works better
edit: i have fixed the plasmids

ancestor: micropod
name: viral micropod
adaptations: reproduction is now possible for these copepods via plasmid replication and ejection as well as cells that ungulf the plasmids and put the plasmids together to make viral envelopes around them and release them, stronger feeding appendages so they can rip open more types of cells, interconnecting intracellular tubes for viral envelopes to get to the gonad cells from every cell, skin cells don’t lose water in air
diet: any cells they can rip open to go inside of
description: a species of micropod that can still reproduce after they have dumped their nuclei due to acquiring the genes to make a viral envelope causing their cells to replicate their plasmids even when all neighbor cells are alive and then produce a small viral envelope around the new plasmid (each cell type has a specific indicator protein to prevent one reproductive envelope with multiple copies of the same plasmid) to send it to the gonads where each gonad cell processes all the plasmids it gets into one viral envelope called a reproductive envelope that is then excreted after which it makes new chemoreceptors for the viral envelopes for plasmid transportation. they can also rip open any type of cell other than their own species’ cells and some diatom cells
habitat: everywhere except for where the pressure is too high meaning only the nightmare fuel fish are safe

ancestor: polar bear
name: claw bear
adaptations: longer claws, opposable thumbs to allow grabbing the asteroids, stronger grabbing muscles, water storage organ, able to jump to evade rockworms
diet: every animal it can find
description: an apex predator in the far reaches of the habitable asteroid belt that can store water in a specialized vacuole like organ to allow eating more meat instead of just fat
habitat: icy areas of the asteroid belt
@TwilightWings21 is this asteroid belt a system spanning disc solar system or just a torus

I wonder if biomes designed in the forum games can be added to the game, like a “thrive galactic adventures”

if it isn’t base game (ex: this one) there will be mods for it
@TwilightWings21 can i make something that uses magic or is it just to allow this place to exist

ancestor: viral micropod
name: photoplastic viropod
adaptations: feeding limbs have cells that produce and excrete lipids in front of them to repair cells and hide from leukocytes, useful compounds from cells can permeate the organism, primitive poison glands on feeding limbs, chlorophyll and RuBisCO in all cells with melanin.
diet: chloroplasts, mitochondria
description: a species of copepod that can spend it’s whole life smaller than one animal cell if it resulted from the viral reproduction method and no longer have mitochondria as they would have to be so small tat they would fit inside a phospholipid bilayer(the mitochondria) and instead just have their metabolosomes and they fix carbon as well via photosynthesis
habitat: inside cells
edit: fixed the problem with the name(there wasn’t a name)