Floatin’ - A Community Speculative Evolution Game

Are you aware of what the pit viper hawk moth looks like? Making it longer could be interesting, but opening the snakes mouth wouldn’t work due to the appearance of the mouth being entirely based off of patterning.

Also, would there be any change to the adult version?

Also, the ‘eyes’ of the snake are on the caterpillars underbelly, so it would not be a simple feat to move its actual eyes, which don’t much look like a snakes, over there.

(Just trying to make realistic criticisms. Love the idea!)

1 Like

i fixed all of the things that are nearly impossible in the average time it take for something to evolve

1 Like

Reposts because they are decently far up in the thread;

Great Horned Owls

1. Great Cathunter Owls
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Cypress Trees

1. Needlebridge
  2. Black-leafed Stickbridge
  3. Shadeleaf Logbridge
  4. ???
  5. ???

Hammerhead Sharks

1. Ingothead Shark
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Red-Eyed Tree Frogs

1. Red Eyed Dart Frogs
  2. Razorgrazers
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Blue Ringed Octopi

1. Eel-tentacled Octopus
  2. Magna Octopus
  3. Ravenous Blobs
  4. ???
  5. ???

Isopods

1. Bark Isopods
  2. Air Isopods
  3. Cypress Terminator Isopods
  4. Manta Aeropod
  5. ???

Moss

1. Rootmoss
  2. Worm Moss
  3. Hemophilic Rootmoss
  4. Ball Moss
  5. ???

Hoatzins

1. Hoatzmonkey
  2. Needle-eater
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Flamingoes

1. Pole Legs
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Parasaurolophus

1. Microrolophus
  2. Wobblecrest
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

‘Pit Viper’ Hawks Moth

1. Pit Viper Mimic
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Crows

1. Sincrows
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Blobfish

1. Skinfish
  2. Crustfish
  3. Shieldfish
  4. ???
  5. ???

Ephedra Shrubs

1. Ephedra Grass
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Viperfish

1. Horrorwisps
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Eastern Brown Snakes

1. Finned Brown Snake
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Red-tailed Hawks

1. Glowtail Hawks
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Polar Bears

1. Claw Bears
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Sandworms (prehistoric ones)

1. Rockworms
  2. Giant Rockworm
  3. Titan Eels
  4. Cave Diggers
  5. Soil Makers

Junipers

1. Worm Juniper
  2. Nectar Juniper
  3. Vampiric Juniper
  4. Bloodcleaner Juniper
  5. ???

European Rabbits

1. Membranous Rabbit
  2. Filtering Rabbits
  3. Rockworm Rabbits
  4. ???
  5. ???

Vinegaroons

1. Neoteneous Vinegaroons
  2. Whiptail
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Florida Scrub Jays

1. Luminescent Scrub Jays
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Servals

1. Island Runner
  2. ???
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Vampire Bats

1. Sky Leeches
  2. Nectar Bats
  3. Manta Bats
  4. ???
  5. ???

Blue-Tounged Skinks

1. Flathead Skink
  2. Sticky-tongued Skinks
  3. ???
  4. ???
  5. ???

Fishing Cats

1. Snatching Cats
  2. Swimming Cats
  3. Jumping Cats
  4. Leaping Cats
  5. Gliding Cats

Sea Grasses

1. Sea Asteroid Grass
  2. Clump Grass
  3. Large Clump Grass
  4. ???
  5. ???

Diatoms

1. Aerodiatoms
  2. Kystalians
  3. Electrokystalians
  4. Aerospears
  5. Stone Cells

Copepods

1. Aero Copepods
  2. Worm Endopod
  3. Micropod
  4. Viral Micropod
  5. Photoplasmic Micropod

I’ll update this list as more creatures are made. This displays the available slots for creatures.

Y’know what here is a ‘what’s left’ section so that people know exactly how many of what are left to be evolved before next extinction

4 Great-Horned Owls
2 Cypress Trees
4 Hammerhead Sharks
3 Red-eyed Tree Frogs
2 Blue Ringed Octopi
1 Isopods
1 Moss
3 Hoatzins
4 Flamingoes
3 Parasaurolophuses
4 ‘Pit Viper’ Hawks Moth
4 Crows
2 Blobfish
4 Ephedra Shrubs
4 Viperfish
4 Eastern Brown Snakes
4 Red-tailed Hawks
4 Polar Bears
1 Juniper
2 European Rabbits
3 Vinegaroons
4 Florida Scrub Jays
4 Servals
2 Vampire Bats
3 Blue-tongued skinks
2 Sea Grasses

I will update this as time goes in as well. Any Seed organisms not mentioned have met their evolution limit before the next extinction event.

1 Like

you missed the ingothead shark

1 Like

I just missed your edit, if you edit a comment with a new creature please just ping me. Easier to make sure I see that way and I don’t mind the ping.

1 Like

ancestor: hoatzin
name: needle-eater
adaptations: able to eat non swamp plants
diet: needlebridge needles & leaves, cypress terminator isopods, bark isopods.
description: a species of hoatzin that stopped only eating rotten swamp plants because of a lack of swamps and instead eats the needles and leaves of the needlebridge trees as well as insects that eat the trees to increase stomach cellulase
habitat: needlebridge systems.

ancestor: parasaurolophus
name: wobblecrest
adaptations: crest is a bit wobblier in some spots, crest is more flexible in those spots,
diet: leaves, twigs, and needlebridge roots
description: a species of parasaurolophus that has a slightly wobbly crest and some muscles in it to keep it from throwing off their center of mass with just a gust of wind
habitat: bridge islands

ancestor: vinegaroon
name: whiptail
adaptations: thicker tail, faster tail, longer tail, clawed legs, better vision.
diet: insects
description: a species of vinegaroon that has a tail with fast-twitch muscles in it’s tail to move it fast enough to cause pain and leave red marks on unguarded skin as well as small claws on each leg to stay on the ground and better vision to sense distant targets better
habitat: tree bridge island systems

ancestor: wobblecrest
name: bendycrest
adaptations: crest is even more flexible in the bendy spots, bones in those spots are more cartilaginous, harder beak, teeth are wider and more durable, more complex crest muscles.
diet: leaves, twigs, needlebridge roots, stickbridge roots
description: a species of wobblecrest that has a more flexible less breakable crest than it’s predecessors and muscles that allow it to keep the crest in the right position to prevent a misplaced center of mass as well as use it as the most rudimentary of manipulators
habitat: needlebridge/stickbridge systems

ancestor: sea grass
name: macrocellular sea grass
mutations: gene necessary for cell division corrupted resulting one cell connected by holes in the cell walls, photoplastic viropods as organelles that move shit between cells, the viropods have started not dividing their cells due to them being so small, mitochondria DNA is now completely backed up in nucleus,
diet: the SUN, water, sediment
description: a unicellular macroscopic species of sea grass that has a species of photoplastic viropods with only one cell per limb/organ as organelles as well as the necessary DNA to make a fully operational mitochondrion backed up in the nuclei because of a viropod envelope getting a mitochondrial plasmid and infecting an egg cell at just the right angle for the DNA to get incorporated into the nucleus. the viropods are now only 15-23 cells to decrease osmoregulation costs and increase space for non membrane-bound organelles and make space for more intracellular processes as well as move easier and move shit easier as their purpose is to move organelles that have their own DNA that the nuclei don’t have
habitat: same as regular sea grass

species template because there is too much scrolling to get to the last one
ancestor:
name:
adaptations:
diet:
description:
habitat:

1 Like

ancestor: luminescent scrub jay
name: star jay
adaptations: stronger luminescence, unicellular viropod organelles, viropods became demon mitochondria, spine has reflective cells lining the inside, stronger beak
diet: insects, frogs, bird eggs, young worms(sand, cavedigger, rock), juniper seeds
description: a bird whose glow rivals a star in the night sky due to it’s micropodial organelles becoming a cell twice the size of a mitochondrion due to their lack of a need to do things and they are able to replace a mitochondrion due to their energy output and they produce lots of luciferin and luciferase
habitat: anywhere their prey lives

ancestor: shadeleaf logbridge
name: stonebark glowbridge
adaptations: diatomaceous bark, better RuBisCO, glowing tissue, chloroplasts shove out O2, better mitochondria, even thicker roots.
description: a species of logbridge that glows and makes sucrose at a rate of 12 molecules per second as well as actively shoving out any oxygen from the chloroplasts while actively taking in CO2 from the host cell. the mitochondria now have proteins that turn free radicals into useful compounds. this species of bridge forest has a micropodial organelle called a “luciplast” that makes luciferin in one side and luciferase in the other as well as making ATP from glucose throughout the whole organelle but mostly in the middle, these organelles can replicate themselves but the host organism can make them as well due to their reason for existing being it’s reproductive envelope infecting an egg cell at just the right angle for the egg cell to not die, this species also has 2 meter thick (occasionally hollow) roots that glow brightly in the night and bark coated in stone cells that are connected to the circulatory system of the tree
habitat: asteroids

ancestor: shieldfish
name: shuttlefish
adaptations: highly pressurized digestive system, funnel exoskeleton segment to increase thrust, larger, better eyes, exoskeletal crushing plate, more internal pressure resistant exoskeleton, lockable transparent vacuum tight exoskeleton gill plate, photoplastic micropodial organelles.
diet: all isopods, vinegaroons, large stone cells, juvenile rockworms, sandworms, pit viper mimics.
description: a species of exoskeleton wearing blobfish that can move in air very quickly but cannot slow down easily as it moves by expelling waste behind it at 50 meters per second. this organism’s inability to slow down has led members of it’s species to get stuck outside of the atmosphere on occasion often causing to them suffocate and die and one of these fish ate a piece of sea grass when it was young but little did it know that this piece had a photosynthesizing viral protector (it was a photoplastic micropod) which it accidentally went into space a few days after eating it and found that it was not feeling as much carbonic acid in it’s blood and it thought that space was fun when you are not dying very quickly and pretty much all of it’s egg cells either got infected and got it’s DNA or got infected and died so after mating(a few years after the first time it went into space for 50 minutes) it layed it’s eggs in a nest(blobfish make nests) and all it’s offspring had photoplastic micropods in all of their cells with most of them in their exoskeletons
habitat: literally anywhere that isn’t too hot
@TwilightWings21

@zenzonegaming you gonna make anything soon
@TwilightWings21 can you update the list

ancestor: shuttlefish
name: space fish
adaptations: micropodial organelles are now only 1 cell, extremely primitive rocket fuel, melanin filled exoskeleton cells, proteins that use heat to make ATP from ADP Phosphate and oxygen.
diet: all isopods, vinegaroons, large stone cells, juvenile rockworms, sandworms, pit viper mimics.
description: a species of shuttlefish that can now survive in space until they need to eat due to a combination of metabolosome using radioplastids that used to be multicellular copepods, melanin coupled with thermosynthase-C(constant) not to be confused with thermosynthase-G(gradient) as it does not require cold to release the ATP it makes and just releases it in the temperature it was fixed in, and a vacuum tight exoskeleton. they also have a mutation in their gut bacteria that makes them have primitive rocket fuel but they do not yet have a way to use it. they also like fire for some reason(probably something to do with the fact that they have organelles that use ATP to make glucose and take in ATP from their surroundings as well as use light to get it)
habitats: Air, water, space, fire

Apparently I don’t get notifications if I’ve already been pinged in a post, interesting

I’ve been focusing on my other game but I’ll try to update something with this soon-ish

Also why did you ping zenzone in the post above your most recent one?

idk i did it 8 days ago and i don’t retain thoughts for that long

ancestor: bloodcleaner juniper
name: heartfruit juniper
adaptations: a heart-like organ formed from a defective toxic blood sack, oxygen detecting organelles to tell the “heart” to contract, softer roots.
diet: rockworm blood, the sun.
description: a maroon colored tree with blood red sap, a pulsating red blob on it’s bark by it’s roots, and soft, flexible roots that exchange oxygen and nutrients with the worm the tree lives on and allow the leaves, which have no holes to exchange gas with the outside world, to photosynthesize and give the whole tree energy while giving the worm oxygen and glucose so it may survive longer between meals
habitat: sufficiently large rockworms

ancestor:needle-eater
Name: neuro-plucker @willow
adaptations: increasing competition leads to it trying the intellecutal alternative, and the needle-eater begins to show higher social behaviors, and it gains thorns hidden in certain parts of it’s feathers to harm predators, stomach gets stronger so it can digest more foods
diet: mainly plants, but will pluck tiny bits from dead predators if really hungry, equipped with the stomach to digest the meat, or if in area scarce of plants
habitat: asteroid belt @willow

but what is it’s name. also there are no swamps as far as i am aware because the setting is an asteroid belt

Cool submissions! Sorry I’m a bit behind on this game, focusing on my other one. Hopefully I can find time to update the sheets and everything sometime soon

1 Like

you need to be more specific with the habitat also i did not get a notification when you @ed me

ancestor: ingothead shark
name: exogill shark
adaptations: invert gills, gills regenerate faster, better water retention, better eyesight.
diet: fish, rabbits, stone cells(they break their teeth on them because they are stupid and just eating things that produce electricity), literally anything that makes large amounts of electricity
description: a shark with it’s gills protruding instead of inside it’s body to prevent the gills collapsing outside of water and cells that grow gill stem cells to repair damage in the gills.
habitat: water, air when the water is dried/used up but only long enough for them to get back to water

ancestor: manta aeropod
name: mini mantapod
adaptations: photoplastic micropods, far smaller, leaf structures.
diet: copepods, plants.
description: a marine isopod that uses the photosynthetic abilities of the photoplastic micropods to stay underwater for it’s whole life as long as it consumes oxygen every now and then and scaled itself down to the point that it would have enough surface area to support it’s entire body’s oxygen demands without eating for several days
habitat: any well lit body of water

species template
ancestor:
name:
adaptations:
diet:
description:
habitat:

ancestor: island runner
name: polydactyl island hopper
adaptations: stronger muscles, faster top speed, opposable thumbs, joints in the back attached to the fifth rib, silent fur structure.
diet: birds (especially cathunter owls), membranous rabbits, sandworms, cave diggers, soil makers, polar bear, razorgrazers, neuro-pluckers, hemophilic plants.
description: this species of serval has two more bones than it’s predecessor that are attached to it’s fifth ribs on opposite sides that are used for slapping parasites on it’s side. it has opposable thumbs to better grip the soil or asteroids it is running on. it can run completely silently and with far greater speed than it’s parent species and has a bite strength of 1,500 psi
habitat: anywhere they want.