I don't see the compounds clouds

I started a new game and in the entire game i don’t see any compound colud

Which graphics card do you have (ThriveLogOGRE.txt will have it, and the launcher will also print it when running through it)?

Older intel integrated graphics are known to have issues.

Hello. I am having the same problem as OP. I have an AMD Radeon R5 graphics card. Is there any other information you would like?

I have the same issue and I have an AMD Radeon RX 560. I can still play the game because I just have to look at the box on the top left corner, however… .

I’m having the same problem, with Radeon R3. At first I thought it was supposed to be like this, as the compounds seem more common in this version than the previous one and it’s not really difficult to find them without seeing the clouds.

Unfortunately I don’t have an amd graphics card and neither does any of the other programmers on the team. So it isn’t really possible to fix this until someone who can fix this steps up.

What gpu do you have then? Nvidia, intel or else?

I and Untrustedlife have nvidia GPUs, I also have a laptop which has intel hd graphics (some pretty new version that manages to play the game fine, except the clouds aren’t as see-through as they are supposed to be).

When I’m playing Thrive I don’t see any clouds.
But I can still eat them but I can’t see their color they are invisible.
I hope this bug be fixed.:frowning:

Do you have an amd graphics card? If so see above why fixing this is difficult.

Yes, I’m using an AMD graphics card.
Ryzen 3 2200G
Vegas 8

Well, this won’t be fixed until someone comes along and figures out why this shader doesn’t work on AMD:

#version 330

uniform sampler2D cloudTexture;
uniform sampler2D perlinNoise;

uniform vec4 cloudColour1;
uniform vec4 cloudColour2;
uniform vec4 cloudColour3;
uniform vec4 cloudColour4;

// Must match the names in compoundClouds.vs
in vec2 oUV0;

out vec4 color;

void main()
{
    vec4 concentrations = texture2D(cloudTexture, oUV0);

// The colour is just all of them multiplied by their concentrations
    // and the noise
    color =
        // first
        cloudColour1 * concentrations.r * texture2D(perlinNoise, oUV0 * 1.5f + 0.0f).x * 0.80f +
        // second
        cloudColour2 * concentrations.g * texture2D(perlinNoise, oUV0 * 1.5f + 0.2f).x * 0.80f +
        // third
        cloudColour3 * concentrations.b * texture2D(perlinNoise, oUV0 * 1.5f + 0.04).x * 0.80f +
        // fourth
        cloudColour4 * concentrations.a * texture2D(perlinNoise, oUV0 * 1.5f + 0.6f).x * 0.80f;
}

For every person who has this problem on 0.4.0, please answer this poll.
What is your GPU ?

• AMD
  • Nvidia
  • Intel
  • Else

0 voters

I voted on behalf of all the reports from AMD users, that can’t see the clouds, I’ve seen.

2 Likes

i hope you can fix this bug soon if you can

Now that I’ve played thrive on a laptop, nd I’ve seen the compound clouds, I honestly prefer it without being able to see them.

What is wrong with some people…

I like the e m p t i n e s s
And, y’know, it’s nice to have to mouse around to find them. It’s exciting to see that number in the top left go up to thousands, n such.

It’s also nice to always look if another cell is about to attack you when you’re looking for chemical compounds.

cloudColour3 * concentrations.b * texture2D(perlinNoise, oUV0 * 1.5f + 0.04).x * 0.80f +

This one doesn’t have F in the “0.04” Does it matter?
I don’t know about coding but I’m just trying.