Iceburg for thrive 2#

I already did it

3 Likes

ha yes, doomlighting, my alter ego of myself

1 Like

What does autoevo going to far mean?

autoevo monsters

W-what does THAT mean? Unholy eldritch bacteria?

2 Likes

The mystery of the purple bacteria

x files theme plays

3 Likes

“TheForumGameMasters AI clones” should also be on the iceberg.

1 Like

and the horrible treatment he does to them (considering that they are supposed to represent real people)

1 Like

How deep would that be on the iceberg, and how deep would the grueling control I attempt to exert over the AI be?

Okay, so, “TheForumGameMasters abused AI clones”
layer: Mesopelagic/Abyss

Unfortunately, I’m not sure how to interpret this question. Would the ‘grueling control’ be on the its own entry, or are you asking about the degree to which you yourself would try to control the AI clones?

Yes, try not to use the word “abuse” because that makes it sound like a crime. And controlling AIs is not illegal. The grueling control would be part of the same thing.

Treating something that acts like a human sets pretty bad precident in your mind even if you consciously try to not get into the habit of treating actual people badly. At least that’s the most relevant argument about AI I’ve heard regarding this discussion.

1 Like

True, but the same is said of treating AI characters in a game badly. And there seems to be no consensus from psychologists about whether that is harmful. There’s no evidence that playing a violent game makes someone more violent, and many psychologists believe that it can be cathartic, and even relieve a person’s animosity towards others, which could otherwise manifest in harmful ways.

There’s also no consensus from ethicists about whether it’s an extension of how we treat other people, either. These issues don’t really seem to be swung by how realistic the characterisation is, but they certainly are affected by how likely someone is to start to believe it’s a real person on the other end. If the characters are ones you’ve created for yourself, you aren’t likely to fall into that illusion.

1 Like

i feel like the reason it isn’t harmful to your ability to treat people well to treat video game characters badly is because: 1: they’re behind a screen, and 2: they have a limited amount of possible replies. once those are fixed that will change fast

1 Like

I quite agree. (I would have used an emoji, but they all could have been read as suggesting I liked the idea, or that I though you were talking crap. A ‘nod’ emoji would have been very useful.)

Yep, this is an entirely valid criticism against my comment. Willow actually said something I agree with regarding this.

I didn’t write anything to counter the arguments against my point that I was expecting as I was writing on my phone, and I still am so I won’t elaborate more.

I think its will be funny to add to the iceberg the case of
“the lost game of immortal” incident to it
maybe in the see floor or the void/abyess

1 Like

In what way was it ‘lost’?

in by lost i mean…

“gone”

'reduce to atoms"

it got deleted. litterly, not by me

…and no-one knew who deleted it?