Iceburg for thrive 2#

i have a post you can edit so id recomend you add all that stuff to my post

I also recommend that you add hhyyrylainen cult, (Revolutionary cult) to your iceberg.

Also, add ā€œDevbuild Black Marketā€

1 Like

Huhh??? There is something like this???

1 Like

I have not seen such a thing, if it even exists.

1 Like

So yeah i did it

5 Likes

Is it time for an updated version?

I already did it

3 Likes

ha yes, doomlighting, my alter ego of myself

1 Like

What does autoevo going to far mean?

autoevo monsters

W-what does THAT mean? Unholy eldritch bacteria?

2 Likes

The mystery of the purple bacteria

x files theme plays

3 Likes

ā€œTheForumGameMasters AI clonesā€ should also be on the iceberg.

1 Like

and the horrible treatment he does to them (considering that they are supposed to represent real people)

1 Like

How deep would that be on the iceberg, and how deep would the grueling control I attempt to exert over the AI be?

Okay, so, ā€œTheForumGameMasters abused AI clonesā€
layer: Mesopelagic/Abyss

Unfortunately, Iā€™m not sure how to interpret this question. Would the ā€˜grueling controlā€™ be on the its own entry, or are you asking about the degree to which you yourself would try to control the AI clones?

Yes, try not to use the word ā€œabuseā€ because that makes it sound like a crime. And controlling AIs is not illegal. The grueling control would be part of the same thing.

Treating something that acts like a human sets pretty bad precident in your mind even if you consciously try to not get into the habit of treating actual people badly. At least thatā€™s the most relevant argument about AI Iā€™ve heard regarding this discussion.

1 Like

True, but the same is said of treating AI characters in a game badly. And there seems to be no consensus from psychologists about whether that is harmful. Thereā€™s no evidence that playing a violent game makes someone more violent, and many psychologists believe that it can be cathartic, and even relieve a personā€™s animosity towards others, which could otherwise manifest in harmful ways.

Thereā€™s also no consensus from ethicists about whether itā€™s an extension of how we treat other people, either. These issues donā€™t really seem to be swung by how realistic the characterisation is, but they certainly are affected by how likely someone is to start to believe itā€™s a real person on the other end. If the characters are ones youā€™ve created for yourself, you arenā€™t likely to fall into that illusion.

1 Like

i feel like the reason it isnā€™t harmful to your ability to treat people well to treat video game characters badly is because: 1: theyā€™re behind a screen, and 2: they have a limited amount of possible replies. once those are fixed that will change fast

1 Like