Incipit de Novo | My first forum game

You could do that if you want lol, but I haven’t finished making the game yet so you’d be a tad early.

Anyway we can move this to pms if you want? Don’t want to derail this thread

oh i was planning on joining THIS forum game

but uhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

That works too! I just read it like you were responding to my comment about my forum game my bad lol

Edit: Actually idk if Abominable is still accepting new races you’d have to ask him.

Edit 2: Also, CHONK OTTER.

Considering the fact that the Featherhorn in that image is 30 feet long

1 Like

@Abominable hey if ur still accepting players…

Races
Mantodea Intellectus

Resembling, well, giant mantis, these large insect-like species is extremely intelligent, and has somehow befriended the lutra sapiens. They both have achieved a tribe together.

The larger ones have been said to achieve 45 ft in hieght, and 50 in length! Though, this is just a legend. However, if a mantis is well fed enough, as they can keep growing as long as they have enough food (a moderately large amount).
The average size, however, is around 25 ft in height.

Advantages:
+5% all stats when together with Lutra sapiens apart from intelligence. Intelligence when with lutra sapiens: +10%

Mantis-Blood: +25% Attack, +25% defense, +25% speed.

Craving for advancement: +10% intelligence

Disadvantages:

Slow-Reproducers: -50% pop-gain rate (if you see my civ in the first few pandora horizon forum games, you know this is enough to balance out the advantages)

Other: Carnivores

Lutra Sapiens

Being the smaller of the two species of the tribe, some of this species contents themselves with protecting the much, much larger mantis. The two species seem to have a special bond, as if they work together best when in the same place…

Advantages:
+5% all stats when together with mantodea apart from intelligence. Intelligence when with mantodea: +10%

Diligent task-doers: +10% to tasks assigned to them

Slippery: Are prone to dodge attacks with great success while in water

Disadvantages:

Smol: -10% physical defense and attack

Other:
Omnivores.

Tailed: Able to use their tails if their arms are occupied…or gone.

Tribe

Name: Lutra-Mantodean Coallition

Very tech-centered, however their rapid desire to advance leaves them missing some of the basics…
Tech: Basic Metalworking, Fire, Wheel, Stone tools, Leather tents.

Positioning on the map

@TwilightWings21 wheres your civ
edit:nvm i now see where it is

1 Like

I’m pretty sure no new species are allowed, also you did numbered pros/cons, while we don’t have that fleshed out of statistics.

1 Like

You didnt include The thrive odyssey
So imma include it for you

2 Likes

Ok yeah we lack players on the northern hemisphere so sure. Also the percentages literally mean nothing because there is no “base value”

3 Likes

What do the Lutra Sapiens look like?

They’re otters. Sapient otters

Oh, were did it say that?
EDIT: Nigel has metalworking as a starting tech, is that allowed?

It didn’t, but Nigel used the exact same species/civilization interaction for another game, with basically the same names, and it was mantis and otters there

I’m not sure if it’s allowed, the idea behind that is complex tech in some areas (ie. metalworking) but he lacks in most other fields (basic leather tents instead of housing, etc)

That was the intent at least, but he has more complex tech than simplified ones (metalworking and wheels versus just leather tents). So it could use a little more balancing

Visirax's likes/hates

Peace
Life
Longtermism
Truth
Power

Hates:
Fighting
Discrimination
Letting emotions even remotely control reasoning
Darkness (its photosynthetic, duhh)
Unnecessary lies

2 Likes

Ok, so I have an idea of how to proceed with the game.
The player tribe will be able to migrate around until they finally settle. Then they will be able to expand, and when they overexpand, new tribes will break off from the main one until hopefully the modern age, where they can keep the empire from breaking apart. Expansions WILL be mandatory, to not prevent people from just not expanding.

6 Likes

I don’t think I’ll be migrating or breaking into seperate hiveminds though, but that sounds good.

Just a thought; this system does seem interesting, however I think it might be more fun gameplay wise if instead of expanding being mandatory, there was some (perhaps vital)advantage to expanding. This system would allow players to stay stationary if they want, yes, but it would also encourage the expansion without making players feel forced to do it.

Just my two cents you can completely ignore this if you want ofc

When you will overexpand, a separate hivemind will form. You can’t stop it, otherwise it is too op.

Yeah alright maybe like resources that are vital to advancing through ages.

1 Like

How would it be OP? The entire point of my species is to be a single hivemind, and if a new one formed, it could simply expand its roots to connect to the new hivemind. There is no logical reason why it would break apart into multiple. I don’t see any reason it would be OP, it just has great memory and doesn’t have same-species fights.

It is OP because while everyone else has to suffer from tribes breaking off, you can just expand forever without even worrying about things like that.