What about @Deathwake

Welcome to the Teaverse

You mean My RealiTea

Truly a moldy tea cup.

1 Like

Its based on slime mold
So really it should be called tea slime
But it does reproduce like fungi though

Ok will TwilightWings ever make a species?

Also Iā€™m not the only one left to finish, Deathwake also hasnā€™t made a species.

Anyway I just finished the WIP drawing. Making the species description stuff/tribe now

Oh you were working on a drawing, that explains it, I just did a really quick sketch and that was it.

Plumis Draconis Civex, aka The Featherhorns

Large, long creatures, they never stop growing throughout their lifetime, only becoming stronger - but more lethargic. They are considered adults once they reach lengths of upwards of 30 feet, and by this time are covered in natural, scale like armor, and have an exoskeleton tougher than an iron clad beetles - not even a diamond tipped drill can pierce it.

They have a giant, pincer like tail, six legs and two five fingered arms, four fingers manipulatory and a long middle finger acting as a giant natural switchblade-like appendage.

They have spines on their faces, large exoskeletal horns and giant decorative feather like protrusions from nearby their four eyes in each side of their face, one main one and three smaller ones per side. They also have long antennae used for sensing their environment, even in pitch black.

They can go fairly fast, and have quick reaction time, and have large wings upon their back, similar to a dragonfly. (While I would love to make them able to fly like true dragons, perhaps just short bursts, similar to what grasshoppers do when you startle them up out of the grass).

They also have the ability to lower their mouth plate, revealing their true mouth and mouth-arms, and spit a large amount of webbing that they then can conduct bio electric shocks through.

Their large size means they need a decent amount of food, else they go into a hibernating state, and if they are woken up and there is no food nearby they are destructive and very hangry

They are largely jungle inhabitants, and fare poorly in colder climates. Their society is divided into four based on the time of day they are most active, and this also determines their color. Dawn Featherhorns are Sky blue with white underbelly and patterning and white feathers that can glisten rainbow, Day Featherhorns are largely green with brown underbelly and patterning, whit orange, yellow, or red feathers with brown or black dots, Dusk Featherhorns are Sunset Orange with a deeper red underbelly and patterning, and pinkish or pale yellow-orange feathers, and Night Featherhorns are black with purple underbelly and patterning, and have indigo feathers with white spots like stars.

(Largely advantages, I know. Will be balanced by low amounts of tech.)

WIP Image, will improve later;

Unshown on the image is the fact that they would have patterning similar to scolipedes.

Starborne Tribe

Name: Starborne Tribe, aka the Alliance of Stars

Leaders: Tempest of Dawn, Lily of Day, Shadow of Dusk, and The Dreadnought of Night.

Virtues; Peace-loving, friendly, xenophilic, high cooperation, high internal morals, Love new technology

Vices; Will sometimes pretend problems donā€™t exist, very violent tendencies once enraged (can include after a hunt, which is why the tribe tends to more vegetarian options when possible), very prone to becoming hangry, willing to adopt new things but resistant to change of old things

Technology; Fire, Stone Tools, Treehouse construction, extremely simple gardening (more for aesthetic at this point, single plants here and there, not realizing cultivation of dedicated crops is possible)

(Tried to keep amount of tech low to balance out abundance of advantages, thoughts?)

3 Likes

Is this related to Craygons? It seems simillar to emā€™.

1 Like

Not intentionally, yours have a higher number of legs. It might have been in my subconscious when creating this though idk. I liked dragons but didnā€™t want to just do a straight up dragon.

Out of curiosity, I compared 2. Here is the result:

1 Like

Ok if deathwake is taking this long should we just add TwilightWings to the map and start the game?

1 Like

Oh thanks for reminding me! Iā€™d like to be here if I can, having it be jungle similar to Indonesia!

Edit: Either there or some of the islands just a little north of there

Mine actually never stop growing, but yes there is a likelihood we are canonically related!

Edit: Oop sorry for double-post

I think I got Interesting theory on their relationship.

Long time ago, group of Featherhorn-Craygon common ancestors started to evolve towards living near and in water. They started to colonize islands east of the Neoindonesia (place where you live), But lack of large amount of resources on eastern isles and their new semi-aquatic livestyle forced them to become smaller, so that they are faster and more agile and can catch fishes underwater in way seabirds do. Semi-aquatic livestyle also forced them to get rid of most of spines in their faces, with Craygonian wiskers being their last remains, and Craygons developed stalk eyes to fullfil spine function (probably attraction). They also got rid of overly heavy exoskeleton, Turned their pincers into lobster-like tails for extra speed in water and reduced fingers on their hands, turning their hands into claws. Their legs got smaller as to make less friction in water, which may have led their 4th pair of legs to dissapear.

1 Like

@Abominable
TwilightWings needs to be added to the map, also, im starting to question if deathwake remembered, and TwilightWings, your creature does seem a little OP.

Yeah thatā€™s what Iā€™m worried about. I was trying to just finish my species, and so didnā€™t really have time to think about what would make good, tolerable disadvantages. Tried to balance that out with low tech but i do t think that worked as well as I wanted it to.

@Deathwake is online less than she used to be, probably intended to make something but forgot or something like that. A few more hours either way probably wouldnā€™t hurt.

Cool backstory Aah!

And the species submissions are locked.

6 Likes

What about Deathwake? Will she just have to choose one of the existing species?