Incipit de Novo | My first forum game

Wait what. Ok I think just one more.

1 Like

One thing you could do is make the creatures have bypasses in their armor, like I did for the laborers of my species.

What about a molting period, where they shed their exoskeleton to grow a new one? Say every time they grew 10 feet or so (approximately 3 meters), theyd have a period of soft armor as their armor fully grows in. This is a period of vulernability, and especially for larger specimens, and shed exoskeletons can be used by other races as shields/armor

1 Like

Now that I thought about it very hard, I realized that Krgg’lan would also have 6 times the productivity of a Human, why you ask? Well, let’s take blacksmithing as an example: a Human blacksmith can only work on one object at the time, but a Krgg’lan can make their 6 minor brains work on an object each essentialy sixdubpling their productivity.

Yeah my species is also quite productive, they can just grow some laborers and program them to do a lot of tasks at once, AND its a hive mind, so its quite smart.

EDIT: If we just start and add Deathwake later it probably won’t matter, because its gonna be a while before any two tribes interact, so if Deathwake joins later it wouldn’t be that hard to catch up.

1 Like

I think Abominable’s goal is to have all the species possible on the planet known, so NPC tribes can be made.

I’m just questioning if deathwake is playing or not, and couldn’t we make NPC tribes of their species later once they join?

Deathwake was typing up something here last night (saw the icon), probably working on something. Ultimately Abominable’s choice obviously but I wouldn’t want to start without someone without giving a decent amount of time (though admittedly some time has been given).

Yeah I am gonna give some time.

2 Likes

Races of the World, simplified;

Cancyri, Giant Amphibious Crabs (with gargantuan ancient deep Sea ancestors)

Craygons, Giant crayfish-dragonflies

Featherhorns, Giant Dragon-Bugs

Kgrr’lan, Giant tentacled things

Retectractonar, Advanced Cordyceps (mind controlling/corpse controlling fungus)

Tabaxi, Cat people

Tea Mold, a teacup on a stalk with tentacles

Visirax, Trees with walking plant workers

2 Likes

I already have plan for my creature in Incipt de Novo 2, I can say that it will be eery.

Dang you looking far ahead lol, game hasn’t even started yet

I actually just got back into making my forum game from the ground up, this popping up got me inspired to get back to it

1 Like

Had some energy to create ok looking art:

1 Like

Sorry for the wait eek

Species

Name: Cancyri can-sear-yi)
Appearance: like a cross between a crab and a spider. Up to 1.5 meters tall and long, up to 2 meters wide.
Behavior: spending most of their time on land the Cancyri only return to water to wash regularly and to breed. Very curious and playful, but don’t really value life. Psychologically like a ceatation and similarly intelligent. Hunt by using ranged weapons to enrage or spook prey to where either extremely unfair terrain or ambushing tribe members wait to make for a one sided fight. Eat animals of all sizes, plants, and preserve food by brining it in seawater that has been heated to kill off microbes.
Habitat: beaches, brackish lagoons and rivers, and especially shallow inland seas.
Pros: if young are well guarded they can reproduce very quickly. Very tough and quite smart. Breathes on land and water.
Cons: slow. To breathe underwater the amount of salt has to be similar to the about their egg was laid in. Become very violent dysfunctional and suicidal when they are isolated.

Tribe

Name: Coloney of Blue Death

110,000 years ago a species of absolutely gigantic highly intelligent underwater crabs that rarely surfaced but could almost comfortably live on land was split in two by a change in Deep sea geography. The crabs on one side lived in a small sea that was slowly surrounded by peninsulas and the water level lowered. The crabs grew very intelligent and started to spend more of their time on land. They are the Cancyri. Tribes of them usually name themselves colonies or refugees as a little surviving oral history tells that they were once stolen from their kin to live on land. They Blue Death part comes from a very spicific confluence of biology. In the pre-language crab communication system there were two ways to signal for danger, the stance and the vocalization. The stance was a stance, and if auditory messaging was necessary a click to get attention. The vocalization was a normal call. As time went on they started to mean different things. The stance was best used when imminent physical danger was around, as it could be used silently and was learned younger. The call was used in early language systems to describe things. As such it was often used to describe starvation. Eventually words developed to describe the two, now distinct concepts. Blue Death refers to death of the sea and death of blood. Crustaceans have blue blood and water is sorta blue sometimes. The concept is generally very violent poetic and used to describe losses that weren’t expected, wars, the end brought to a prey animal, and other speedy or violent deaths. Black Death is death of the seafloor and of dryness. Slow diseases that darken bright carapaces to browns and blacks as well as inland dark soil is where the name comes from. The concept is as you’d expect, slow deaths, doomed men, creatures stranded from their homes, hunger. In modern times it’s taken a meaning akin to entropy. In tribes which anthropomorphize the death concepts black death is responsible for all decay, all cooling, all drying, and everything that connot be undone.

Combine what we’ve discussed so far: coloney means an envisioned direct line to the ancient species. Blue Death means these Cancyri think of themselves as those who die to blades and great beasts, brave fighters against unstoppable entropy.

This tribe is found on the banks of the southernmost island

Note that the island wraps around the side of the map.

They live on the barren shores and are organized by age. Older members craft tools, teach youngsters, cook, and make traps. Younger members search for anything too big to be caught in a snare and then isolated surround, and chase creatures towards either tiny peninsulas over the sea or ambushers to rip apart their limbs and immobilize them. Children gather seaweed and root vegetables, as well as hunting shrimp.

No the weird philosophy didn’t need to be there j just over thought everything and have been very eek of entropy lately and I like this representation.

2 Likes

Oh hey we’re neighbors Deathwake! Cool.

Looks like that’s everybody’s races done! I wonder if the giant sea crabs could still be around as an NPC tribe or something. Would certainly be an interesting incorporation of the lore if Abominable chooses to do something like that. (Just Randomly speculating)

Better make sure you know what kinds of things people did for their species, because some are quite strange (and powerful).

1 Like

Hehe…I might have made mine… A bit overpowered, but I tried to balance it out.

But this is definitely the Civ game of strange atm

1 Like

Well hey, its not the most intelligent, and it might be fairly bad at not starving.

1 Like

Yeah it doesn’t help they go into a Beserker, kill-everything-on-sight state when sufficiently hangry.

Btw really like the look of your trees main bodies. I was imagining like normal oak tree-looking but that’s a lot cooler

1 Like

Heres my thought process for the design:
Purple plant on earth = EFFICIENCY
The lightest body of the tree grows the laborers and contains nerves
The other two are armor

1 Like