Legends: Storm of the Forsaken

@Aquos The girl scoots away from Gregalt, unnerved by his green skin and creepy appearance which suggests she has never seen a Goblin before. She also doesn’t respond to his questions, only giving him a confused look meaning she can’t understand Goblin language either.

“Eh, it was worth a shot”

“Hello, what is your name ? I’m Maenlorn, Ma-en-lorn ! How about you ? What is your name ?”

@Louix The sounding out seems to help the girl get the indication that Maenlorn is telling her his name. After a few more seconds of looking around nervously she softly says “Os uhl maes Narayya. Nar-ay-ya.”

(Quick note for everyone: Narayya is pronounced Nar-I-uh, just some clarification)

“Gregalt Gorgonson. Gre-galt Gor-gon-son”

@Aquos The girl, whose name is now revealed to be Narayya, takes a moment to try to pick up on Gregalt’s name. She sounds it out a few times, slipping up on the repeated Gs before getting it mostly right on the fifth try (though she accidentally replaces the A in Gregalt’s name with an O). She’s still a bit wary of him, though she does seem a bit calmer than before.

Fudd Bedneck
“Fudd Bedneck. Bu-dd Ne-d-re-ck”

@AgentTine Narayya gets confused from the two different names presented to her and doesn’t attempt to sound it out. She scoots a bit closer to Maenlorn, afraid of the large and rather scary Troll.

Fudd Bedneck
Fudd is having quite a laugh with the confusion he caused, and he’s not yet done.
“Budd Nedreck. Fu-dd Be-d-re-ck.”

@AgentTine Narayya starts getting frightened by Fudd’s continued talking and she hides behind Maenlorn (who as far as the rest of the party can tell is the only one she’s fairly calm around) although Fudd can still see some of her hair due to her being slightly taller than Maenlorn.

(also I hate to ruin the fun but are you guys gonna do any actions? I can’t make the next turn without them. Not saying you have to post them right now I just wanna know how much longer you wanna keep trying to talk to Narayya)

Fudd Bedreck
Fudd chuckles for awhile, and decides to stop teasing the thing.

(I already posted my action which will probably be more of a reminder than anything as I think you’ve already got it)

“Well then, now that introductions are over, I think it’s time to eat !”

Action: Share our food with Narayya, sit by the campfire and tell tales of our past.

Action: eat

Time: Noon

Maenlorn heads over to the nearby campfire, inviting the rest of the party as well as Narayya to sit down and eat. Gregalt and Fudd quickly head over but as Thraryk starts to head over, he notices Blaze briefly snap and attempt to tackle Narayya. Fortunately before Blaze can cover the distance between him and his target, Thraryk gets in the way and grabs Blaze, throwing him to the ground which knocks Blaze out without actually hurting him. (Blaze: 15, Thraryk: 20)

Narayya meanwhile looks paralyzed by fear at the human Mage’s sudden assault and after her eyes dart between the now unconscious Blaze and Thraryk, she worriedly stutters out “A-ahn f-f-feyl” and quickly scampers over to Maenlorn, hiding behind him again. Fudd, who is watching, doesn’t exactly understand what Narayya said but judging by the situation and her reaction he can safely assume she told Thraryk “Thank you” (Fudd: 17)

Having solved the small scuffle with Blaze, the rest of the party sits down at the campfire to eat and relax. Thraryk enjoys some of the blueberries he found, sharing some of them with everyone else as most can agree that the rations of bread and dried meat they were given for the trip aren’t exactly the best when it comes to taste (though Narayya doesn’t seem to care and gratefully eats the ration she was offered). Oddly, the party can notice Narayya occasionally looking over at the river Fudd found earlier, particularly the marked trees, with a slightly worried expression.

(Blaze is now unconscious, he will awaken on his own in 3 turns)

“That went well.”

Action: try breaking the language barrier between me and narayya

Gregalt
“Ay, can’t any of you magicians do somethin’ here? Some kinda language spell, or somethin’?”

“If i had a spell that did that i would’ve used it when we first met her, man.”

“I dunno. Maybe you forgot? You can never be sure”

Fudd

“Magic definitely doesn’t work like that. Don’t ask me how or why I know that, and also don’t ask if I’m sane.”
Action: Keep watch over the local area.

(Why is everyone who join in my games always psychopaths trying to kill the rest of the party?)