PC Setups

You mean just how long after the PC roughly?

1 Like

Probably around 6-ish months.

2 Likes

For friends and close ones I guess will it be meant?

1 Like

I might do a little troling and invite the whole forum to the Factorio server to see what factory it’s single collective braincell makes. Just a “might” though. :wink:

3 Likes

How many factorio players might we even have in here?

1 Like

Oncpapa: Deleter of Posts

3 Likes

It’s the best not to comment on removed posts persisting after they’re deleted for a while…
Also, when do you plan to purchase the PC parts of your setup now? You need to decide on that one day, planning can’t take forever…

Around a month. Actually, almost exactly a month!

1 Like

So near the 20th of June I presume?

Yeah, that timeframe.
Also, new server build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/f834h7
Apparently 256gb is overkill. I’m just using that number to be safe.

1 Like

A few more steps and you’ll have a terabyte…

It looks like SSDs and mid-range GPUs will go down when I plan to build my PC. Since I have both of those in my plans, my PC will go down to around $800 (as far as my estimate goes). As well as my i5 12600KF going on sale after Computex, so yippee!

Here’s the guide I used: Best Times to Buy PC Parts? (Maximize Your Savings!)

2 Likes

How much do you think will the server cost?

Might go down to $540, but I don’t know.

1 Like

After server do you plan buying anything else currently?

No, not really. My server will be at normal price by the time the I plan to build it.

1 Like

How long do you think will the built PC last?

I’m aiming for around 8 years.

1 Like

And after that a new PC shall be built?

Yeah, that will be what happens.

1 Like