Phobias

pretty much a thread for sharing your worst fears, i’ll start!
i have extreme acrophobia! (fear of heights), its so bad that i get nervous on 2nd floor balconies!
it’s made it almost impossible to get on planes!

Previously on Phasmophobia

(fear of ghosts, also the name of a co-op horror video game)

There is also trypophobia, which is the fear of patterns containing clusters of small holes. It is actually PewDiePie’s worst phobia.

im afraid of getting hacked but apparently thats not a phobia
apparently theres a phobia of feces/deffication.

Scatophobia, perhaps?

I have Atychiphobia, fear of failing.

1 Like

I have Hemophobia (minimal), fear of blood and Cynophobia, fear of dogs.
but i mange to control them to minimal

Gynophobia is the fear of women.

Scotophobia or lygophobia is the fear of darkness. The scoto prefix stands for “darkness” while the lygo prefix means “twilight”.

My grandma had Lepidoterophobia, a fear of butterflies and moths, although she is mostly scared of butterflies.

It’s strange cause she was perfectly fine around stuff like bees and wasps.

As such, I didn’t notice phobias (meaning downright strong ones), but, in principle, I can say about apiphobia (which is gradually fading away thanks to videos about beekeeping on YouTube), agoraphobia (an extremely mild form), possibly mild kinophobia, although I simply do not trust dogs and try to avoid them… What I really have is the fear of allergies, because of which I can die, by the way, the probable cause of apiphobia. If hostility can also be considered, then it is also hostility to birch trees and all their derivatives, without them I would have lived easier and better, although they are considered to be one of the symbols of my country. I have no idea if this has the right to be called phobias, I just told

1 Like

I have extreme kathsaridaphobia. If I see a cockroach, I run away and I’m in shock for a week. I also have acrophobia, although I’m not afraid of flying in an airplane.

Aren’t roaches widespread in countries like brazil?

Yes, especially on hot days, but they are out of sight. It is particularly common to find dead cockroaches in dark corners and abandoned houses.

I don’t have arachnophobia, I really like spiders actually, but I hate spiderwebs. Yeah, they’re often pretty, but the idea of touching some fiber that sticks to your skin and when you’re trying to get away from it just stretches and and it’s not going to let you go just grosses me out.

“never gonna give you up”

1 Like

Well, I wonder how for instance dancing cockroach could work on you (if you don’t know, it’s a video of rotating CGI roach making some humming noises)

Basically a jumpscare

…wait. Your message has 19 characters while character minimum limit is 20… Suspicious.

That message is 21 characters long

Spaces don’t count i think

Why wouldn’t they count? Also, they count