Progress Updates

Are those meeting viewable to the common folk?

I like the idea of making it an option to start as the LUCA. Mostly because it opens up new possibilities for at least two, equally exciting, alternative styles of gameplay: if you’re not the first species on the planet, what will you find already inhabiting it? Either computer-generated ones, or ones picked by you (like in a “seeded world”). Would make it for even more replayability, I think.

Also, if you’re not supposed to be the first organism, maybe you could ge the option to start in a later stage? I would love that feature.

So are there still plans to remove the compound clouds? I see there’s been somewhat of a slowdown on that front.
I think they should 100% get removed. As you discussed, they are not realistic as to how microbial life works, and Thrive aims to be as scientific as possible. Plus I think they are ugly as hell.

Don’t worry, the topic is still very fresh in all our minds. The thing is it’s a big change so we need developers to be on board before we progress if further.

For now we’ve implemented the ability for cells to passively absorb ammonia and phosphate as a first step (in the devbuild), but we’ve kept the coloured clouds for both as a way to get an extra boost of that compound when you swim through it. The next step is to experiment with adding chunks (bubbles or crystals or other particles) to replace the clouds and see how that feels. However we need developers to work on this next step since currently all the developers are working on other tasks.

Then if we like these changes, future steps could be to add passive absorption for more compounds, adding chunks for more compounds, or removing clouds for some of the compounds.

5 Likes

Probably not, because they are meant to be like really casual meetings to have good atmosphere going on and to not be extra stressful.

3 Likes
10 Likes

I feel like “Thriveopedia” is a real mouthful. I thought “Thrivepedia”, which is better imo, was the planned name for that feature.

5 Likes

i feel like people will enter surface patches at night and assume that they’re still in a deep patch because of the darkness, maybe there could be a day/night gauge in patches that are affected by it?

1 Like

Maybe just an icon? Like a little sun/moon in the up-right corner? Or anywhere really.

2 Likes

Feel free to make that a suggestion so we can see how much people agree with it!

Where can you make suggestions?

3 Likes

Thrivopedia

3 Likes
12 Likes

I’m really excited to try out the new Mucilage Jet. Having a whole new movement organelle and a new agent will be a lot of fun!

The amount of progress you guys have made recently is amazing! Keep up the good work!

3 Likes
7 Likes

Idk about you guys but for me this image looks rather cursed

Do u mean to the man o’ war junior ali?
Dont worry, he dont bite

It cursed because the creature is W I D E

It’s cursed because the creature doesnt look like a bunch of unconnected balls

you will get used without balls :+1: