Progress Updates

We are starting a series of weekly progress updates. The first one is here:

15 Likes

Awesome! Great to see what’s happening behind the curtains!

1 Like

Definitely great to know what’s going on, it’s more reassuring.

1 Like

This is excellent! Now people-especially new visitors-can see what has been going on and get hyped that actual progress is being made and the game isn’t just dead.

1 Like

I’ve made some formatting changes to the post. Please let us know if we can make things look better in other ways, and we’ll try to keep it consistent from now on.

3 Likes

Also if you have any feedback on the updates, feel free to let us know.

1 Like
3 Likes
3 Likes

Q: what’s BSF? According to wikipedia:

I have no idea which one it is, but probably not the bean one, (since Thrive does not have enough beans of course, (and because no java, but that is not nearly as important of course)) so I feel like it might make sense to explain a term like that in the update.

1 Like

It’s bs::framework. It has been explained in my first post about it:

1 Like
3 Likes

when will the next update be? and will it have the pilus?

1 Like

It’s a bit uncertain when the next release will be, because the progress towards the critical features has slowed down dramatically. The pilus is still in the plans for the next release. It may get dropped if it causes extra delay.

2 Likes
2 Likes
2 Likes

New update

1 Like
2 Likes

Nice, I’m surprised y’all’re already prototyping multicellular stuff.
One thing I’m curious about/would like to request: Is the cell death sound everything, or will you get a specific sound for your type of death too. If it’s the first one, I’d personally like to hear something specific for your unique type of death, to not have every death sound the same. (For example, if you die to your ATP running out it should sound a bit different that if you get pilus’d)

Also, Nick’s auto-evo update is absolutely massive, and I just don’t have the time to read it and will try later.

1 Like

It’s prototyping for 3D Editor Plans - Gameplay - Thrive Development Forum

That likely depends on how much will there is to make a ton of variants. Also none of the new sounds have been put in the game yet, as that was the kind of stuff @Untrustedlife did before starting his new job (we are all hoping he’ll start contributing more again).

2 Likes