Quick Question Thread

Since binding agents are maybe gonna be added next release does that mean that we are getting a multicellular stage next version, if not what do the binding agents do?

If you count multicellular to start when you get binding agents and attach to other cells, then yes.

Kuvakaappaus - 2020-10-12 12-19-06
3 Likes
Also, can we consider the new win condition to be when the player gets the binding agents and attaches itself to other cells?
1 Like

I would love so. “Winning” the game just because you reach a certain population and/or gen is very anticlimactic to me, at least. Winning the game when going multicellular and having the ability to play after that if you want sounds much better.

Although, it would be more realistic to reach all these conditions to win the game:
  • Population \geq 1000
  • Generation \geq 20
  • Binding Agents: Acquired
  • Binding Status: Done

I’m not going to redo the win condition each release that way.

Of course I need to once again say that others are welcome to implement that and make a PR.
But I’ll personally only change the “win condition” once I’ve implemented my grand plan of very rough prototypes of all stages being included in the game. At that point the end will get a proper credits ending.

I don’t get it. I was talking about how to win the current stage, not about the whole game.

You mean the dev team may implement very basic prototypes of each stage before adding more content and gameplay to the game?

I mean I will.

My point still stands that the farthest point you can reach in each version is going to quickly change and someone would need to remake the win condition all the time.

Strange question, will all stages will be on the same Thrive Launcher?

We aren’t making the stages separate games (unlike that one reddit post where they wanted to make Spore but more stages and wanted each one to be a separate game), they’ll all be a single game.

3 Likes

How is the ‘Revolutionary Games becoming an association’ thing going? I remember hhyyrylainen saying that it was inevitably necessary to keep with the rg’s patreon

It isn’t progressing because I haven’t found 2 willing additional founding members for the association. I’ll just have to figure out an alternative. Though donations will be simply impossible to accept until the association is formed, but I think I can figure out how to handle other kinds of income.

2 Likes
Why is there nobody else who wants to be a founding member? Is it because they need to live in Finland?

I was looking at the dev forums now, and it seems that only the chairman needs to be resident in Finland. (and probably over 18 according to hhyyrylainen, so no problem)
And the other two founders need to be at least 15 (I think its not a problem too)

So why nobody agreed in being founding members? I saw NicktheNick there seeming to support hhyyrylainen, and, if he is active enough, he could be a founder. It doesn’t seem to be a big deal, I wonder why didnt you get the 2 required founding members.

2 Likes

I included answers to a lot of questions in the thread:

1 Like

What kind of binding agents will be included in 0.5.3? (if it is going to be in 0.5.3)
Only clumping with some other cells of the same species, and not specializing cells?

Also, how about having toxins and toxin immunity enzymes in the next release?

The binding agents planned for next release are going to be a rudimentary implementation allowing you to bind to other individuals of your species and form a colony once evolved. Specialization within this colony in the coming update is unlikely.

Toxin variety and defenses are probably going to be packaged with or close to the implementation of our passive proteins system. For now your only defenses are going to be pili and cell walls.

5 Likes

So, a question; how will those prototypes be worked? Slowly worked when its possible and giving priority to the main game? Or will hhyyrylainen focus totally on them, letting other devs work in the microbe stage, or what?

I’m going to focus my attention on it, but as no one else is (very) active in reviewing pull requests, I’ll have to keep doing that.

Hey! I have a question about how we’re gonna see multicellular. Is it gonna stay in the 2D plane, start in 2D, but move to 3D, or be completely 3D? Oooor do you guys not know yet lol?