Quick Question Thread

I was thinking of it in turns due to the way Thrive currently is, with in-world sessions punctuated by editor sessions, and the cycle of both being necessary to advance time. Is the idea that that way of doing things stops when evolution stops?

Most likely, though, if a tool editor is added, there might be a time jump the times it is used. Though they would be much smaller and editor times would be much more common and sporadic, making it not really a turn since the option could just be ignored instead of skipped.

Even with the current prototypes the society stage is not turn based (and none of the later stages are either).

Were the icons for amino acids and fatty acids ever used for anything? Was there an idea to include those?

I think 0.3.4 or one of the versions a bit before that used amino acids as a separate thing. So your eaten stuff got first converted to amino acids and from there to usable stuff. Or maybe it was that first amino acids were made from other stuff and then amino acids were converted to reproductase? At least that’s what I think first when forced to try to remember what they were used for, I might be misremembering a bit. That was simplified to directly just make ammonia to make eating simpler.

2 Likes

You can think of phosphorus as DNA and ammonia as amino acids in the reproduction progress on the right.

1 Like

If a whole civilisation goes to hibernation (example: generational ships, lonely sumerian events) it would be like a time jump

True, but those would be extremely uncommon depending on how space travel is handled and would not really represent the ‘turn’ HexapodPhilosopher is refuring to. Unless perhaps in games where ftl is not a thing, like I’ve heard, discussed in some places.

Does the current toxin in the game refer to strong oxidizing substances, such as H2O2?

I thought oxytoxy was a weaponised reactive oxygen species

2 Likes

I mainly want to ask about the toxins generated in the environment,

What is the realistic size in the real world that a hex in the current game corresponds?

3 Likes

After quick Google, according to Mechanics of the Nucleus - PMC nucleus can be between 5 to 20 μm.

In game hex “diameter” (it’s not a circle) is roughly 35,6% of nucleus diameter, that gives from 1,78 to 7,12 μm.

Summary

3 Likes

Considering that:
it means that the hex diameter should be closer to the lower boundary.

1 Like

Where can I find the list of features mandatory for the microbe stage to be considered completed?

1 Like

It’s in the roadmap.

Link to the roadmap:

2 Likes

As for me, 0.8.X era will be the most exciting, especially the planet generation feature.

2 Likes

Personally 1.X and 2.X are the most exciting for me, being the sort of “creature” stages.

3 Likes

Uh, I meant as if in the planned upcoming microbe stage development eras. That being said, the stages you’ve mentioned will be exciting too (most likely).

4 Likes

Where can we check how much progress has been made towards the next update? (I remember there was something for that but I forgot where it is)