Quick Question Thread

Ok. Then, when I finish school on december, I will learn C, then C++! Mwahahaha!
Thanks

If you want to learn c++ I suggest sololearn its an app that teaches you coding languages

Would I have to learn another language first?

No you pick which laguage you want to learn

Hmmā€¦ Thanks!

Iā€™d advise learning a simpler language (python, java, C#) first, to get ā€œa feelā€ for programming and then later convert those skills to C++, since C++ is a very difficult language to learn without coding experience (even with apparently, I personally only know C# but I know multiple people who know C++ and all agree it is not a fun language).

1 Like

Well, started a tutorial about 5 minutes ago and I understandā€¦ for now.

Someday, will the game have an RNA-world stage plus a prokaryote stage?

But thereā€™s not any other theory that is more likely to be true than this one. Metabolism couldnā€™t appear first, for it wouldnā€™t be able to replicate itself.

Yeah, the two new cells that result are called daughter cells. SO its safe to say both are new individuals. And both get half the dna so.

I personally would love that. But RNA world is still extremely theoretical we donā€™t relaly know how it woudlo have actually worked.

Is there gonna be an option to change the controls? There has already been a discussion on what kind of controls to use, whether just WASD, or WASD + Mouse, where W is always towards the cursor. Would it be hard to implement both?

Edit: There are actually two ways to handle WASD

1. W is always the way the cell is Ā“lookingĀ“ (meaning that A and D are purely for rotation)
  2. W is always upwards, A is always left etc. (like upper part of the screen, left part of the screen etc.)

It is quite a bit of effort to balance multiple control schemes, so we probably wonā€™t prioritise it anytime soon.
There are also plans to use the mouse for identifying what you are pointing at so that way youā€™d still need the mouse even if you donā€™t use it for turning.

Hi there, and again, welcome to the Aperture Science Enrichment centerā€¦ . No just kidding. I was looking for books about general chemistry, biochemistry, etc., but they are too expensive and I donā€™t want to borrow books from my town library. Does anyone know a website for learning anything? And I donā€™t mean ā€œschoolā€ websites. I mean websites like tutorialspoint, but for every subject.

Hereā€™s something odd, are tongues just tentacles but instead of suction cups itā€™s tasted buds?

Are your bodies just war machines for our brains to control?

ā€œThe tongue is a muscular organā€ so, no.

tentacles are more like appendages that go on the outside of the body
tongues are more like (as reeper66 said) muscular organs.

they are similar but not the same

Well, they are both muscular hydrostats, a type of appendage, (the tongue is actually the only muscular hydrostat in our body,) and, whatā€™s more, scientists are actually studying tentacles to increase their knowledge about tongues (The site doesnā€™t great sources though, so maybe itā€™s just sensationalism),

1 Like

Are there people still working on this game, also how many stages are in the game right now, I canā€™t seem to find anything about how many stages there are.

Also I think this game should have a discord server, you guys should make one for this game.