Quick Question Thread

No it wasn’t . Explaining it is literally impossible because that would require combining gravity with the other fundamental forces tho. But quantum mechanic shows that traditional black holes are not possible as they leak radiation (called Hawkins-Radiation iirc).

Edit: here’s a simple English article that’s probably appropriate for most users of this forum:

1 Like

I’ll quote the important part if someone can’t be bothered to read that:

So claiming that “black” holes don’t exist is all about semantics. I find it silly that that would give any reason to say “black holes don’t exist” by relying on technicalities and semantics. It does not bring anything insightful into this discussion.

4 Likes

Well, a black hole that emits radiation is in my eyes really different from a traditional black hole. You’re probably right that this doesn’t add much to the discussion tho.

By the way, in quantum physics, people shouldn’t use semantics as an argument because quantum physics doesn’t have a logic that humans can fully understand. In science, there is a norm claiming that even though something isn’t logic, it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s not true.

I thought we all knew black holes emitted radiation? Well, there are more things to stuff than meets the eye.

The thing was that everyone used to think it was impossible for matter/energy to escape a black hole, which apparently isn’t true (because apparently it leaks)

3 Likes

And that’s the thing, I already knew radiation leaked from black holes. Although, I still don’t know that much about black holes besides they have intense density/gravity and they leak radiation.

1 Like

i wonder if it will be possible to make a giant fire breathing ultralisk in the final game

Will You be able to make giant robots in the future stages? And on the topic of giant stuff could you make a death star or a race of Giant Monsters Like the one depicted in my profile picture

You mean like Tripods from War of the Worlds?

I was thinking Like the Colossus/ Reaver from starcraft

1 Like

Sounds like a cool concept, but I was thinking that giant robots would have similar appearances to the species who designed it. There are some movies where giant robots are present, giant robots who represent their creators, who are human in form. With Tripods, they represented the 3 legged amphibious aliens from War of the Worlds.

If your species looks like quadrapedal squids or crustaceans. then I can see where you’re coming from.

Well i see where you’re coming from (afterall 90% of robots we design look like humans)
But i was wondering if you could make giant robots to conquer planets with

Also the reaver and colossus are both protoss robots and the protoss look like gray aliens except they dont have large heads and are really tall and muscular looking

Maybe Reapers from Mass Effect? Those would be a good way to wipe out a planet effeciently.

nah i wanted to have something cool to attack and terrorise planets with

If i wanted to wipe out a planet i’d mass void rays

I meant like “wiping out a planets life”, not destroy the planet entirely. If I were to conquer a planet in the game, I would probably use some sort of nanotechnology as a building material to make several fighters and warships. I could dominate the planet in 2 hours time with enough weaponry.

Well if you wanted to wipe out life i recommend reaver drops

I usually like to do it the old fashioned way, ground units, guerilla warfare, airstrikes, fun stuff. If the invasion went too quickly, it wouldnt be as fun.

if i get bored of fighting them i might go for Giant instant life wiping units otherwise i’d just attack with normal units Also i hope you can perform orbital strikes on a planet just to tenderize it for invasion

1 Like