Quick Question Thread

Yes, a generalized caste editor is planned that allows you to make different castes in your species and one way to use it would be to make male/female. This has been discussed before. Here’s one thread:

how complex will sculpting be in the organism editor

When will we get access to the caste editor, in terms of stages?
When will we get the behavior editor?

I think it will be close to or during the multicellural stage but am no Dev so don’t quite me on this

1 Like

I think it will probably be available even in the cell stage. Right now the player species has default values for the AI that Untrustedlife wrote. So allowing the player to tweak those would be quite easy.

At the latest I’d say early multicellular as I think the same system will be used to specialize different types of your cells. Later on then once you switch over to placing tissues, the caste editor would also change from designing cell types to different kinds of members of your species.

Will there be color variety between your species?

Well I suppose all species look different, so yes, there will be color variety.

1 Like

Are you referring to different species looking different? Because he was talking about within the species, like how not all humans have the same colored skin. Of course I might have read that wrong and you are right.

Oh, oops. Well in any case, yes, there will be colour variety within species @Vegetalian

2 Likes

EEgaming mentioned the behavior editor but I dont understand what that would do. Does it only affect the npcs of your species or doe it give you abilities? because as the player you are controlling your organism so I dont see the point in it, please explain what it does.

I think its how the species acts, whether it’s fearful, aggressive, etc

Yes, but it defines NPC behavior.

Will we be able to create alleles? Like incomplete dominance, black fur yellow fur, dominant black eyes, recessive red eyes, etc?

but thats the thing its pointless because you as the player decide if you want to attack something or run, not an AI and if it is just for the NPC’s of your species then what do you gain from it?

If I recall, they want to make the population more dynamic so your NPC members affect it, so having a behavior match their biological design will aid in them being successful or dying off.

2 Likes

I literally just said. It’s the NPCs.

IK I was asking what do you gain by upgrading the npcs, but Steve gave me a good answer

Oh. I misunderstood. Sorry.
Also It could help if your species relies on a population/hive, like bees.
Edit: or my Anegoscus
Also will you be able to make alleles?
Edit2: Will we be able to control how it grows from childhood to maturity?

A nice way to deal with your second question would be the ability to prioritize growth of certain tissues during the maturing. For example first you would want your neural system to be invested in the most, then your muscles, then fur and so on. That might be pretty neat-o.

1 Like

I read thought the wiki and I didn’t find anything about mercenaries, is there gonna be a mercenary system? And I might be asking a bit too early,but how is gonna be trading system.

Will you be able to play as multiple species on the same planet?