Quick Question Thread

Controlling individual organisms was originally part of the plan for civ and space stages but I wouldn’t count on it.
The amount of work on that would be basically like making a second game. I doubt most developers will want to do that for a feature that most people will use once, go ‘cool!’, and never touch again.

4 Likes

Is this “grand plan” still a thing? I mean i haven’t heard about this for a while (hopefully i don’t sound mean lol)

Yes. It takes time. And I’ve had so much other stuff to work on that I haven’t even gotten started, like setting up the association, CLA, ThriveDevCenter features related to the previous two, fixing a bunch of backlog bugs that have been open for years…

1 Like

Time is the key

To put it simply, yes, your question is also valued Mr.Black.
Looks a lot like that little l a s t v i s i t thing though

“Awakening Stage sees the move to Strategy mode where you control a group of organisms. However, you can still switch to Organism Mode” (Taken from the official developer wiki) Will it be real or not?

Look six replies above this

I realized that this will not happen, but it’s a pity

Yeah, I wanna control 1 organism, and maybe play around with the surroundings. Then again if that was possible, there would have to be a dAy NiGhT cYcLe.

Does the current implementation of the Binding Agents count as Multicellular Stage or not?

Partially yes but yes but this is rather a more stripped-down version

1 Like

I would say no, personally. The cell colonies are multiple organisms working together and living cooperatively, rather than a single organism composed of multiple cells. But then again this could be one of those is a virus alive or not discussions where the dividing line is a bit unclear so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Personally I would love a feature like this, but I see it as a rather non-priority feature rather than an integral part of the game. We will likely be focusing on the management mechanics first, and I cannot make any promises that it will make it in.

3 Likes

Can someone help me draw Disturbance?
I’ve only got the head so far

It’s for an MSM contest, so of course it’s not gonna look the same

The fact is that most players will go into the organism mode and say cool and don’t go there anymore, although I would sit in this mode for hours

When the player reaches the Society or above ‘stage’ (lack of better term), could they still evolve better cells or edit them?

It would be realistic, for example, if your species lived purely in space after that point…

Timescales, people. In microbe stage a single editor cycle is 100 million years, whereas the industrial stage and space stage last like a couple of hundred years.

2 Likes

Possibly even thousands of years for the space stage and above.

I actually had a thought about this. Starting at a certain point (possibly industrial stage) each editor cycle is less time than the previous. This would probably end at about the 10 year mark or so to prevent editor cycles being to short

Is a species tree planned? Even though the possibly hundreds of branches will be visible come late Society, it would be interesting to look back on the history of species branching out from the blob of Cytoplasm.

Perhaps only species you have encountered are visible so the giAnts who are dominating at notAmerica aren’t shown to the player until they cross the ocean (this could make the tree smaller so CPU’s don’t melt having to look through the universe to show the history).