Quick Question Thread

Yes, it is perfectly safe to install thrive normally, this game isn’t a virus.

It is free and open source so that anyone can just download it and play it. And it is a great game.

That’s not to say a problem couldn’t potentially occur, but I doubt it.

Thrive downloaded from our Github page is safe. The executable is not signed, which would make Windows Defender less suspicious of it, as for that you need to pay Microsoft hundreds of dollars a year for a signing certificate.

Nothing is ever entirely safe, someone could for example hack our Github page and replace the game download with a virus. Of course we’d fix that as soon as we detect it.

I have a question about the Chemoreceptor, if that’s alright. Does the chemoreceptor point to the closest patch of the selected compound in it’s range, or does it point to the patch with the highest amount of that compound in it’s range?

You also have settings for the minimum amount to detect

Nearest point that has the density you selected.

2 Likes

I have found that Narotiza has uploaded new video. In this Video, around 1 minute in, you can see, what appears to be, 3D thrive microbe stage. It is overlayed by some jellyfish-looking thing. You can see blob moving inside this footage, around “coral reef” with plants. You can also see engulfment icon and icons for temperature, sunlight, pressure, some icons for bubble, gas cloud and other circle-shaped thing, and also cell stage compound bars. Can it be confirmed if this is some sort of prototype for 3D microbe stage, Late multicellular, aware stage, or if this is just some animation made by Narotiza that mimics how 3D microbe stage could look like?

How will patches on different planets work? Will some have different patches then others, and will we get more patches in general in the future?

I’m not aware of any even prototype like that. The visuals were likely made for the video or pieced together from other pieces of concept art.

I am still the only one with access to 3D membranes on one of my local branches. If you see 3D membranes anywhere else than the official progress updates, or in the Patron Hangout on the Discord, it is quite fake.

3 Likes

A question on a the post “aquatic macro-scale evolution” on the development forum: how will exoskeletons work through this system? An important distinction between arthropods and chordata, a significant and definitive split in the evolution of animals, is whether their skeleton is on the inside (chordata) or the outside (arthropods) of their body. This system operates well with chordata, but could it also contain arthropods?

1 Like

I was playing and I noticed that there was a place with several organisms of the same species close to each other(No, it wasn’t a colony) It looked like a shoal, or herd or whatever the collective for microbes is. Was this implemented or was it just an acquaintance ?

Ive experienced this too, i think it could be because its more efficient to be close to eachother for numerous reasons.

it bc if one dies the others feast on their bodies

1 Like

Is caused by the way the game microbe spawn works.

Will the spawn enemies cheat allow you to choose which enemies you spawn in the future? Just want more cheat freedom.

btw, is it possibe to evolve the binding agent and use it for auto evo?

This is a feature that goes way back. Untrustedlife implemented this a long time ago. Bacteria can spawn in small clusters.

Only if someone programs that in the game.

Will or is there be sort of complexity and size regulation with the nucleus, since nucleus is a sort of brain if the cell as far as I know.

By the way I’ve been shilling thrive on some imageboards.

1 Like

Silly question here, but how does the current multicellular transition and stage work