Quick Question Thread

decent for a prototype that is, still needs many rebalances and more substance

Letā€™s say I wanted to make a mod that plays a YouTube video. Would it be possible to stream the video as if I was playing it on YouTube instead of downloading it? Iā€™ve found a similar project, but it downloads the video, soā€¦

Is it planned to add moving body parts in multicellular? For example, a cell (or group of cells) that can rotate 90 degrees to close off a mouth or something.

I think this will be criticalā€¦
HOW THE HELL WILL WE BE ABLE TO RUN THE MULTICELLULAR STAGE SMOOTHLY

works just fine, if you dont have a potato pc.

also its nice that multicellular prototype is already out.

still, game development is untimately limited by the pc industryā€™s capacity

Multicellular stage encompasses actually larger animals so obviously they need limbs.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s technically a reason why you couldnā€™t. You just need to implement an algorithm that knows how to stream a youtube video data and handle buffering etc. problems that need to be handled when streaming.

are we going to do a physics revamp next release?

are we going to be able to make living catapults?

suicide cell???

Interesting, this could lead to sexual reproduction if implemented, one colliding and accidentally fusing with a different cell (though Iā€™m fairly certain thatā€™s not how it happened on earth. Right?)

meiosis work ???

What do you mean by that?

meiosis, the process of using half of a cells dna to create a half cell,

I still donā€™t get how meiosis is related to physics revampā€¦

oh i wasnā€™t talkin about physics revamp, i was responding to twilight

I think it would be funny if you made the cells have soft body physics. That would really lag out the game!

We use muscle to move around. Imagine a human sized organism that only moves with flagella. Is that even possible?

There is a physical difference and different conditions between how a cell feels the world and a person feels it and even and how they feel how it feels.
When you are microscopic, you feel like the air is becoming liquid, so you need to evolve differently so that flushing is more efficient.
For example, there is a creature called a fairy fly:
They are so small that the air feels like a swimming pool to them, so their wings have evolved differently.
Compared to a large creature like us who feels the air as just air.
ex for a particular video that explains the subject here:

So the answer to your question: Itā€™s not possible to have a large shotgun that will push between a person if you are not in conditions that can do this, like water

1 Like