Quick Question Thread

That’s also the reason why it is recommended to post images via image hosting websites.

2 Likes

Oh, I almost forgot. Imgur can actually store videos too.

Remember, a video is just a series of images played at a framerate.

1 Like

That looks just like a cell taking damage.

The organelle colours being wrong is a separate issue:

Almost. Videos use compression between subsequent frames to be much smaller than all the individual frames stored as separate images.

2 Likes

Damnit! Carykh lied to me! (kinda)

or if it’s on the devbuilds

The community forum login.

Please do not double post. You can edit the replies and quote different people by selecting their message and clicking the “quote” option.

3 Likes

You don’t have the applied community forum groups because you have different email on here than on Patreon. You’ll need to use the Patreon login option or switch your primary email here on the forums.

I’ve thought about allowing an email alias to be set, but this situation has literally only come up like 2 times since the start of the Patreon. So spending like probably 4+ hours on a feature that less than one person uses per year is a bit uneconomic.

Hi! I’m sorry if this question is a little silly, but is there any way to manually extract the information for your microbe from a save before 0.6.0 and covert that into a thrive fossil file? My earliest save is from 0.5.2.0, and I think it would be nice to have some of my first microbes in my museum. Thank you in advance!

Well it is theoretically possible, but would require a lot of technical skill.

Here’s a rough outline on how I’d do it:

• Extract the save (Thrive saves are a .tar.gz file that contains the save data in JSON format)
  • Find the player species definition from the save and extract that object from JSON
  • Extract another fossil file (these are packed the same way as saves) to inspect.
  • Modify the extracted fossil file with the data from the save. One tricky part here is how to make the screenshot of the species. It might be easier to overwrite the player species in another save by transplanting part of the save there, and then use the normal fossilization mechanic to make the fossil file with a proper image.
  • If the approach picked was the one to modify an existing fossil info, then the last step is to just pack the extracted files into a .tar.gz archive and rename the file extension to the right one
  • Then it should work

So there, technically possible but actually pretty difficult to pull off.

1 Like

Will there be anything like Galactic Adventures in Thrive?

1 Like

Hello! I found a little topic from a while back that might answer your question. I hope this helps!

What about Hydrogen? When will that be added?

I’ve not seen any official developer confirmation that hydrogen will be added to the game, but I think it would be a little strange if the most common element in the universe wasn’t in the game lol. I was able to find this really high-quality concept post about hydrogen metabolism though!

(edit: thank you @50gens for clarifying this!)

Will Rusticyanin get a eukaryotic counterpart? It’s freaking annoying to use that instead of a ferroplast (unofficial name)!

The roadmap* mentions hydrogenase for 0.7

1 Like

I’ve seen a few people discuss this idea (and I think it’s a pretty nice one!), but I’m not sure if it’s going to be added into the game any time soon, sadly. I found this post on the suggestions board proposing it, and I’ll make sure to quote Hyyryläinen’s response below. I hope this helps!

“The reason this originally wasn’t added because it didn’t add anything to the game design to have 2 parts that do the same thing, the other just being better once you unlock it with the nucleus. That’s why an eukaryotic version was not added when the rusticyanin was added. There’s really a strong reason to not add it, other than that there needs to be a reason for adding it.”

1 Like

So the jury is still out for them adding ferroplasts.
Huh.
Edit: i found the CellCraft wiki, and it seems to be abandoned. Maybe we should help our fellow science game?
Here’s the link:

Will there be a process that uses the Pressure variable? If so, what will it be?

Ammonia is a compound cloud now but how would it look like if a planet has oceans that are, say, 50% ammonia and 50% water? Can ammonia based cells in mixed oceans have contractive vacuoles for maintaining a 100% ammonia cytoplasm? There are planets with hydrocarbon oceans

Can hydrocarbons act like glucose? There are bacteria that consume methane* and heavier hydrocarbons*. Petroleum doesn’t mix with water or ammonia. Can there be a hydrocarbon patch in the the patch map for planets with hydrocarbons floating on water/ammonia oceans?