Space Stage Easter Egg ideas

So easter eggs you spot them, and we love them and so here I was thinking about some Easter Eggs on Thrive Space Stage.

1. The Grox: I think it’ll be a cool Easter Egg of its predecessor Spore

2. The Qu: Maybe when you explore through the Space Stage you can see them

3. Asteromorph Gods: What’s the Qu without the Asteromorph Gods of which defeated them and there’ll probably a mission where you the player and the United Galaxies team up to defeat the Qu as an Easter Egg to All Tomorrows.

4. The Quintaglio: I want to see these Tyrannosaur descendants make either an Easter Egg appearance and/or a cameo for all of you Quintaglio Ascension fans

cool but, did you ever take into account, that thrive is supposed to be the more, scientific, spore?

1 Like

Yeah, ik but I just want an easter egg to pay tribute to it

Another cool easter egg would be a giant monolith like in KSP. You could find the monolith on barren moons or flying around in space.

4 Likes

I think a nice easter egg to have in the Space Stage is the random chance for a planet’s randomly generated name to be replaced by the name of planets from other games/media.

A few I would potentially like to see in Thrive are Magrathea, Kerbin, Planet 4546B and Hoth.

3 Likes

Here’s an Idea, you can discover Earth in the game, but you can’t go to it or interact with it in any way, and when you hover over it just says something like, “A planet similar to your own home world, to bad the inhabitants seem to be to focused playing some game called ‘Thrive’ to notice we you are even there.”

4 Likes

It would be nice to have some references to sci-fi movies, like 2001 (A ship in deep space whose only information is “Goodbye Dave.” And interstellar (A planet whose description is “Things go by fast around here”)

I like this idea, but i would have to make a change: when you go to it, you will find actual mammals and dinosaurs living together, also coexisting with tricordates. Tadaaaa: a Sim Earth Easter Egg.

An earlier thread that talked about an Easter Egg:

1 Like

In spore have a earth easter egg and another planets in our solar system as easter egg too
So Will thirve have This easter egg too🤔

If one wanted to create irl Easter eggs, instead of having the Earth and all the complications that would bring with it, might I suggest having a random chance to encounter things like Voyager 1 and 2? The entire idea of those was to communicate the idea of humans and our civilization to aliens anyway, so it would be incredibly fitting imo.

6 Likes

From previous suggestions:
2001 A Space Odyssey monoliths for sure!

OoferDoofer’s suggestion of a random dead member of a species used in a previous run would be nice.

A dead Grox (possibly fossilized)

Some more planet names: Endor, Arrakis, Caprica, Planet Hollywood?

Having Earth in the game would be great. It wouldn’t need to be set up differently than other planets (except in terms of continents). Once the player has ascended, they could choose to seed life on Earth, and play it from any geological era. I would love being able to evolve dinosaurs or octopuses and see how they’d fare. Earth could also be an option for planet type if a player selects that.

And some more suggestions:
A dead sea creature in orbit around a planet.

A Kerbal in a space suit, either adrift in space, or crashed onto the surface of a moon.

How about a finding an actual Easter egg as an Easter egg? Maybe a small moon or an asteroid that looks just like an Easter egg. Sort of a meta-Easter egg.

On an icy planet or moon you could find what looks like Santa’s sleigh.

At the north pole of an uninhabited planet, you find an actual metal pole sticking out of it.

A flag planted on a planet or moon.

Rick and Morty’s spaceship.

1 Like