The Dance Of The Gods (Forum game)

hmm
so whats this game about?

Its a civ game that will eventually turn into an rp game, from what I understand

1 Like

Your trying to advance your civ enough so that each god you worship can take it’s place in the supreme realm, each god fights for a spot, for example, a god of past and god of future would not bother one another, but a god of time would take both positions so they would both attack the god of time, but that’s at the end, which can be delayed. After the game is over we will vote on a place and time period to start the RP game. An atheist civ can win, but they must have sufficient knowledge in either tech or magic.

2 Likes

What about twin gods of the same element?

Worshiped by the same civ?
Each would have to have a defining trait to not attack one another.
Example,
God of Gold and God of Steel
Also, gods die when they run out of followers.
The majority of the gods will attack others by influencing their followers to attack anothers.

1 Like
Thing

Race name: Felix

Attributes:

Strength 10
Constitution 5
Dexterity 10
Intelligence 10
Charisma 15
Wisdom 10

Capabilities:

Advantages:
Gravelord undead (each time they die their bodies turns to ashes and return back to life in a place of their choosing that they have been in the past (can respawn up to 9 times, dying the 10th time they die for real), can grow population using other living beings corpses)

Flavia’s blessing of body (+3 strenght, +2 costitution)

Disadvantage:
Crestfallen curse (when in low stability/happiness a percentage of the population becomes “hollow”, starting to mindlessly attack non-hollows)

Size: medium

Lifespan(s): immortal

Description: Undead created by gravelord Flavia and gravelord Junione, they look like normal humans except for the glowing red markings on their skin.

Alignment tendency (for auto civs): any neutral

Civilization Name: Zavet

Civilization Alignment: chaotic neutral

Description: unity of Felixes that worship the gravelords Flavia and Junione.

Flavia is the gravelord of temporary death and Junione is the gravelord of permanent death.

What do you think of it now? Do my gods conflict?

Seems good, the gods are what their followers beleive them to be, so the first is like the god of afterlife/rebirth and the other is the god of death.

1 Like

What about the god of metal

So you can become a god then if you get enough worshippers
Like on theros(if you know MTG lore else ignore this)

Kind of, your magic is hightend at first, that’s the first sign, then, when you die permanently, you become a god, but gods don’t really interact with the world that much besides giving buffs to their followers.

1 Like

aight im gonna be joining (theres still space for me to join right?)
ill be creating some nice crystal bats

will post the race/civ thing soon

Ok, yes there is still room to join, I don’t really have a limit, I’m still waiting on @Deathwake to fix their civ and everyone else to post theirs but other than that everyone seems good

3 Likes

:open_mouth: Nigel is not purely a tech civ this forum game? IMPOSSIBLE!!!

Cynthropulum Hivemind
Civ Description

This civ is controlled by a single queen, which uses population of the civ to gather resources (mainly biomass) in order to make more pop.

Government(?): Hivemind: The queen’s advantages are shared with the entire civ. (as well as one from the Gatherers)
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Races:

Cynthropulum Queen

Life-Span:
Size: Varied Depending on how much biomass is collected. (1 unit=10 ft in height) (queen size doesn’t really affect anything)
Attributes:
Strength: 5
Constitution: 5
Dexterity: 5
Intelligence: 15
Charisma: 15
Wisdom: 15

Capabilities

Advantages:
Hivemind: This species’ Wisdom, Int, and Charisma will be used for the entire civ.

Biomass reconstruction: Instead of getting a passive pop gain, pop gain is determined by how much biomass the
civ absorbs. (+10% pop gain per unit of biomatter in possession of my civ)

Hyper-Complex Brain: Can control other (species?) of the civ in order to make them perform better. (x1.25 total army power)

Resource Transmutation: The queen is able to transform biomass into other forms of matter. The rarer the matter, the more biomass it takes.
Disadvantages:
Disadvantage: There can only be one queen at a time, and it takes many resources to get enough biomass for one. (3 units of biomaterial)

Disadvantage: Since the queen is stationary, it cannot be moved easily. (-20% luck on actions that involve that)

Cynthropulum Rupture'ers

Lifespan: infinite
Size: Medium
Strength: 20
Constitution: 5
Dexterity: 20
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 5
Wisdom: 5

Capabilities

Capability 1:
Are able to cause a violent explosion to wipe out groups of enemies, killing themselves in the process (physical damage).

Cynthropulum Tanks

Size: 15ft
Lifespan: infinite
Strength: 10
Constitution: 20
Dexterity: 5

Advantages

Thick Armor: +5 to defense
Body Blockers: Can manipulate their bodies in order to provide cover for other units when being attacked by ranged weapons.
Slow: -2 to Dexterity

Cynthropulum Soldiors

Hieght: 10ft (medium-Large)
Lifespan: Infinite
Strength: 10
Constitution: 10
Dexterity: 15

Advantages

Warrior strength: +5 to strength

Cynthropulum Gatherer

Hieght: Tiny
Lifespan: Infinite
Strength: 5
Constitution: 10
Dexterity: 30

Advantages

Great Gatherers: +10% to resource obtaining actions (for the entire civ when using these as gatherers).

So, like what I told deathwake, you can only have 2 advantages per race
Also whats with everyone having infinite lifespans?

1 Like

oh ok
the 2:1 scale kinda threw me off.
@Centarian are we forced to have 2 advantages and 1 disadvantage? or can we have 1 advantage and no disadvantages.

You can have one advantage and no disadvantages, but your entire civ can’t have only advantages if you have more than one race.

1 Like

i think im just gonna uh…not participate in this forum game.
i think it will be a good game though, but my idea for my race is a bit too complex lol

I can handle it, Hey, how many people are living in the underdark?

I don’t get why I can’t have four advantages, I mean I gave myself two disadvantages to balence it:( I’ll have to rewrite some stuff and that might take me bit.

here is my civ and race

civ stuff

Race name: Kolra’ak

ATTRIBUTES:

Strength 13
Constitution 9
Dexterity 7
Intelligence 14
Charisma 7
Wisdom 10

CAPABILITIES:

Advantages:

Arcane Crystallization: the Crystals covering the bodies of the Kolra’ak can absorb and store great amounts of mana and then release it back into the world as a strong explosive burst of energy. This can allow them to absorb the spells and magic powers of opponents.

Echoes of Dread: the Kolra’ak can emit a deafening screech that can paralyze opponents or even force them to do certain actions.

Disadvantage:
Crystal Overgrowth: Over time, the crystals on the Kolra’ak’s bodies grow, and since they’re extremely heavy they cause the Kolra’ak to lose their ability to fly at an early point in their lives, which is after a very few years of reaching maturity. This also makes them lose their mobility and dexterity as they age.

Size: small

Lifespan: 310 years

Description: a very social humanoid creature with a bat-like appearance that is capable of flight in its early life, they’re smaller than the average human and have green crystals growing all over their bodies acting as a sort of natural armor, they’re mainly carnivorous but like eating berries and fruit.

Alignment tendency: True neutral

Civilization Name: The Sohalu Collective

Civilization Alignment: Lawful neutral leaning towards true neutral.

Description: A large-ish clan of Kolra’ak ruled over by a meritocratic council of 5, they worship Isvalis, the God of crystals, who they believe gifted them with their magical crystal armor.
they see crystals and gems as extremely valuable items.

thoughts?